Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rock Climbing

That pic brings back memorys of a mis spent youth. I did a bit of climbing and caving around the yorkshire area in my youth. Left all my gear in my mates girlfriends car one weekend, they split up, and she f*#£ed of to uni with nearly £700 worth of gear. So ended my climbing days. Looking back though it was one of the biggest rushes i've ever had.

I used to rock climb but then i broke my watch while rock climbing and got annoyed with it and when i was younger my mates brother was absailing and fell from the ropes or something and he ended up at the bottom unconcious and with his head cracked open so i got a bit scared of the ropes lol.
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    2 x 16mm Lobes, 2 2.4mm Lobes, Various 1.2mm lobe and helix piercings, 2 Vertical Helix, 1 Tragus, 1 6mm Conch, 1 Outer conch, 1 Antitragus, 1 Medusa, Right and Left Nipple, Left and Right Nostril, 3.2mm Tongue.
    2 Septum piercings and Both Cheeks
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr

Don't tell me that! I was just starting to look forward to doing something new with my free time lol!
    [Rivet]
    Lobes, Helix (left), Eyebrow (best.choice.ever)
    Possibilities: Tragus (right), Shamrock tattoo
    CURRENTLY SPORTING A DARK RED SATINBACK CREPE STRAITJACKET WITH "RIVET" IN RIVETS IN A SOUTHERN CROSS SHAPE BY DESIGNER DEBBIE

ive done a bit of climbing on indoor walls but i may start my training in the summer to be a climbing instructure at my local scout campsite
    Piercings
    *Lobes 6mm* * Standard Lobes x3* *Nose* *1.6m Helix* *1.6 Labret*
    Wants:
    *My industrial again* *Nape* *Sternum* *Labret* *Navel project(x4)* *Hand Web* *Tounge Web* *Smiley* *Tounge* Sung* *Tragus*

Retired
    *Industrial* *Tragus*

Quote Originally Posted by Fairygirl1006 View Post
    I used to rock climb but then i broke my watch while rock climbing and got annoyed with it and when i was younger my mates brother was absailing and fell from the ropes or something and he ended up at the bottom unconcious and with his head cracked open so i got a bit scared of the ropes lol.
    hmmm. I'm really, really not sure how that happened? Were there instructors or something around? If you are tied in properly, then you can't fall off a rope, really. Can understand why it freaked you out. The only other thing that I can think of that could have happened is that the person holding the rope, belaying him, was not doing something properly. That is why the climbing walls are such a great place to start, really. There are instructors around to make sure that people are not making mistakes or anything. Hope the guy recovered ok, and there was no long term damage.

Oh, btw, I'd never wear a watch, or jewellery, or even have my long hair down while climbing, cos I am really concerned that I'd get it caught in a rope, or bashed, or something. Rings on fingers are especially dodgy - get that caught and then fall, and the injury is NOT good.
    Last edited by Evie; 01-01-2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Added something

Climbing.. the beautifulness

Haven't done too much recently, but will be getting back into it soon, moving off to Canada at the end of this month so I'll have to scout out a climbing gym to start out with.

And if the climber is absent minded, anything can happen.. I use a guy I used to climb with as an example.

Silly bugger, finished the route, threaded the rope through the anchors, just about to clip the draws out when my brother who was belaying at the time screamed blue murder at him. The guy conveniently forgot to tie back in. In another incident he actually dropped the rope and someone had to climb up after him to give it back.

Was in Ratho earlier...
    Great day but bloody freezing. I also have got a bit out of practice... need to start doing push-ups again to get some strength in my arms back. Overhangs were killing me.
    My life of piracy was so profitable that I can retire and spend my days eating fruit.
    Wearing a navy blue duffle style straight jacket with big toggle fasteners and made of 100% new wool.
    Carrots are the banana of the vegetable world.

wow, nice picture.. give u credit, i'm way to chicken to try that

wut mountain was that?

Talking Used to...

do lots of climbing, you know how it is mates move on, get married etc. Then you struggle for a climber partner. Done loads in the lakes, scafell, Pillar, Dow Crag. It's all a form of Granite called Rhyolite. Also done a fair whack in Wales to, Llanberis pass, Gogarth & Pembrokeshire. Also Derbyshire & Yorkshire.

Life's Too Short

L/Lobe: 1.6mm, R/Lobe:7mm
    R/Arm : Tribal Band

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast