Thread: The Makeup Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    http://www.feelunique.com/

Pretty good if you use expensive products
    ooh, thanks lyssa, i use pretty expensive hair products so it's always good to find them cheaper!

oh and this is not really makeup related but there isn't really a thread for skin stuff, but does anyone else have really sensitive skin and know good products for it, i have used so many different things and everything dries my skin out so much.
    Last edited by punkrockprincess; 03-24-2010 at 09:39 PM.

I'm Kirsten

Piercings:
    lobes: 14mm
    lobes: 1.6mm
    left helix
    left rook
    right conch
    right lower lip

Myspazz
    Last.fm

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

i dont have hugely sensitive skin but i can get a little irritated if i use any thing with perfumes or colours in it
    so i tend to stick to the simple range of products which has no added perfume colours and is hypoallergenic as well as supporting the buav fund and various other non testing on animals orginisations
    http://www.boots.com/en/Simple//
    there be linkage to all their products
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

Their face wipes and soap are so awesome! Heh, I know its hard for soap to be awesome but its all nice and foamy and makes my skin so soft!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    http://www.feelunique.com/

Pretty good if you use expensive products
    Oh Goood... I had a little look, but I'm going to have to control myself until after payday! ><
    Hello, my name is Lucy ^^

He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intra_venus View Post
    Their face wipes and soap are so awesome! Heh, I know its hard for soap to be awesome but its all nice and foamy and makes my skin so soft!
    i know its awsome i havent tried their shampoo yet but apparently its good as well...
    and i love the radiance boosting wipes that they have with mango and stuffs added to them
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

strangely simple stuff actually irritates my skin .meh,i have ridiculous sensitive/dry skin but when i asked my gp about it she said the mildest skin product is aloe vera-body shop stuff's really good,but tis quite expensive :(.guess it's worth it when it's on your skin though-that's what i figure :p
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    strangely simple stuff actually irritates my skin .meh,i have ridiculous sensitive/dry skin but when i asked my gp about it she said the mildest skin product is aloe vera-body shop stuff's really good,but tis quite expensive :(.guess it's worth it when it's on your skin though-that's what i figure :p
    Me too. I tried using simple shampoo after herbal essences shampoo irritated my scalp, but simple made my hair fall out! but I like their facewipes they're okay.
    Has:
    6 x Lobes - 2 x 10mm, 4 x 1.2mm
    1 x Scaphold
    1 x Rook

1 x Tragus

1 x Conch
    Both nipples
    Nape
    Labret
    Tongue ~ Regular & Vertical scoop

Wants: Nostril & Hips

Quote Originally Posted by misstress_malice_mizer View Post
    i dont have hugely sensitive skin but i can get a little irritated if i use any thing with perfumes or colours in it
    so i tend to stick to the simple range of products which has no added perfume colours and is hypoallergenic as well as supporting the buav fund and various other non testing on animals orginisations
    http://www.boots.com/en/Simple//
    there be linkage to all their products
    yeah, i can't use simple or any branded stiff that is supposed to be for 'sensitive skin', it all dries my skin out really badly and makes it red and sore, when i say sensitive i mean really really sensitive haha, i've tired avene, which you can get from boots and even their stuff still dries my skin out and that is designed for extremely sensitive skin, i dunno what to do :/

I'm Kirsten

Piercings:
    left helix
    left rook
    right conch
    right lower lip

Myspazz
    Last.fm

I'm the same. EVERYTHING makes my skin ricockulously dry. I HATE getting out of the shower. I have to either apply moisturiser every few minutes or put up with uncomfortably dry skin.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    I'm the same. EVERYTHING makes my skin ricockulously dry. I HATE getting out of the shower. I have to either apply moisturiser every few minutes or put up with uncomfortably dry skin.
    it's so annoying, and it's not just dryness i also have really bad spots on my chin and neck, my skin is actually a nightmare. i think i need to go to the doctor :/

I'm Kirsten

Piercings:
    left helix
    left rook
    right conch
    right lower lip

Myspazz
    Last.fm