Thread: Best thing that happened to you today?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I thought it was a meal replacement diet? Surely that's not sustainable for the rest of your life?

Maybe I'm thinking of something else though, so many programs out there!
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing to be honest! Plus, if you're on a mostly liquid diet with meal replacement drinks, you get the runs so bad.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

It's just a 6 week program. I find it really hard to lose weight but I've Wen the results my friends and loads of other people who have lost loads on it. It's 2 shakes a day and a clean meal. So I'm hoping that if I manage to lose over the 6 weeks then it's going to motivate me to continue trying after I finish. And by then I'll have learned loads of clean meals so I'll be more likely to cook a healthy meal than curly fries, beans and cheese lol. Of course I'm going to the gym too so I'm not his relying on this. I would never have even considered doing this but my friends results are so impressive that it's hard to ignore. I made an amazing clean chicken stew last night. I can't wait to have more for dinner later!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

I got a part-time job! Apprentice instructor at a riding school. Still waiting to hear about hours and pay and what not, but it's so perfect for me I almost don't care
    6/7mm lobes, 2mm second lobe (left), 1.2mm forward helix (right)

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley, 'Invictus'

Thought my car mot rang out at the end of march. Looked today and nope it runs out today!.
    Quick calling round and the garage can do it tomorrow and my dad can take me to and from work as well so i dont have to worry about swapping around shifts or driving without a valid mot. Phew!

I bet its going to cost me a load of money though...

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    It's just a 6 week program. I find it really hard to lose weight but I've Wen the results my friends and loads of other people who have lost loads on it. It's 2 shakes a day and a clean meal. So I'm hoping that if I manage to lose over the 6 weeks then it's going to motivate me to continue trying after I finish. And by then I'll have learned loads of clean meals so I'll be more likely to cook a healthy meal than curly fries, beans and cheese lol. Of course I'm going to the gym too so I'm not his relying on this. I would never have even considered doing this but my friends results are so impressive that it's hard to ignore. I made an amazing clean chicken stew last night. I can't wait to have more for dinner later!
    Ah right! A temp plan. I think things like that are great if you want to ditch weight for a holiday or event but yeah can't be relied upon as a way of life or anything and tbh they have a massive failure rate over a longer period of time but that doesn't mean they don't work for people.

I lost nearly 4 stone on WW then they changed their program to make it a LOT harder for people who don't snack on fruit and go to the gym 5-7 times a week. As a result me and a lot of people in the group I helped to run put weight on. I ended up leaving and tbh now I despise the weight loss industry with a passion. The moment they see something start to work they change it. If things like this worked then people would only ever use them once and be done with it.

I'm with you though, I find it hard to lose weight, but that's because I'm pretty inactive, I love food thats either bad for me or I snack a lot and I comfort eat as well.

The only way I'm ever doing it in future is working out my BMR then eating less calories to create a deficit which any and every single weight loss plan, diet, program is pretty much ever based on. Oh and more exercise, I can't afford a gym and the cheaper ones are out of my reach so it's the xBox for me!

I'm also not having snacks in the house that will break me (if it's not there I can't eat it) getting Hello Fresh 5 meal plan boxes sent to us, they're all pretty good cals and will get me cooking more.

I really hope it helps though, I think the only time I could do meal replacement was if my health depended on it (ie morbidly obese) which is pretty much the only time doctors think it's ok I believe. I like food too much and would likely binge after week 6!

Good luck with it! x
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Good luck Sarah! Let us know how you get on just remember it's probably not a good idea to go to the gym as well as doing that unless you're eating extra, I've read a lot lately about nutritionists who believe you should actually eat your BMR to lose weight and should never eat under it (although plenty others still reckon BMR-500 is where it's at) but I'd reckon either way you'd be way under either of those figures if you were only having one meal a day plus the shakes plus exercising.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Good luck Sarah! Let us know how you get on just remember it's probably not a good idea to go to the gym as well as doing that unless you're eating extra, I've read a lot lately about nutritionists who believe you should actually eat your BMR to lose weight and should never eat under it (although plenty others still reckon BMR-500 is where it's at) but I'd reckon either way you'd be way under either of those figures if you were only having one meal a day plus the shakes plus exercising.
    That's a really good point, I'm always really shocked at people who don't eat their exercise cals back! They're often the ones who don't see much or any weight loss as well.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Yeah, there's so much misinformation out there it's crazy! I remember a friend telling me I shouldn't be eating them back - so I was just meant to eat over 1000cal under what my body needed and what? Hope it wouldn't notice it was being effectively starved? Hope my body was the exception which still lost weight and didn't cling to any and all food I ate?

*is a massive grump*

Tbqh I'm 99% sure that particular friend genuinely thinks I have no clue about diet and exercise because I'm not skinny. Just because I don't put it into practice daily doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about! Like they frequently ignore my advice and tell me the opposite and seem to think because they're a few sizes less than me they must be right and I must be wrong.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Ah yeah, good point about the exercising actually. To be honest, I have bad knees so a trip to the gym for me usually only consists of 10 minutes on the cross trainer and 30 minutes on the treadmill at a quick walk.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    Ah yeah, good point about the exercising actually. To be honest, I have bad knees so a trip to the gym for me usually only consists of 10 minutes on the cross trainer and 30 minutes on the treadmill at a quick walk.
    That's another problem for me too, I'm not really allowed to do load-bearing exercise at the moment either. Cross trainer would be ok as would rowing, cycling, swimming etc

Weights are great for burning calories and toning up, does your gym have a weights room/area?