Thread: Weight and Fitness Thread

  1. #5011
    Senior Member Ezzles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec-2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJMBB View Post
    Eat in moderation and exercise regularly but most of all feel confident in your own skin. If you don't like your own image how can you expect others to?
    Yes, because THAT'S so easy. If only someone had given me this gem of wisdom years ago! I love how society is all "love your body!" while AT THE EXACT SAME TIME telling fat people we're disgusting, ugly, drains on society. Makes it SO easy to love myself the way I am.

    Also, losing weight is NOT about expecting others to like my body. I don't want to lose weight because I think fat people aren't hot and nobody will like me unless I get thin or some crap like that. It has nothing to do with what anybody else thinks of me, it's about my own health and nothing else.
    Last edited by Ezzles; 04-01-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Piercings
    2x left earlobe - 1992, 1998
    2x right earlobe - 1992, 1998
    Left nostril - 4/2/07
    Right tragus - 18/9/08
    VCH - 16/1/09
    Left tragus - 14/5/09
    Left helix - 14/5/09
    Right forward helix - 19/8/10
    Right snug - 21/1/12
    Left rook - 11/10/13

    RIP
    Left helix - 1999 - 2001
    Cleavage microdermal - 16/1/10 - 1/10/10

    Tongue web - 26/10/10 - 26/11/11

    Tattoo
    Rose on back - 22/6/12

  2. #5012
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr-2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I find making a list of goals and keeping a food journal really helpful. I also like using a reward system to motivate me to eat well. For example, I "pay" myself for meeting daily goals and treat myself to a new top or something.

  3. #5013
    Senior Member Ezzles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec-2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    644

    Default

    I actually owe myself my reward for losing 10kg - new piercing time, wooo! I just have to find the money one week.
    Piercings
    2x left earlobe - 1992, 1998
    2x right earlobe - 1992, 1998
    Left nostril - 4/2/07
    Right tragus - 18/9/08
    VCH - 16/1/09
    Left tragus - 14/5/09
    Left helix - 14/5/09
    Right forward helix - 19/8/10
    Right snug - 21/1/12
    Left rook - 11/10/13

    RIP
    Left helix - 1999 - 2001
    Cleavage microdermal - 16/1/10 - 1/10/10

    Tongue web - 26/10/10 - 26/11/11

    Tattoo
    Rose on back - 22/6/12

  4. #5014
    KTorrential
    Guest

    Default

    Hey guys! I'm trying to lose weight whilst going from being a strict vegetarian (not one of those "chicken doesn't count" or "gelatin, what gelatin?" veggies) to a vegan diet. I am failing at being vegan, so the rules is to be vegan 5 days a week and veggie for 2. At the same time, I need to lose AT LEAST 2 stone. Mostly because I am an unhealthy weight and have a lot of wobbly bits, which gets me down. Also, because love is seemingly in the air and I have an engagement party and two weddings to attend this summer. Trying to lose weight whilst sampling various types of food from a new dietary style do not go hand in hand. I sometimes feel just...hungry. Like right now, I can tell my tummy is full but I wanna eat...just cause!
    Currently weighing in at 171lbs, and 5'4". I do not exercise much, I walk a lot as I don't drive, and I play Zumba on the Wii (too self-conscious to exercise in public).
    So...that's me! Wish me luck!

    P.S. I am vegetarian for ethical reasons, and going vegan for various reasons. Mostly ethical, but also because I know I will be much healthier if I cut out all the blummin cheese and chocolate I gobble!

  5. #5015
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar-2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Originally posted by Ezzles
    Yes, because THAT'S so easy. If only someone had given me this gem of wisdom years ago! I love how society is all "love your body!" while AT THE EXACT SAME TIME telling fat people we're disgusting, ugly, drains on society. Makes it SO easy to love myself the way I am.

    Also, losing weight is NOT about expecting others to like my body. I don't want to lose weight because I think fat people aren't hot and nobody will like me unless I get thin or some crap like that. It has nothing to do with what anybody else thinks of me, it's about my own health and nothing else.
    WORD. I'm a bit sensitive about my weight, but the main reason I'm trying to drop weight is because I want to avoid the health problems that have plagued my family. While I do think feeling better about my body is an added benefit, it's not why I'm doing this.

  6. #5016
    Senior Member DehTripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec-2011
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KTorrential View Post
    Hey guys! I'm trying to lose weight whilst going from being a strict vegetarian (not one of those "chicken doesn't count" or "gelatin, what gelatin?" veggies) to a vegan diet. I am failing at being vegan, so the rules is to be vegan 5 days a week and veggie for 2. At the same time, I need to lose AT LEAST 2 stone. Mostly because I am an unhealthy weight and have a lot of wobbly bits, which gets me down. Also, because love is seemingly in the air and I have an engagement party and two weddings to attend this summer. Trying to lose weight whilst sampling various types of food from a new dietary style do not go hand in hand. I sometimes feel just...hungry. Like right now, I can tell my tummy is full but I wanna eat...just cause!
    Currently weighing in at 171lbs, and 5'4". I do not exercise much, I walk a lot as I don't drive, and I play Zumba on the Wii (too self-conscious to exercise in public).
    So...that's me! Wish me luck!

    P.S. I am vegetarian for ethical reasons, and going vegan for various reasons. Mostly ethical, but also because I know I will be much healthier if I cut out all the blummin cheese and chocolate I gobble!
    Good luck !! I've been veggie for nearly a decade now and have been slowly moving to a mostly vegan diet since getting back on the health train. It wasn't a conscious attempt but just sorta happened with trying to fix my habits. Since its not an ethical-based change for me I don't plan on going full-on vegan (still eat some eggs and a tiny bit of cheese) but it is surprisingly easier than I thought. I'm now at 31.6lbs down

    Oh!!! And its a easy reason to graciously turn down most treats that people will offer you "sorry, I cut out dairy/refined sugar/etc"
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

  7. #5017
    Senior Member Bexiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov-2007
    Location
    North
    Posts
    565

    Default

    I'm at Weight Watchers, was so cringey when I first went - it was full of older women and I'm 21. But I've lost 24lbs so far since mid-January, super happy. Had an awful week the last week though, went to visit family and ate takeaways most nights :S Dreading the weigh in on Monday.. but then again I've just had my tongue pierced so that should keep my food intake down for the next week ha!

    BECKY.
    current:
    2g lobes, 16g second lobes, tragus x2, conch, helix, nape, tongue.

    retired: industrial, navel, helix x2, conch, forward helix, septum.
    planned: VCH.


  8. #5018

    Default

    Just feeling alive and awake is worth it... No matter how you look.

  9. #5019
    Senior Member Ezzles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec-2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    644

    Default

    All the tips for getting off the plateau say to mix up your exercise a bit. My exercise is almost entirely Zumba, and some light walking - 10 to 20 minutes to and from work. The walking isn't at all strenuous because I'm dressed for work, not a workout, and because I'm carrying a big bag.

    I found an app called Zombies, Run! that trains you up from nothing at all to running 5k. It's like Couch To 5k, but less boring and with more zombies. I'm hoping that this will a) make me actually able to run and b) get me off the plateau and start me losing weight again.

    ETA: I also got my hula hoop today. She's so beautiful! Her name is Penelope and she is shiny silver with zebra stripes. I am terrible at hooping, but it's fun and also good exercise. One day I will figure it out how to keep the damn thing spinning!
    Last edited by Ezzles; 04-06-2013 at 01:08 PM.
    Piercings
    2x left earlobe - 1992, 1998
    2x right earlobe - 1992, 1998
    Left nostril - 4/2/07
    Right tragus - 18/9/08
    VCH - 16/1/09
    Left tragus - 14/5/09
    Left helix - 14/5/09
    Right forward helix - 19/8/10
    Right snug - 21/1/12
    Left rook - 11/10/13

    RIP
    Left helix - 1999 - 2001
    Cleavage microdermal - 16/1/10 - 1/10/10

    Tongue web - 26/10/10 - 26/11/11

    Tattoo
    Rose on back - 22/6/12

  10. #5020
    KTorrential
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DehTripper View Post
    Good luck !! I've been veggie for nearly a decade now and have been slowly moving to a mostly vegan diet since getting back on the health train. It wasn't a conscious attempt but just sorta happened with trying to fix my habits. Since its not an ethical-based change for me I don't plan on going full-on vegan (still eat some eggs and a tiny bit of cheese) but it is surprisingly easier than I thought. I'm now at 31.6lbs down

    Oh!!! And its a easy reason to graciously turn down most treats that people will offer you "sorry, I cut out dairy/refined sugar/etc"
    Thank you! It does happen, when trying to lose weight as a vegetarian. You realise some of the worst foods, i.e. those which don't aid weight loss, are the ones with milk or eggs in...chocolate, cakes, cheeses and cheesey products. But they're so yummy! Well done at losing so much!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •