Thread: The Makeup Thread

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockprincess View Post
    i really don't get how people can't get past the whole powder aspect of mineral makeup, it really is sooooo much better than regular foundation.
    it fails in the mess sense. But it is good for my skin when i do wear it it covers my spots and doesnt give me anymore .

iquid ones just go all flaky and give me more spots

I've never found mineral make up too messy, I really need to order some more but I'm not sure I have the money
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

The amount of comments I got on my eyes today was quite impressive and it wasn't because of the cut I've got across it either which is a bonus

Shame I can't get a pic. but Ill try to explain...

Had a bright pink eyeshadow on the inner corners, dark yet vibrant blue on the outer corners with gold glitter liquid eyeliner on the inner corner to the middle on the the top lid with turquoise glitter liner on the outer of both the top and bottom lid with some black liner and mascara.

I loves it when people comment on it cos I only spend about 5-10mins on make-up. I really cba to gt up at 5am to apply, remove, re-apply, primp and preen.
    ,.-~*'"'` Rach `'"'*~-.,

Piercings

Current:

2 pinnas (Left Ear) * 4 lobes (Two Each Ear) * Navel * Tongue * Tragus * Duel Nostril (Right Side) * Spiderbites (Right side) (Retired but I want them back!)

Tattoos

Current:

Memorial Tattoo Of A "B" With Wings

Funniest forum member 2010

Joint winners: Chumley and DavyBobMacca

The most sarcastic forum member 2010

Winner: DavyBobMacca

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockprincess View Post
    it's so annoying, and it's not just dryness i also have really bad spots on my chin and neck, my skin is actually a nightmare. i think i need to go to the doctor :/
    have you tried the skin consultant thing at clinique, they have trained dermatoligists at the counters who will analyse your skin type and then sugest what type of make up would be beneficial for your skin, and they do little trial pots so u can try it before you commit to actually buying something, i love their dramatically different face cream... the only downside is their a little pricey but worth it in the long run as the bottles last for ages and a little goes along way. I'm asssuming that youve already discovered the benefits of mineral make up?
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by misstress_malice_mizer View Post
    have you tried the skin consultant thing at clinique, they have trained dermatoligists at the counters who will analyse your skin type and then sugest what type of make up would be beneficial for your skin, and they do little trial pots so u can try it before you commit to actually buying something, i love their dramatically different face cream... the only downside is their a little pricey but worth it in the long run as the bottles last for ages and a little goes along way. I'm asssuming that youve already discovered the benefits of mineral make up?
    Their dramatically different face cream is amazing!I had a consultation last year and haven't used other products since!My skin is so much better for it!The toner is brilliant it's shocking sometimes even after you've cleaned your make up off,washed your face and then tone it how much make up still comes off.I've got horrible pores so I use the warming pore treatment in the shower once or twice a week too.It's more expensive than normal brands but I get the big set and wait for a event at debenhams where there is 10% off as well,and then if you use the beauty reward card the points soon add up!It does cost more in the offset but it last ages!You really only need the smallest amounts of things.My first set lasted me feb-dec and my mum sometimes uses it as well.
    I would reccomend going for a consult and getting the trial items.If they work for you have a look on ebay you can pick things up a bit cheaper there too.
    Bonjour I'm Kym(oomoo)

Piercings

|Lobes 14mm||Left Conch||Snakebites|Monroe||Left Eyebrow Diver|
    |Philturm
    ||Septum 1.6mm||4mm right lobe|

Ink

|14 all together||Lower right arm becoming half sleeve|

The dramatically different face cream made my skin dryer/drier?(however thats spelt) but then the custom fit clarifying lotion was awesome for me. i loves it..
    Also when i brought them (i only brought one item at first) i got the other 2 steps (trial size) free

EDIT: Oh and btw theres some clinique stuff on the website i posted earlier
    Last edited by Lyssssa :); 03-29-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

I never bother with foundation, the most I do is eyeliner, eye shadow and mascara. Any tips how to do some nice eyeliner would be good though, i'm not very good with make-up :/

I couldn't believe it yesterday... I managed to get over 300 worth of urban decy and too faced cosmetics, all brand new and boxed for around 50! The boots near where i work has stopped selling these two brands to make way for a new all singing all dancing Benefit counter, so they are selling off all the stock super cheap... needless to say i was a tad late back from my lunch break after spending far too long rummaging!

I grabbed a few urban decay primer potions... anyone know whether these are any good or not? never really bothered using primers before as most jsut aren't great. But at a super cheap price (3 each) i thought i'd grab a few to give it a go!
    Hey there, im Zoe!

I CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH INK ON OR HOLES IN MY BODY FOR MY LIKING...

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    I couldn't believe it yesterday... I managed to get over 300 worth of urban decy and too faced cosmetics, all brand new and boxed for around 50! The boots near where i work has stopped selling these two brands to make way for a new all singing all dancing Benefit counter, so they are selling off all the stock super cheap... needless to say i was a tad late back from my lunch break after spending far too long rummaging!

I grabbed a few urban decay primer potions... anyone know whether these are any good or not? never really bothered using primers before as most jsut aren't great. But at a super cheap price (3 each) i thought i'd grab a few to give it a go!
    I wish I lived near you!
    I love Urban Decay, but very rarely buy it because it's so expensive for what it is.
    aliss. 19. Halifax.
    my flickr
    facebook - alice fiona wood
    twitter - alissfiona
    alissfiona.tumblr.com
    formspring.me/alissfiona

Piercings (current)
    1x lobe 10mm(currently stretching)
    1x lip right side
    Piercings (retired)
    1x clavicle surface left side
    1x nose right side

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post

jealous, i love urban decay and too faced!

Quote Originally Posted by misstress_malice_mizer View Post
    nah, i can't use clinique, it dries my skin out looooads, when i said i'd tried everything i wasn't joking haha... :/
    but thanks for the recommendation anyway!

I'm Kirsten

Piercings:
    lobes: 14mm
    lobes: 1.6mm
    left helix
    left rook
    right conch
    right lower lip

Myspazz
    Last.fm