Thread: The Makeup Thread

I do it before so it all meets up smoothly

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

I do it before too, cause I'm rubbish and inevitably end up with a gap between my real lashline. I use gel liner, so it doesn't flake off or go sweaty and fall off XD
    Complete with a green straightjacket with circuit boards stuck all over!

Current: 1" lobes, 4g conches, septum, 6g helix, daithy- helix, helix industrial, bridge, 8g both nostrils, one lonely nipple and both cheeks, vert labret an a sternum micro. Forearm branding, calf cutting and a split tongue.
    Retired: Nape, neck and chest micros, nipple, 4g tongue, eyebrow, snakebites. Several lobes, labrets and nostrils. Rook ):
    Next up: moar leg!

And no tattoos D:

tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by myhappymassacre View Post
    Nice, but very heavy coverage. I sometimes use their Rich Liquid Foundation and find the coverage is lower, and it really needs setting with some powder. Also, if you have any dry patches, their stuff (including the cream foundation as well) highlights flakiness a lot, I find. Depends what your requirements are- if you're looking for a liquid, MAC Studio Fix Fluid is always a good stalwart.

Also want to recommend Kryolan's Dermablend as an everyday concealer. I bought their 'refill' size for 4, and you use so little of it. When I think of how much MAC and Benefit charge for their concealers, this one's a no-brainer
    Oh okay, thanks! I have thought about MAC, but I keep reading a lot of reviews saying that it feels really heavy on your skin?

My skin is generally alright as far as dryness is concerned, but occasionally I get dry patches around my nose sometimes. I want something with medium coverage (I think?!) as I've been getting annoying little spots more often these days that come and go quickly but leave a little red mark behind I don't know if I want a liquid or not, I'd be happy with whatever as long as it doesn't make my face look/feel really oily! Oh, and I've never used concealed before, so I might check that one out

I've been reading a lot of good things about Korean BB creams, so I ordered some to try ^_^ Hopefully it'll be at home waiting for me when I go back for Christmas.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

I was just wondering if you guys could tell me what eye shape I have and how to apply eyeliner/eyeshadow to define my eyes because it always looks weird when I do it (I normally only line half my bottom lid and wear lots of mascara up top and bottom because I LOVE big eyelashes ) If you guys could suggest daytime colours that would be great too because when white people wear black during the day it's a nice contrast that looks really nice but it doesn't have the same impact on me :(
    Current piercings
    Double lobes
    Right nostril
    Left helix
    Navel

Piercing wishlist
    Tongue
    Loooooooads more in my ears

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

you'd probably suit a cats eye flick (there's several videos on youtube that can give you hints and tips as to how to get a good cats eye) as to colour I'd go for something that's going to really stand out like an emerald green, turquoise, blue, gold or even silver and use matte shades for day then switch to a shimmery/metallic shade for night time and I'd line the tops of the eyes rather than the bottoms if that makes sense?
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

I get what you mean and thanks! I do like how blue looks on me I'll admit that and I used to do flicks but get annoyed with using liquid liner in the morning :L
    Current piercings
    Double lobes
    Right nostril
    Left helix
    Navel

Piercing wishlist
    Tongue

Yeah, I bet shimmery would be EPIC on you! Especially anything vaguely peacock coloured. Probably a more night-time thing though.
    If you line the bottoms, I think you should do the tops too. Makes for nice big looking lashes at any rate. I second cat-eye flicks, I think gel liners make for really neat lines
    There are metallic eyeliners that might look good on the top lid? They look rubbish on me :(

Current: 1" lobes, 4g conches, septum, 6g helix, daithy- helix, helix industrial, bridge, 8g both nostrils, one lonely nipple and both cheeks, vert labret an a sternum micro. Forearm branding, calf cutting and a split tongue.
    Retired: Nape, neck and chest micros, nipple, 4g tongue, eyebrow, snakebites. Several lobes, labrets and nostrils. Rook ):

And no tattoos D:

tumblr

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

@ v1k2a3t4 ah see I never have that problem cause I tend to use gel eyeliner or a pencil
    but you're welcome

my all time favourite metallic eyeliner is one by tigi it's an emerald green sort of colour and looks amazing on pale skin (cant remember its proper name though) but it's lovely and creamy and goes on really smoothly plus its easy to smudge if you want a less defined look
    Last edited by misstress_malice_mizer; 12-13-2011 at 10:15 PM.
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

I've got a few metallic eyeliners, but I just have a problem with them on me I think, like I forgot how to use eyeshadow or something, haha. And I feel safe with my brown/black backing up my lashes (no false lashes for me, otherwise I'd probably feel better). I'm not convinced the colours work either though (gold, emeraldish, turquoise and a plum), maybe if I was ever so vaguely olive skinned.... I do occasionally use them on top of other eyeshadow though, they're good for that, though I usually end up using black too.

I like them on other people! :(

And no tattoos D:

tumblr

I did cat eye flicks today I really loved the look and now I just need to experiment with colours, thanks guys!
    Current piercings
    Double lobes
    Right nostril
    Left helix
    Navel

Piercing wishlist
    Tongue