Thread: Weight and Fitness Thread

Professional Piercer Just_vix81's Avatar

I have lost 22lbs (1 and 1/2 stone),this is from going to slimming world
    Been going to sw on and off since 2006 when I lost 2 stone then got depression and piled on 5 stone,joined a new group last april but really struggled before xmas due to work and depression, but I changed a few things in my personal life that has almost got rid of the depression (still have my down days) and this helps hugely with my weight loss, I have also stopped drinking caffeine as this was causing my sleep pattern to be awful, I cannot believe the difference it has made I've got 6lb to lose to get to my 2 stone loss mark, then only another couple of stone to get to my target weight

Sorry huge pic

Nov 2012 was the biggest I have ever been I lost half a stone by myself before joining slimming world and the current pic is me now as I said still got a few more stone to go but getting there slowly
    Last edited by Just_vix81; 07-02-2014 at 05:39 PM.
    Piercings
    Left ear:12 including scaffold,tragus,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Right ear:12 including rook,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Eyebrow
    Right nostril: x 3
    Left nostril: x 3
    Vch
    Piercer and Tattooist

Looking great Vix!!

I'm trying so hard not to give up, worked my arse off the past few months and only managed 11lb off but inches as well so it was ok. The weekend before my birthday my sister took me out so I had a meal out and some wine, calculated I ate at maintenance, ate at a deficit the rest of the weekend and the following week except for tue and wed (went over most likely), friday eve I drank a fair bit so over then and probably around maintenance sat, back on it since sunday. So a few naughty days but mainly maintaining and then right back on it and what happens? I've gained a STONE.

I've noticed this since January, I can lose ok eating at a deficit but I have one day where I'm not and all hell breaks loose, I don't just gain a lb or 2 or see it go on then fall off like water weight, I gain 4-7lb and have to fight to lose it again, it's INSANE. I know I've not eaten 5000cals a day for the past 3 weeks because that's what I'd have to do to gain like that. I f**king hate my body sometimes and just want to give up. *cries and stamps feet*

It was so effing easy on old WW, weight fell off me all the time but I have to remember that I hardly dropped inches (lost a load of muscle and ended up skinny-fat) so swings and roundabouts. Not to mention I'm over my deficit a bit, lots of protein and fillings foods but I'm hungry. *sigh*
    Last edited by Boo; 07-03-2014 at 01:02 AM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

ah hun that's shit! Have you tried following the old WW plan whilst doing your exercise stuff? Or SW or something? I tried CC fora while and seriously for about 4 weeks before starting SW and even though mathematically I was doing everything well I was barely losing which was SO demotivating. All I can really add is that you've been doing so so so well with working out and keeping it up, I really hope this doesn't demotivate you too much *hugs*

--

I've been doing pretty well with SW and up until last week I'd lost 17.5lbs / 1st 3.5lbs but I'm dreading today's weigh in after being at nicks for nearly a week, despite his mum and dad always commenting on his/our weight and telling us we need to lose weight etc and knowing I was doing SW so I brought my books and recipes down with me so we could cook on-plan meals but no, all we've been given has been way way way off the mark, argh!! So annoyed and sooo dreading going to class tonight
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

No not tried doing WW PPs cos it's a nightmare trying to find the info online etc and it's not supported anymore and tbh I love CC it works for me fine, I was losing 1lb a week for nearly 3 months then it went nuts. I also have to admit that on WW/SW I went hungry if I wanted a drink or a night out so it's not great in the long run for me nor is it sustainable.

However we've discovered what it is anyway tons of water retention, my feet esp my left one is like an effing balloon, even my hands and fingers have puffed up. It's these damn tablets so that's me tapering off them, not to mention I'm hungry a lot on them as well which is no good for someone like me and in my situation. Booked in with GP.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Aaaand 2 days later nearly 8lb of it has gone, stupid body.

Did my lifting routine today, time to try a deadlift at 65kg/143lb aaaand nope, got it 2 inches off the ground, yet 60kg I'm ok lol! It's irritating!! Back on the zumba train this week as well, have missed it!

After weighing myself today, I've lost half a stone in just over 3 weeks. Really surprised seeming as ive not been eating the best this week but killing myself running and doing zumba! So proud of myself
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Well done Philly!

Where do you go running? Once I have my insoles I want to do Zombies Run! it's like a C25K but with a Zombie story lol! There's a big field near me so I think I'll start out on there.

Same for any runners, where do you run? Roads, parks, fields, tracks? What do you like/prefer and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Well done Philly!

Where do you go running? Once I have my insoles I want to do Zombies Run! it's like a C25K but with a Zombie story lol! There's a big field near me so I think I'll start out on there.

Same for any runners, where do you run? Roads, parks, fields, tracks? What do you like/prefer and why?
    I run down past my parents as it leads to country roads and fields, I much prefer there as I can motivate myself more because I dont worry about people seeing me! Sounds stupid but yeh. I much prefer home comforts haha
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

I run, I am very lucky in that there's a lovely park called Jesmond Dene about 5 mins away from my house. It has gravel and dirty pathways that snake all the way through the park and go on for miles. It's a really popular area for dog walkers and runners, so I never feel self conscious there because there's always someone else on a run/jogging. It's a lovely place, when you're there it doesn't feel like you're in the middle of Newcastle because it's so quiet. I find it very calming to run next to the river, too.

Plus, I am very clumsy and I know if I tried to run on the streets I would trip over paving stones or something, and I'd be very self conscious about running with people in cars going past, potentially being seen by people I know, etc.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

Quote Originally Posted by phillipalouise View Post
    I run down past my parents as it leads to country roads and fields, I much prefer there as I can motivate myself more because I dont worry about people seeing me! Sounds stupid but yeh. I much prefer home comforts haha
    Thanks, not stupid at all!

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraChan View Post
    I run, I am very lucky in that there's a lovely park called Jesmond Dene about 5 mins away from my house. It has gravel and dirty pathways that snake all the way through the park and go on for miles. It's a really popular area for dog walkers and runners, so I never feel self conscious there because there's always someone else on a run/jogging.

Plus, I am very clumsy and I know if I tried to run on the streets I would trip over paving stones or something, and I'd be very self conscious about running with people in cars going past, potentially being seen by people I know, etc.
    How lovely!! And yes I worry about street running, I think I'd feel rather conscious too, especially being obese. I see loads of street runners near me but they're all super fit :/