Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Motorbikes

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Time Stretcher View Post
    Do it all in one, biggar bikes are so much easier to ride, I know it sounds daft, I wasn't sure when I got told that. What with the new test coming in soon, it's going to be so much harder to get a full licence. Even if you only get a scooter to start off with to get your confidence up. Once you've got going on the 500's you use for the test you'll definetly want a biggar bike.
    I'm disabled so at the moment I'm a bit unsure whether I want a bike or not - if I get one, I'll most likely have it adapted by NABD so the brake is with the clutch. I just wouldn't be able to cope with a bigger bike, and to be honest even if I could, I wouldn't want one, they just don't appeal to me.
    Face: Labret, medusa, septum, double nostrils, bridge.
    Ears: 8 lobes, 2 auricles, conch, tragus, 2 helixes, daith.
    Body: Nipples.

I am Katie. I like earl grey tea, marshmallows in hot chocolate, poetry and Care Bears.

disco-lemonade@live.com
    ^ add me please

Thumbs up Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Foostar View Post
    I'm disabled so at the moment I'm a bit unsure whether I want a bike or not - if I get one, I'll most likely have it adapted by NABD so the brake is with the clutch. I just wouldn't be able to cope with a bigger bike, and to be honest even if I could, I wouldn't want one, they just don't appeal to me.
    When I said biggar bike I mean anything above a 125 as your limited to that with a CBT. However you could get a biggar scooter, they are some on the market which are 400's which you need your full licence for. I'm sure some of your local bike schools will give you good advice though.

Last edited by 1st Time Stretcher; 02-05-2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: missed something out
    Life's Too Short

L/Lobe: 1.6mm, R/Lobe:7mm
    R/Arm : Tribal Band

Again, I don't really want a bigger scooter - my Gilera Runner will do 70 two-up, so it's got a top end of about 80. I can't imagine I'd want to go any faster since it's just to help me get about a bit better. I'm getting a big bore kit for it when I'm confident, then moving on to a bike once I feel ok on the roads. I just don't know if I'm ready to do it yet, with having issues with picking bikes up.
    Face: Labret, medusa, septum, double nostrils, bridge.
    Ears: 8 lobes, 2 auricles, conch, tragus, 2 helixes, daith.
    Body: Nipples.

I am Katie. I like earl grey tea, marshmallows in hot chocolate, poetry and Care Bears.

disco-lemonade@live.com
    ^ add me please

Heres mine, only a 125, hate being 18

My first bike is (still have it) a Suzuki RGV 250 (goes like stink!)

And I currently ride a Suzuki Bandit 600, lovely machine
    Current Ink :
    'Luctor Et Emergo'
    Wrapping around top of right forearm

Punisher Skull conversion
    Left Tricep

Future Ink :

'Ik Zal Handhaven'
    Wrapping around top of left forearm

Jagerbombs FTW!

Arrow Bandits

Quote Originally Posted by seb_rgv View Post
    My first bike is (still have it) a Suzuki RGV 250 (goes like stink!)

And I currently ride a Suzuki Bandit 600, lovely machine
    Bandits are great machines, some of the custom one's at the motorcycle show were excellent.
    Life's Too Short

My dad had a 600 bandit 2/3 years ago I'd say.

It was a greeny bluey one with the headlight fairing.

He customised it though

Full black respray, made it into a street fighter with custom brake lights (wired himself) with custom silver stickers, full exhaust system(kept bafflers in though was still a good 100 dB's I'd say lol) renthal streetfighter handlebars(black with silver strip on the little bar) new grips, fully repainted engine.

Paired with full black leathers and helmet =

I'll see if we've still got some pictures on the computers downstairs tomorrow.
    Last edited by just persia; 02-07-2008 at 08:18 PM.

I have a Vespa 200 and a Fazer 600. The scooter is great for around town :-)
    Piercing...... Prince Albert 10mm

Walk quietly and carry a big stick

coudl somebody explain the ages and restrictions to me?

I've heard so many different versions lately I don't know what's going on
    Quote Originally Posted by .Only.Streetlights. View Post
    My body modification has altered my mind far more than it has altered my physical appearance.

Arrow Motorbike Restrictions

You must hold a provisional motorcycle/moped entitlement. If you hold a full car licence this gives you your provisional motorbike licence. Once you then pass the CBT you can ride a motorbike up to 125cc or no ore power output than 11Kwwith L-Plates on. But you can't take pillion or go on a motorway.

Then there are two types of full motorcycle licence:
    A1 (Light Motorcycles) this allows you to ride on a motorway & carry a pillion without L-Plates. This is got by passing the the practical test on a bike between 75cc & 125cc. This then only allows you to ride a bike with a power output of 11kw, 14.6bhp.

A (Full Licence) gives you full entitlement to all machines. You can obtain full cat A licence with a two year qualifying period or direct access.

Cat A two year qualifying period is done by passing the motorcycle test on a motorbike between 121cc & 125cc, capable of doing 62.5mph. People subject to the qualifying period will be restricted to machines of 25Kw, 33bhp. After two years from the date of passing your test you can ride any size motorbike without another test. You must be at least 21 on the date of the two years.

You have to be at least 21 to do direct access.

Hope this helps
    Life's Too Short

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast