Thread: The Useless Tattooing Posts:

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toofwess View Post
    One week until i get my first tattoo! I'm getting a fox in a teacup with little cakes around the bottom. Should be super cute
    That's awesome, Toofwess!! Please post a picture when it's done

(Now that I've decided on the font, I really should get a move on my second one, since it'll probably be an one-month wait until I actually get it done, like last time)
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Aw thanks. I will. Less than a week now!

What're you having done? Yeah, waiting sucks haha
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toofwess View Post
    Aw thanks. I will. Less than a week now!

What're you having done? Yeah, waiting sucks haha
    I'll be getting the quote "Lest we forget" on... er... I don't really know how to call that placement: Linky Approximately where the second line is in that picture, but in bigger letters. Hip/ hipbone?
    Last edited by MidnightDreamer22; 09-24-2015 at 05:27 PM.
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Yeah I'd say hip haha. That sounds like it will be nice.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Tatttooage next weekend!!!!!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Tattoo didn't turn out like I planned... Pretty pissed off tbh. Before I get to the problem I want to say that the actual fox design was drawn by someone very close to me who is not an artist so yes, he isn't perfect. He's not an intricate work of art. But he's very meaningful, so I love that he's a bit wonky. HOWEVER, the tattoo artist bunged up his eyes and feet. Those eyes were exactly the same on the stencil that the tattooist put on me (both eyes looked like the right one). While he was tattooing away he smeared black ink everywhere, so he couldn't see a whole lot and he ended up extending the top and bottom line on the left eye and then over colouring the pupil. Ugh. And I don't even know wtf happened to that wonky foot. I wish I noticed these things at the time but I couldn't see much of what was going on with the amount of ink smeared everywhere.

As for colouring - the tattooist said he can't shade/highlight it at all because it's "not 3D" (??) and that the bits that would normally be white would have to be left blank because you can't do solid blocks of white. He had to go over a lot of lines 3 or 4 times so there's a lot of uneven outline going on. I think some of the black ink he smeared everywhere got into that right ear when he was colouring it - because it is way darker than the rest of the fox (maybe I'm just paranoid - but there were literal drops of black ink on my skin that he didn't wipe off, he just coloured the orange right through them). He also forgot to colour the eyes in and just seemed really disinterested the entire time :( He only told me he wasn't going to shade it or do anything to the white bits after the outline was done - so that pissed me right off.

Anyway here's a pic. It was done by Robin at Phresh Ink, Gold Coast Australia. I obviously wouldn't recommend him.. he was not nice - he acted like doing my little fox was beneath him. He was unhappy that I wanted something that he hadn't drawn, but too bad - when you deal with clients you're not always going to get to do exactly what you want. This little fox means a lot to me and I said I didn't want it changed when I made the booking - No one forced him to do it. If he didn't want to do it he should've said so, so I could've gotten someone better to do it.

The shop does free touch ups - but I really doubt there's anything they can do to fix that eye other than bung up the good one so that they're even. *sigh*

/endrant.
    Last edited by Toofwess; 10-03-2015 at 02:30 PM.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

I'm really sorry to hear that you're not 100% happy with your tattoo. It's a horrible feeling. The artist sounds like a w@nker. I hope you can find some way to make it something you love.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

If it makes you feel any better it still looks adorable =)

I wasn't at all happy with my medallion in the first month of having it done. My ankle swelled up so much it made the design looked quite crooked - even measuring between each rivet with calipers there was a marked difference between each one... But after it all settled down, everything I'd been concerned about just stopped existing. It settled perfectly. Give it some time and some of it might improve. I do hope you find a good artist to help fix what has gone wrong though.

For anyone who has any words tattooed on them, if you're comfortable sharing so, how do you decide what words you want? I keep coming back to a specific phrase. It's not so much that the phrase is so meaningful to me that I'm compelled to have it tattooed on me, more the reverse - I feel compelled to have some writing, and I keep gravitating to these words. I need to think on it for a LONG time though.
    Current:
    - Ear lobes x2 (right) and x1 (left)
    - Tunnel (left lobe) 10mm
    - Navel
    - Helix (right)
    - A half-rejected industrial (left)
    - Tragus (left)
    - Nostril (right)
    - Conch (right)
    - Nipple (left)

Pending:
    - Rooks (both), in the distant future

Retired:
    - Septum
    - Lip (left)
    - Nipple (right)

I have several words tattooed on me. I have "live" on my right arm and "laugh" on my left. I got these because I wanted a quote from a poem my grandad had written but I couldn't decide which bit, plus I didn't want it to be really obvious that it was from a poem! So live and laugh are sort of the gist of the line, shortened.

I also have "the world forgetting, by the world forgot", just because it's always made sense to me.

I was wary of text because it's immediately obvious to people what your tattoo means, so hidden places I feel are better. People DO try and read them all the fricking time.
    Last edited by SleeeepyHollow; 10-03-2015 at 04:48 PM.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Stacey I'm so sorry he messed it up :(

If it's any consolation it's the kind of thing people won't tend to notice, I reckon the eyes could be made even but that would mean changing the look of them and I don't think something can be done about that pupil.

Looking at his other work you wouldn't think it was the same artist. He's left it totally flat looking, unfinished almost. :/
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<