Thread: Weight and Fitness Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    I've been eating healthily and calorie counting for 3 weeks now and I've lost 10lb / 4.53kg since then!
    Honestly couldn't have stayed on track so well without my amaaazing WL buddy!
    Yay well done!!

I've lost 7.2lb / 3.27kg so far in 3 weeks, all helps to have the lovely Kaitey supporting me
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Any tips for stopping snacking during essay writing / exam revision? My nerves are making me turn to chocolate but I feel really guilty - this week (as in since Sunday) I've already had a share bag of Minstrels, a Twix and a big bar of Cadbury's... this can't go on! I've tried eating healthier stuff like munching on cubes of watermelon or slices of banana but they're not hitting the spot :(

Quote Originally Posted by poodlewash View Post
    Any tips for stopping snacking during essay writing / exam revision? My nerves are making me turn to chocolate but I feel really guilty - this week (as in since Sunday) I've already had a share bag of Minstrels, a Twix and a big bar of Cadbury's... this can't go on! I've tried eating healthier stuff like munching on cubes of watermelon or slices of banana but they're not hitting the spot :(
    Don't buy them, if they're not there you can't eat them!

If you're in a situation where they're in the house then ask the person who buys them to hide them from you.

I only get choc/crisps in limited amounts so if I go to the shop for some milk I'll buy 1 turkish delight (185cals) and that'll do me for the day, all about damage limitation for me.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Yay well done!!

I've lost 7.2lb / 3.27kg so far in 3 weeks, all helps to have the lovely Kaitey supporting me

Have you tried chocolate chips to snack on? Also try darker chocolates as they've got a stronger flavour so you can last longer between snacks.
    I've found my favourite snack ATM to be sliced apple with almond or peanut butter which really fills me up/leaves me feeling satisfied (although might be a bit of a faff if you're a munch-as-you-work snacker). Have you thought about chocolate covered things? Like slicing a banana/apple/berries/whatever fruit you like, melt some chocolate, cover the fruit and the leave them in the fridge to set, that way you're getting you're chocolate AND fruit fix at once?
    you can also do sliced banana/apple, spread with nutbutter stick 2 bits of fruit together then cover in chocolate, fruity snickers bar!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Don't buy them, if they're not there you can't eat them!

If you're in a situation where they're in the house then ask the person who buys them to hide them from you.

I only get choc/crisps in limited amounts so if I go to the shop for some milk I'll buy 1 turkish delight (185cals) and that'll do me for the day, all about damage limitation for me.
    See, that's where I'm going wrong. As a general rule I do one big shop on a weekend with meals pretty much planned out and we don't store crisps or chocolate in the house. But atm I'm heading out of the house once a day to get some fresh air / away from the computer and there are three shops pretty much outside my house selling naughty things... I just don't seem to have any self control!

Edit:

Have you tried chocolate chips to snack on? Also try darker chocolates as they've got a stronger flavour so you can last longer between snacks.
    I've found my favourite snack ATM to be sliced apple with almond or peanut butter which really fills me up/leaves me feeling satisfied (although might be a bit of a faff if you're a munch-as-you-work snacker). Have you thought about chocolate covered things? Like slicing a banana/apple/berries/whatever fruit you like, melt some chocolate, cover the fruit and the leave them in the fridge to set, that way you're getting you're chocolate AND fruit fix at once?
    you can also do sliced banana/apple, spread with nutbutter stick 2 bits of fruit together then cover in chocolate, fruity snickers bar!
    Hmm, I like that dark chocolate idea. Maybe pre-prepare some snacks - something healthy with a little chocolate over it, enough to get my fix but not so much that I just sit there gorging. I don't think that would pose too much of a problem in terms of already having them in the house since because even if I do go out, I can tell myself that I've got something waiting at home so don't need to buy any more choc! Chocolate is my one weakness - I don't drink tea or coffee, I don't drink much alcohol, I don't like cakes... but OMFG I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!
    Last edited by poodlewash; 05-21-2013 at 02:44 PM.

How much exercise do I really need if I work at a job where I'm on my feet around 20 hours a week? I was taking long walks but I find on my days off I just want to rest my sore legs! I need to at least walk once or twice I think.
    Yesterday was kinda bad, craved macaroni and cheese all day and got some when I got off work, ate a ton of it with a sugary drink which I NEVER usually drink. Also had a candy bar at work. I guess I didn't eat that much all together, just pretty bad things!
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

See, that's where I'm going wrong. As a general rule I do one big shop on a weekend with meals pretty much planned out and we don't store crisps or chocolate in the house. But atm I'm heading out of the house once a day to get some fresh air / away from the computer and there are three shops pretty much outside my house selling naughty things... I just don't seem to have any self control!
    Get some chocolate chip Snack-a-Jacks? They are pretty nice! http://www.snackajacks.co.uk/jumbo/choc-chip.htm

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Edit:

Hmm, I like that dark chocolate idea. Maybe pre-prepare some snacks - something healthy with a little chocolate over it, enough to get my fix but not so much that I just sit there gorging. I don't think that would pose too much of a problem in terms of already having them in the house since because even if I do go out, I can tell myself that I've got something waiting at home so don't need to buy any more choc! Chocolate is my one weakness - I don't drink tea or coffee, I don't drink much alcohol, I don't like cakes... but OMFG I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!

Chocolate is amazing I've had the worst craving for hot chocolate fudge cake for about a week now, I know if I'd been studying I'd never have resisted!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    How much exercise do I really need if I work at a job where I'm on my feet around 20 hours a week? I was taking long walks but I find on my days off I just want to rest my sore legs! I need to at least walk once or twice I think.
    Yesterday was kinda bad, craved macaroni and cheese all day and got some when I got off work, ate a ton of it with a sugary drink which I NEVER usually drink. Also had a candy bar at work. I guess I didn't eat that much all together, just pretty bad things!
    How much do you really need for what? To lose weight? To tone up? To maintain?

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraChan View Post
    Get some chocolate chip Snack-a-Jacks? They are pretty nice! http://www.snackajacks.co.uk/jumbo/choc-chip.htm
    Oooh, thanks for that idea. I think I've tried them before!

Chocolate is amazing I've had the worst craving for hot chocolate fudge cake for about a week now, I know if I'd been studying I'd never have resisted!
    Yes, yes it is

I've never really watched my weight before but it's been slowly creeping up and up over the past year to the point where I'm now half a stone over my ideal weight (although I realise that's not a huge amount) so I thought I'd start a food diary - really made me think about what I'm eating! For example, I love salads but once you start throwing the full-fat mozzarella and pesto into it the calorie count really whacks up although I'd never considered that before, I was like "well it's a *salad* so it has to be healthy!". I suppose I'm looking to eat more sensibly, though, rather than full-on lose weight.