Thread: The Makeup Thread

The NYX eyebrow kit is pretty good, and is more pigmented/lasts longer than the ELF version - http://www.nyxcosmetics.co.uk/eyes/e...?product_id=85

For waterproof mascara, I looove the Max Factor false lash effect one And the Maybelline one in the yellow tube. Both are awesome.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

Quote Originally Posted by jesterxlady View Post
    Take care with hair removal cream. I managed to give my armpits (admittedly mild) chemical burns from that stuff before. Never used it since! But I have a friend who uses Veet; the stuff for sensitive skin says it's not for use on genitals, but I know they use ot their, so...? Sorry I can't be of more help!
    Oh really? Damn! I dunno what to use then :( I can't bear leaving it but disposables for down there scare me and waxing hurts and doesn't last on me. Boo.

I always forget about Avon! Might have a look on there and see what they have. Although that NYX one looks pretty good!

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Lyssa I use the Avon brow palette and I love it! Although I'm not keen on the brush that's with it though so I use an eyeliner brush with it I also use the Smashbox waterproof mascara and I adore it, it's literally the only mascara I've ever used that doesn't run and it only flakes if I forget to take it off before bed. I've gone running and swimming in it too and its lasted through both.

As for hair removal cream I've used it for the "mound" area but it wouldn't use it further ahem round iykwim? Maybe just trim there in the shower or get a small trimmer to take?
    (would an epilator work?! or is it the noise you're worried about more than carrying/charging something like that?)
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    Oh really? Damn! I dunno what to use then :( I can't bear leaving it but disposables for down there scare me and waxing hurts and doesn't last on me. Boo.

I always forget about Avon! Might have a look on there and see what they have. Although that NYX one looks pretty good!
    To be fair, I was fourteen. As Kaity said, I think if you're just doing the bikini line, you'll be fine but anything, uhm, more intimate and you might have issues. Maybe get some and try before you leave so you can see if it worked for you?
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

^ turns out they arent that good anyway! Found a Nair one in boots for half price and it did half a job in the maximum amount of time.

Testing out my new cheaper make up today. I ended up getting this and the nude version of this as well as a cheap eyepencil and the waterproof version of the mascara i use atm. Can definitely feel the difference! My naked palette just requires one sweep of shadow whereas this requires about 3 layers just to show even a little bit of colour and theres no depth to it. The eyebrow palette isnt bad though. Needs a better brush but they look ok and it hasnt transferred off at all.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Can anyone recommend a good oil based make up remover? I wear matte lip gloss a lot and it needs to be removed with oil based remover. I'm using a Clinique one at the moment but it's like 6.99 for a 50ml bottle. I need something cheaper.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

I used to use Vaseline to remove max stay lippy, not sure if it would work the same though.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good oil based make up remover? I wear matte lip gloss a lot and it needs to be removed with oil based remover. I'm using a Clinique one at the moment but it's like 6.99 for a 50ml bottle. I need something cheaper.
    Ultrabland from lush is hands down the best make up remover I've used, it's the only thing that 100% removes my waterproof eyeliner in one go and doesn't irritate my eyes in the process. If you use it in the shower you need hot water and a facecloth to remove it (it has a beeswax base and won't wash off with cool water) or as a make up remover used out of the shower/bath toner water sprayed onto cotton pads are amazing at getting it off (I use Eau Roma)

Katie are you working tomorrow?
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

No hun I'm not in til next week now, I'm in Mon, Fri, Sat unless I get/take overtime <3 If you're free Tues-Thurs though we could meet up for coffee or something if you're up for it?