Thread: The Makeup Thread

Tbh I tend to use decals etc on plain nails so might get the Seche Vite for that work, or get a mini and see how I get on with it, thanks ladies
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by stasha-pistachio View Post
    I like seche vite too. But yeah it doesn't work on all my polishes, but is usually still better than anything else I have.
    And if you knew some of the stuff I ingest fairly regularly, you wouldn't be worried about my nail polish XD

Anyone have any opinion on Rimmel matte topcoat? I bought it ages ago but rarely use it cause it seems to make everything chip/scag really easily. I thought maybe I'm using it wrong or something...
    I love it, i find it hardly chips at all. Its my cba to take off my polish so il just wack this over my current one to make it last another week nail polish.
    But Ido find it easier to use the brush straight from the pot (so dont take any of the excess off the brush) then just blob it on the nail. Means theres a lot on there but its evenly covered. Oh and i found you need to leave the original colour on for a good while before putting on the matte or it takes the colour off and makes it uneven.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

I think I'm probably just clumsy then, lol
    If I put a thin coat on I usually miss a bit. And if I put a blob on it take AGES to dry and I mess it up, or it chips off in chunks. Maybe its a basecoat/polish collision or something... I don't think I have any rimmel polish anymore to try. (Most likely dodgy application on my part!)
    Its done a great job on my xbox controller buttons though

Might have another go later, try and get the hang of it. I did give up pretty quickly. I culled my nails recently, every colour looks a bit weird whatever I do
    Complete with a green straightjacket with circuit boards stuck all over!

Current: 1" lobes, 4g conches, septum, 6g helix, daithy- helix, helix industrial, bridge, 8g both nostrils, one lonely nipple and both cheeks, vert labret an a sternum micro. Forearm branding, calf cutting and a split tongue.
    Retired: Nape, neck and chest micros, nipple, 4g tongue, eyebrow, snakebites. Several lobes, labrets and nostrils. Rook ):
    Next up: moar leg!

And no tattoos D:

tumblr

Photos of my pressed mac pigments....

All are mac bar the bottom right corner one which is stargazer black.

Also great websites to look at for makeup are....

http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk

and

http://www.cosmetic-kingdom.co.uk

Zara xx
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    2 x 16mm Lobes, 2 2.4mm Lobes, Various 1.2mm lobe and helix piercings, 2 Vertical Helix, 1 Tragus, 1 6mm Conch, 1 Outer conch, 1 Antitragus, 1 Medusa, Right and Left Nipple, Left and Right Nostril, 3.2mm Tongue.
    2 Septum piercings and Both Cheeks
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr

Mac cosmetics are my favorite, but a great tip I've always told people for blending. Windshield wipers. And little circles. Makes magic.

Apparently they've brought out a Clarisonic MIA 2 in the states, which is a bit annoying because God knows when we'll get them, I don't know whether it'll be worth the wait or not... :/
    Mushed
    has; Lobes,Seconds,Septum
    wants; Rook, Cartilage,MD's,Ink
    retired;Scaffold,Navel. maybe; Nape,Tongue. Next; Rook

Photos of my pressed mac pigments....
    Might be a stupid question, but do they provide much fall out (I know they're pressed but still :P)?
    Mushed

Quote Originally Posted by Mushed View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but do they provide much fall out (I know they're pressed but still :P)?
    No not much, basically like most pressed powders they do have a bit of fall out but its better than the pigments... xx
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    2 x 16mm Lobes, 2 2.4mm Lobes, Various 1.2mm lobe and helix piercings, 2 Vertical Helix, 1 Tragus, 1 6mm Conch, 1 Outer conch, 1 Antitragus, 1 Medusa, Right and Left Nipple, Left and Right Nostril, 3.2mm Tongue.
    2 Septum piercings and Both Cheeks
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

got myself lots of lovely new makeup
    an MUA eye primer
    GOSH lipstain in 003 berry
    MUA velvet touch foundation
    MUA pressed powder shadows in green, purple and bronze all vaguely pearlescent
    maybelline gel eyeliner
    MUA nail polish in dark blue and shattered ice (the shattered ice is a crackle polish, looks really good over the dark blue imo although I need to redo my nails as the ends have all chipped and the varnish didn't crackle as much as I expected it to although that may have been because I applied it a bit to thickly)
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

No not much, basically like most pressed powders they do have a bit of fall out but its better than the pigments... xx

Yes pigments can be a nightmare I very rarely use them because I can't seem to do it without making a mess!!!

Mushed