Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal welfare

I eat meat but I think it's wrong to kill a animal for a sport or for its fur.
    I agree that you should give the animal a good life before you kill it and give it a quick death.

Im vegan.

I dont think we should own or use animals. for meat, for clothing, for food.. i dont even keep pets.
    Have:
    Right ear: 16mm lobe, 2.4mm lobe, helix

Left ear: 16mm lobe, 6mm lobe, 2.4mm lobe, conch, helix
    Left Nostril 1.2mm
    Septum 2mm
    Snakebites 1,2mm
    2 tattoos.
    Want:
    Right ear: Tragus
    Left ear: helix
    Right Nostril
    Tongue
    Madonna
    Lots more tattoos

Sound Devastation Records
    Myspace

Go Vegan

Debate?!

I am a student. I cannot afford to eat free range meat unfortunately. But I absolutely couldnt live without meat. As a species, we are biologically designed to eat both meat and vegetation, so I see no harm in breeding animals for food.

I do not support the fur industry, its appalling.

Blood sports is difficult for me. Whilst my immediate reaction is "I am against them", I have enjoyed fishing over the years, which is technically a blood sport. Granted, I prefer sea fishing where the object is to catch fish we can eat (there is definate purpose), but I also enjoy lake and freshwater fishing. Haven't done it in a long while, but I think i still would.

If by blood sports you mean things like fox hunting, dog fighting, bull fighting etc, then they are sick. They are dragged out, painful deaths.

Anyway, you see how thats a difficult for me to argue.

For the people who (please dont take this offensively) get a warm feeling for buying free range chicken, please dont be fooled. It doesnt mean they have been kept in good conditions, roaming green fields. It usually means they are shoved in a warehouse with their claws and beaks cut off to stop them from damaging eachother when they fight. There is still barely any room for them to move. You will be pressed to ever buy a chicken that has been farmed ethically, unless you go to a small private farm and spend a lot of money. Sad, but true. When I am older, and eventually have a house with a garden, I plan on having some chickens for eggs, and breeding occasionally with intent of killing for food.
    10mm Outer Conch (punched @ 8mm), 3.2mm Helix, 22mm Lobe (scalpeled to 12mm from nothing), 2x 10mm lobe, Transverse lobe through both tunnels, 11mm Labret (was 16mm), 16mm Septum, Branding on left middle finger, 2x lingual frenectomy,subdermal implant in hand, Biomechanical Chest Piece + loads retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley
    Think i polished mine 3 times in the month! Not so clean at the moment, but it's still perfect in every other way.
    http://iam.bmezine.com/?HELLS_MoNkEy

agreed 100% with monkey there (Y)
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

I'm a very proud vegetarian. :]
    I just don't think humans were really supposed to eat meat, and the treatment of animal in slaughterhouses is disgusting.
    I'm also trying my hardest not to purchase anything from companies that test on animals either...leather/fur are also waaay out of the question for me.
    I love animals. :3

Quote Originally Posted by omgemilie View Post
    I'm a very proud vegetarian. :]
    I just don't think humans were really supposed to eat meat

Right, I dont want this to turn into an argument, just a quick question

Is there anything you can base that idea on? There is a lot of evidence for the case that we are supposed to eat meat - the two most obvious being the canine teeth, and the complexity of our digestive system.
    10mm Outer Conch (punched @ 8mm), 3.2mm Helix, 22mm Lobe (scalpeled to 12mm from nothing), 2x 10mm lobe, Transverse lobe through both tunnels, 11mm Labret (was 16mm), 16mm Septum, Branding on left middle finger, 2x lingual frenectomy,subdermal implant in hand, Biomechanical Chest Piece + loads retired.

Think i polished mine 3 times in the month! Not so clean at the moment, but it's still perfect in every other way.

if people weren't supposed to eat meat we wouldnt have the teeth we do _

i love animals too but i know for a fact our bodies are designed to eat meat so i do, and because i enjoy eating it.
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

I was vegetarian for a while, but now I have come to realise we were made to eat animals. Animals eat other animals. We are animals.

Yes, it would be amazing if they could all have wonderful lives running around in fields, but especially in the UK, we don't have the room to do that. We are a tiny little island, there are millions of chickens even in the UK.

Think of the knock on effect. Chickens and all animals have to be kept outside on X amount of land. Less land. Price of land goes up. Price of houses goes up. First time buyers will have no chance of getting on the property ladder then.

You have to think about the overall impact. Yes, I do care about chickens and other animals. But in the animal world, you have to put yourself and your family first. I would like to be able to buy a house one day. That is more important to me than a chicken.

Yes, I can. :3
    Our teeth shouldn't even be considered a sign that we are carnivore. compared to a true carnivore, such as a lion, our teeth are pretty pathetic. Honestly, we could not kill another animal without the aid of a gun or some other tool.
    Also, our digestive systems resemble that of a herbivores. A carnivores have an intestinal tract around 3 times thier own body length, so meat [that rots quite quickyl in thier bodies] can pass through without becoming toxic. But a herbivores intestinal tract is about 10 times there own body length, to take it's time and absorb nutrients from the vegetation it eats. A human's intestinal tract is 10 times our own body length.
    another good point is our salivary glands and pores. A meat eater has no pores on it's body, instead it perspires through it's tongue. Like herbivores, we have skin pores. Our salivary glands are also designed to pre-digest grains and fruits.

Now, I really don't mean to offend anyone, but I wanted to let you knwo that I do indeed know what I'm talking about. lol. ^^

ok, i'm impressed. But I didnt say we are carnivores. You are only giving reasons we are not carnivors. Clearly we will have elements of our bodies that are primarily distinctive to herbivores. We are omnivores, we eat both, and thus have features of both herbivores and carnivores.