Thread: what book(s) have you been reading?

I'm reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and I'm enjoying it so much. I don't know why I didn't start reading it sooner!
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Secrets by Lesley Pearce. I love her books so much!

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

I got started on Game of Thrones, then lost my copy of the book :(

I have read and re-read the Song of Achilles several times whilst looking for GoT though, stunningly written and emotional book.

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

I seem to be caught up in dystopian-type books at the moment. Just finished a book called branded which was quite good. They brand people around their neck with a tattoo in a specific colour which is colour coded to the 7 deadly sins. Some bits of it were sloppy but had quite a good flow
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

I just started Mystic River by Dennis LeHane tonight. So far it's pretty good! :-)

I'm reading Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson. It's amazing.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Just read shutter island by Dennis Lehane again
    4 x standard lobes, 1 x nostril, 1 x left helix, 2 x right helix 1 x navel, 1 x nipple
    Considering getting my lip pierced in the very near future
    4 tatts

I started reading The Hobbit (again!) yesterday while keeping my cage-confined cat company (she's supposed to be taking it easy after surgery but boy is she restless). Read a little more of it this morning and I'm already at the bit where the dwarves and Bilbo have come out through the Mountain and are wondering where Smaug is.

It still baffles me how they made THREE movies out of this one book. I know a lot happens in it and you'd probably have to chop out the whole bit with Beorn and seriously condense the trip through the woods and imprisonment by the King of the Elves to squeeze it into one movie, but it could all have easily fitted into two.
    Money-making Hollywood bollocks :P

(edit) I finished it this afternoon HOW did they make an entire movie of the battle of five armies? It's really NOT a huge thing in the book. Really, really not.
    Last edited by kitebunny; 04-24-2015 at 09:08 PM.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I don't know if you can still get it, but the BBC did a recording of the Hobbit (and much later one of The Lord of the Rings). Apart from a rather weird choice of 60s music, it is quite good (hardly surprising given the actors used).

I've started reading a reprint of an early 20th century work on Woodworking "the Practical Woodworker". It is fascinating to see the must-make items for a 1910s individual

Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    I don't know if you can still get it, but the BBC did a recording of the Hobbit (and much later one of The Lord of the Rings). Apart from a rather weird choice of 60s music, it is quite good (hardly surprising given the actors used).

I've started reading a reprint of an early 20th century work on Woodworking "the Practical Woodworker". It is fascinating to see the must-make items for a 1910s individual
    I've got that!!!! I love it, I think it's great. Bilbo breaking the fourth wall interrupting the narrator was always a nice touch for me.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.