Thread: Best thing that happened to you today?

Went to my doctor because of my conch punch that I will probably get in 4-6 weeks (depends how soon the jewelry gets in..). My piercer advised to see if my doc would give me a preventive antibiotic since it's going to be punched at 8 mm. I knew my doctor was pretty easygoing with piercings but asking for meds that usually is only given when something is already infected was a bit of a stretch, or so I thought. Turned out my doctor was happy I was there and got that advise. He was more than willing to write me a recipe and said I should start one day before I get it punched and finish it after. And even though piercings really aren't his thing he is very curious to see how it looks ^^
    I don't think I could have gotten a better doctor to be honest.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Re: antibiotics. I'd say that rather than having a good doctor I think you should be looking for a new one.

Antibiotic resistance is a real problem and I think it is highly irresponsible to be giving antibiotics unless they are really needed.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    Antibiotic resistance is a real problem and I think it is highly irresponsible to be giving antibiotics unless they are really needed.
    This.

Antibiotics aren't needed for punches. Preventative antibiotics aren't even used all the time in surgery where there will be a full on incision/wound!
    Last edited by Boo; 04-25-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar

Patrick, I personally think it's good of your doc to do that for you. Best of luck with the conch punch! Let us know how it goes
    ~~Piercings~~
    Currently none.

~~Tattoos~~
    Koi fish half sleeve on left arm and hand.

Just found out I've passed my exams and will be graduating in July.

Stockton-on-Tees / Bristol / Letchworth GC

Was scheduled to be in uni 9-10, 12-1, and 4-5 today ( I HATE whoever does our timetables) and managed to do the 4-5 activity before lunch, so I don't have to go back in and can stay home. It's the little things!
    Curious Newbie

Piercings: 2 x earlobe (done when I was too young to remember)
    2 x nipples (25/04/17)

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

This is actually about yesterday, but I FINALLY got my septum done!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Got a job which was given to me through the benefits. But since this is my second time in two weeks that I'm staying home with a migraine attack they finally decide to send me for some tests to see how much work I can do, if any. Might not seem like such a good thing but after all this time and trouble of getting benefits at all since these migraines are making it hard for me to keep a job or finish school.. It's a small light. Most people I spoke with (including some doctors and people in charge for another type of benefit called "wajong" which is for people under 27 with major health problems through which they cant work.) say that it's probably best if I get discharged So that I don't need to work or maybe half days and just be over this. At least for this time while they're still trying to see if there are any solutions to my migraines.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

I have just accepted my dream job as a stable assistant and riding instructor I am going to have to work my butt off as my income will depend on the amount of lessons I do a month and wont be fixed. So sending in resignation letter on Monday morning. I am excited, scared, stressed and motivated to make this work and to live my dream <3
    Current Piercings:
    Nostril (right)
    double lobes (both)
    Navel

Wanted:
    Targus
    Helix

Retired:
    Helix :(

Tattoos:
    Feather with Birds (left side under collar bone)

Yesterday, I finally handed in my dissertation, which has taken blood sweat and tears to do over the past 18 months. After going back to education at the age of 40, I've spent the last 7 years doing an access course at the local college, 3 years BA and now almost 3 years MA. ��. Now I can sit back and read for pleasure and perhaps visit my family in Australia, whom I haven't seen in 7 years! I'm quite tempted to celebrate with a new piercing and maybe my first tattoo- maybe a symbol that relates to archaeology?
    4 lobes in each ear
    1 right tragus
    1 right helix
    1 left nose
    1 right & 1 left nipples
    1 VCH
    1 right rook
    1 right inner conch
    1 floating navel
    1 left daith

Retired: left tragus, 2 lobes in each ear, left nipple, 2x navel

Want: 1 vertical tongue, 1 Madonna, HCH,