Thread: Best thing that happened to you today?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    That article is such a sad thing to read, although I have to say it doesn't surprise me at all.
    Same, it's just a matter of time before someone dies at the hands of these sensationalist type shows if they haven't already.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Same, it's just a matter of time before someone dies at the hands of these sensationalist type shows if they haven't already.
    Sadly it wouldn't surprise me, but until something like that happens on screen and someone sneaks some sort of weapon in I doubt ITV will do a thing about it
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Sadly it wouldn't surprise me, but until something like that happens on screen and someone sneaks some sort of weapon in I doubt ITV will do a thing about it
    Course they won't, it makes them too much money and that's more important to them than the wellbeing of people obviously.

This is why I hardly watch any TV and if I do it's fiction and not this pseudo-reality crap.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I watch a lot of crime dramas or other fiction. I occasionally watch 16 and pregnant on MTV whilst I work. Mainly because I'm a broody so and so!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

That article is such a sad thing to read, although I have to say it doesn't surprise me at all.
    Jeremy Kyle is a vile man with a horrific show IMO.

I bet it'll open your eyes to the RL aspects of shows like that though Rosa, esp if you're meeting crew and the like?
    Um idk, I think I'm just going to a recording of it - but I think it's gonna be interesting to see what goes out before the edit see how much it's dramatized
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by Rosasaurr View Post
    Um idk, I think I'm just going to a recording of it - but I think it's gonna be interesting to see what goes out before the edit see how much it's dramatized
    Tbh it's more how they rile them the days leading up to it and just before they go on stage like a lot of these types of shows. It wouldn't be in the slightest bit "entertaining" if everyone politely got on with one another or forgave one another. They're goaded into shouting, told lies about one another etc to wind them up.

It's no wonder the tickets are free, I don't know who would pay to be part of or witness to the results of that. :/

I can unfortunately think of quite a few people who would most likely pay to see it, and think it was a good day out. But then, IMO if you believe any kind of 'reality TV' to hold any truth you're slightly deluded.
    I have genuinely had people look shocked when I tell them i've never watched a 'reality programme', and say ''but you get to see how people act/live'' . . . yep, not like it's scripted or anything.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    I can unfortunately think of quite a few people who would most likely pay to see it, and think it was a good day out. But then, IMO if you believe any kind of 'reality TV' to hold any truth you're slightly deluded.
    I have genuinely had people look shocked when I tell them i've never watched a 'reality programme', and say ''but you get to see how people act/live'' . . . yep, not like it's scripted or anything.
    I was basing it more on who would pay for it knowing full well the sickening things that are said to guests off stage, never mind on it. And the risks people are put under afterwards like the lady in the article who was nearly killed.

If after knowing that then no I don't know anyone who would pay to see it but not everyone is well versed in such things and sees it as a bit of a laugh, the funny chavs who are beneath us etc.

I know virtually all reality shows are staged to some extent but none quite like that one which pits people to be violent to others.

Where I used to work quite a few people used to view JK as an amusing show, I learnt to stay out of it tbh, but it's quite sickening people tend to get into the mentality of viewing the on stage guests as humorous figures, rather than people, with families, lives, who deserve to be listened to, not used as puppets.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    Where I used to work quite a few people used to view JK as an amusing show, I learnt to stay out of it tbh, but it's quite sickening people tend to get into the mentality of viewing the on stage guests as humorous figures, rather than people, with families, lives, who deserve to be listened to, not used as puppets.
    Totally agree with you hun! It's a staple for my next door neighbour, it's very often all I can hear coming from the bathroom (adjacent to their eldests bedroom) 7 days a week in the late mornings!

It baffles me but I'm just not a big fan of being in glee at the misery of others, especially when the "help" they're being offered is nigh on fake and useless.