Thread: The Makeup Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Not sure if this is the best thread for this but does anyone have any good facial moisturiser recommendations? I find a lot are either too runny for my liking (like E45, I like it for my body but not keen on using it on my face) or too thick (like body butters). Looking for something in the middle consistency wise and that's also quite fast absorbing

(also, if anyone's interested my eyebrows turned out well and the Nads wand is like the bestest thing ever)
    It will essentially depend on your skin type, I personally find Boots No7 Protect and Perfect range awesome, I use the serum, day cream and eye cream, don't bother with the night as they're always too heavy for my skin. Make sure you have a chat with the counter lady to get the right age range for you. I tend to get the age 25-35 day cream but get the 35-45 eye cream and sometimes switch the serums but feel the 25-35 serum is actually better for me. I've run out of day cream atm and got a cheaper loreal day cream and my skin isn't happy tbh.

That wand looks awesome - *buys one*!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Not sure if this is the best thread for this but does anyone have any good facial moisturiser recommendations? I find a lot are either too runny for my liking (like E45, I like it for my body but not keen on using it on my face) or too thick (like body butters). Looking for something in the middle consistency wise and that's also quite fast absorbing
    I'm really fussy with my moisturiser,.. cba waiting for stuff to absorb. I hate heavy thick gunky stuff and anything thats' runny/slimy & oily.
    I can not recommend "Garnier Skin Naturals - Fresh Essentials 24 hydrating cream" enough. It's under a fiver, lasts for ages and doesn't leave my skin all sticky and icky afterwards
    Smells pretty nice too imo

ETA : If you do decide to try it make sure (probably pretty obvious lol) but you check the box. They do another one that's a similar colour, and more expensive and it's really heavy and gloopy.
    Brought it a couple of times by accident when in a rush and not paying attention -.-
    Last edited by ~Nox~; 04-19-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

agree with the garnier moisturiser being really nice another nice one to try is this one it's a gel rather than a cream so it feels really nice and light but still does the same job as a heavier cream would do with out making your skin feel all heavy and icky, it absorbs really quickly and it smells lovely with out being overpowering if that makes sense, it has a nice clean fresh smell too it... its part of the new moisture match range from garnier and they have different moisturisers available for different skin types such as very dry, dry, dehydrated, normal, oily, combination oily/normal, combination oily/dry and combination dry/normal skin... boots has a little quiz thing you can take which will match you with the right one for your skin and then you can get a free sample of the one they match you with... honestly cannot recommend garnier products enough
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    It will essentially depend on your skin type, I personally find Boots No7 Protect and Perfect range awesome, I use the serum, day cream and eye cream, don't bother with the night as they're always too heavy for my skin. Make sure you have a chat with the counter lady to get the right age range for you. I tend to get the age 25-35 day cream but get the 35-45 eye cream and sometimes switch the serums but feel the 25-35 serum is actually better for me. I've run out of day cream atm and got a cheaper loreal day cream and my skin isn't happy tbh.
    Got to agree here, I like the Protect & Perfect range as well; it's expensive (21?) but you don't need to slather it on so a little goes a long way. I was a little dubious because of all the hype around it but well deserved tbh. Otherwise I like the No7 Essential Moisture Day Cream (9?) for a cheaper option. I've also tried the No7 Beautiful Skin (12 - you might see a No7 pattern emerging here :P) for dry skin - deffo deals with my dry bits but find that a bit thicker in consistency so my skin is a bit more... "sticky" after I've used it.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Thanks everyone, gonna make a pilgrimage to boots later for some cough medicine so I'll see if I can get something then
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Thanks everyone, gonna make a pilgrimage to boots later for some cough medicine so I'll see if I can get something then
    They're very often on 3 for 2 so usually works out at a decent price imo. I have really found cheaper stuff (loreal, ganier, nivea etc) just doesn't agree with my skin any more, it either makes it spotty or just irritates it. Used to be fine but our skin goes through cycles every 7 years or so and think that's happened to me recently!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I got a no7 Beautiful Skin day cream, liking it so far plus I got 5 off

I got a no7 Beautiful Skin day cream, liking it so far plus I got 5 off
    Yay!!

I popped a little bit on my forehead (the driest area I've been having) a couple of hours ago and it already feels loads better!

Hayley Williams from Paramore has collaborated with Mac. Wish orange suited me
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue