Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gym Addicts?

Senior Member Flowers.In.Her.Hair's Avatar

I'd join a gym if it where free LOL

I can do all the exercise i need without going to the gym, waste of money IMO.
    Pierced & Tattooed....And loving it!

Proud owner of a Debbie original white jacket with big black spots and on those spots, piccies of all of the moderators of BJS

i used to go to the gym a lot but then i got shouted at by my doc for losing too much weight :( he's a meanie

Quote Originally Posted by Rawwrrr View Post
    Does some people go on ther own? cause id prob go on my own but feel uncomfy
    i normally go on my own. i find that way you can concentrate on purely what you want/need to do and have no distractions.
    however when doing weights for example its handy to have a training partner to spot you or encourage you to lift more/heavier/complete reps.

i also listen to my ipod when i go so no one bothers me. a bit unsociable maybe however i don't believe the gym to be sociable.
    retired piercings - 2 x left lobes, left upper ear cartilage and right eyebrow

current piercings - 3mm left lobe, 1.6mm tongue

ink - heaven and hell sleeve

I go on my own normally. But Ross from 273 goes as well, so sometimes we go together for that bit of banter about computer games.
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.

Lifting big, getting bigger.

No use for an imaginary friend.

Yep got one at work so spend a lot of time in there just to get out of the way of people.
    Current:
    Nipple,Eyebrow,Earl,Labret,Nape

Tatoos:
    Arms,Back,Neck

i get free gym membership with work.
    which is good, cuz otherwise i wouldn't pay the money.
    Lobes : Both 8mm.

"I stood by too many goddamn times, turned a blind eye, let it pass. But never again, never again. An example will be set and you will pay your debt to me in blood."

< Been playing hockey my whole life, and I workout 4-6 days a week for strength training and 'bodybuilding'.... I'd probably have killed someone by now if I didn't have any way to let it all out!!

I'm not addicted to the gym but... every morning I do press-ups and/or weights

I need heavier weights though...

ADVICE needed time...

The heaviest weight my mother has is a 10lbs dumbell... I can do 1000000000s of reps... I've been told doing that many is basically just endurance training and won't build muscle

Now I don't wanna have arms bigger than my legs but I want them more defined, and slightly bigger...

What weight should I aim to get to - to get my 10-13 rep ouchie then 5 more?

I lift them in different ways, dunno the names, but I know I'm doing more than my biceps

OR should I just stick my with press-ups (do as many as I can as slow as I can) and 10lbs'er (do as many as I can as slow as I can)

you need a proper routine and learn what to train if you wanna see any real benefits, you should be doing 5-6 reps max for most muscle mass building exercises so that gives you an indication of how much higher you need the weights to be. Lighter weights are good for muscle endurance but only if you use them properly, 1000 curls with light weights will be pointless compared to 10 minutes of proper usage of them on your arms, (this is were making a good routine comes in). Ditch the massive amounts of stuff you are doing with the light weights and in replacement of some good muscle endurance exercises. For some good overall conditioning you should do something like burpees http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/burpeeclip.htm
    do 4 - 2 minutes rounds of them with a 1 minute rest after every round, do this as the start of your workout as best. If your goal is to only look cosmetically better as in have bigger muscles you need to concentrate on weights and do a proper routiine along with good nutrition, if you wanna be physically stronger and have functional strength then you need to incorporate conditioning and strength training into you workouts, again this should be done using a good routine go here www.rosstraining.com, if all else fails do some more rounds of burpees they sort the men from the boys and train the full body.
    Last edited by ache_emelie; 12-03-2007 at 10:39 AM.
    Piercings:
    34mm stretched lobes
    Horizontal nipple bar

Tattoos:
    Full sleeve on left arm

My gallery: http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=43719

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/down_on_the_street

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345