Thread: Best thing that happened to you today?

Cuz I do value the work more than the high... But if I'm not going to get tested again then I want both! Having a job is way more important to me than any illegal activities, so if I need to be sober I will be. And I'm not asking any time soon
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    I officially got a job! Passed the drug test and everything!

so uh... When is it appropriate to ask my boss if I'm going to get tested again? Cuz... I wanna do some stuff...
    Yeah asking when the next drug test is will just trigger a drug test, and you won't get advance notice.
    One of the first things the company should give you to read and sign is their policies about drugs/alcohol/whatever else they have rules about. Read it carefully and keep a copy for future reference. If they have a "zero tolerance" policy with a system of regular, random or with-cause testing, you basically need to stay off the substances. I think the norm is to have regular testing but with provision for testing any time they feel like it. They might only test annually, in which case a little occasional use might not be picked up, by why risk it?

My work tests us every year or two for drugs & alcohol but they can also test us anytime, and some offshore helicopter operators will breathalyse everyone before every flight going out. The only acceptable level is zero. A positive test means you don't go to work - you get disciplined, possibly even fired.
    We're not even allowed out for a beer if the boat's going to be in dock overnight. Well, we're usually allowed out but we could be tested when we come back onboard so drinking is a big no-no now. It used to be pretty normal (no getting drunk though) but there have been a few unpleasant incidents so there's been a big crack-down :(

My personal opinion on it all is that people should be allowed to do whatever on their days off as long as it has no impact on their work performance and safety. This includes alcohol - people who show up to work either still drunk or hungover and half-asleep from the night before should be sent home again and disciplinary action taken.

My best thing so far today is I slept really well and didn't have to get up in the middle of the night for a wee like I usually do made it all the way to 5:36 then dozed off again until 8-ish. I feel good.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

watching F1 outside with my dad :')

neither of us are that interested in it as a sport but it was really nice to sit and take the piss out of everyone with him :')
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Cuz I do value the work more than the high... But if I'm not going to get tested again then I want both! Having a job is way more important to me than any illegal activities, so if I need to be sober I will be. And I'm not asking any time soon
    Like Anne says, you ask you'll no doubt get tested "randomly" afterwards. Maybe ask other workers before asking the boss.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I agree that what I do on my days off shouldn't be any of my company's business... But it is and so I oblige.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

I agree that what I do on my days off shouldn't be any of my company's business... But it is and so I oblige.
    I'm extremely anti-drug testing in situations where it's not warranted or for drugs that stay in the system but have lost effect. I don't take any illegal drugs and I still don't find it fair especially for class c's like cannabis.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Well over here it's schedule 1.... Super duper very bad illegal. Some towns/states are legalizing. I wouldn't be surprised if it's commercially available in the next decade.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Went to see my Grandad today and he gave me the biggest smile I've seen in months when I told him Nick would be my husband in a few weeks. Think there were a few moist eyes!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Went to see my Grandad today and he gave me the biggest smile I've seen in months when I told him Nick would be my husband in a few weeks. Think there were a few moist eyes!
    Aww how wonderful xxx

Fili is eating hay again - It's making me ridiculously happy right now <3
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.