Thread: Best thing that happened to you today?

went for food with mum...

if anyone can get to Hebden Bridge I REALLY recommend here for food it's delicious! It's probably one of my favourite places to eat ever because it's just incredible, and the staff are lovely!
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Found a folder with music I used to love over a decade ago.

So yesterday, but.

A combination of lots of things, really. My boyfriend surprising me at the airport, and also bringing a flask of tea, cucumber sandwiches and scones with jam and cream to welcome me back to England. He also bought me a welcome home present; it's a book by my favourite illustrator (and he co-authors my favourite book series) and it's absolutely gorgeous. I know it's a kids' book, but it's so pretty and so 'me'. I'd forgotten that I'd mentioned I wanted it and he remembered. <3

Also mum making me a Sunday roast. Ah, I've missed British food
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

awwww :') thats so sweet of your boyfriend!
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Ermehgerd they dropped the price of the properties I'm looking at by about $15000 each! Which means I'm so much closer to having the amount I need for a deposit!!
    I can actually afford the deposit for the 40 acre block, but since it has no real access I'm going to aim for the 60 anyway. I don't really need that much land but I'm going to bombard the agent with questions and compare the pros and cons of the two blocks. See what the differences are and whether it's worth waiting to have the money for the 60 acres.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake View Post
    Ermehgerd they dropped the price of the properties I'm looking at by about $15000 each! Which means I'm so much closer to having the amount I need for a deposit!!
    I can actually afford the deposit for the 40 acre block, but since it has no real access I'm going to aim for the 60 anyway. I don't really need that much land but I'm going to bombard the agent with questions and compare the pros and cons of the two blocks. See what the differences are and whether it's worth waiting to have the money for the 60 acres.
    Personally I would want the larger area - land isn't (much) being built anymore What sort of land is it - good farmland, wild, forest etc?

Pasture mostly with granite soil on a downward slope, with a few stands of trees. It's really nice by the look of the photos and on Google. I only want the big piece because the small part is elevated and basically 40acres of the top of a hill, also the 60 has road frontage and I don't want to have a driveway going through 60 acres of someone else's land. Having said that, I don't know if I want their driveway on my land either, the 40acres Is landlocked behind the 60 and only accessible by registered easement :/ I dint know if I get to pick where that easement goes though. Lots of questions for the real estate in the morning.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Tattoos:

It sounds like the ideal would be both the 60 + 40 acre blocks - except for the cost, of course! One thing that might worry me (in the UK, with lots of rain - might not apply in Australia) is where does any water run-off from the hill/40 acres go? Over the 60 acre block, or some other route (to a river?).

Also keep in mind if you'll have to haul hay and water buckets up that hill. But I would personally get the larger property. I like large pastures :-)
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Haha I know, in an idea world I would absolutely buy both, but I only have enough for one. I did consider the runoff from the 40 acre block, and it is a high rainfall area, it looks like it comes down through the middle of the 60 acre property and out into the creek thing on the other side of the road. Which is fine because I'd probably dam it at the top of the hill and pump it into water tanks for irrigation and stock water, council permitting, or just leave it and it can be part of a flooded paddock in winter. There's enough room of high ground for the animals to keep out of the water anyway. I'd rather have lower land that has lots of water than have to store loads of water because all mine is running into the next property
    Also no probs for the hauling hay, I'll buy a quad bike and trailer to do all that, makes it a million times easier.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Tattoos: