Thread: The Useless Tattooing Posts:

roll on wednesday!

Is it normal for a fully healed tattoo to occasionally puff up and become really itchy and raised?
    Different patches of my black lines will randomly itch and swell if I scratch them, they feel like I'm having an allergic reaction, but they're fully healed and don't get scabby or anything, just weird.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    If you have a lush nearby I swear by Dream Cream to stop the itching whilst healing nicely!
    No Lush stores in Greece

Quote Originally Posted by beautiful-disaster View Post
    coconut oil or cocoa butter i've found brings down the itch too the itchin IMO is the worst bit haha
    Something like this? At least we have a Body Shop store!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDreamer22 View Post
    No Lush stores in Greece

you want to make sure it's unscented. I use Palmers unscented but alternatively you can try get your hands on 100% virgin coconut oil; not only is it good for your skin and all natural, it's also good for your hair, nails, cooking!... it's magical stuff
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake View Post
    Is it normal for a fully healed tattoo to occasionally puff up and become really itchy and raised?
    Different patches of my black lines will randomly itch and swell if I scratch them, they feel like I'm having an allergic reaction, but they're fully healed and don't get scabby or anything, just weird.
    Some of my tattoos do that now and then.

No Lush stores in Greece

I'd avoid that, it seems to have a lot of synthetic stuff in it. Do you have the "Simple" brand in Greece? I agree with Palmers as well if you can find it or just a natural oil but be careful not to put too much on as some oils create barriers. Emu oil is fab for itching but I know some don't like to use it. You can also go for natural preparations for tattoos, did your artist not suggest anything you can get locally?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake View Post
    Mine does that on occasion. And when I'm in the shower it gets really itchy (heat makes my skin do funny things; I only have to scratch myself lightly and it looks like a massive welt. My boyfriend always get worried and thinks I've hurt myself, heh. So I guess the ink is just an irritant in me, despite being funny healed?)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I'd avoid that, it seems to have a lot of synthetic stuff in it. Do you have the "Simple" brand in Greece? I agree with Palmers as well if you can find it or just a natural oil but be careful not to put too much on as some oils create barriers. Emu oil is fab for itching but I know some don't like to use it. You can also go for natural preparations for tattoos, did your artist not suggest anything you can get locally?
    No Body Shop stuff, got it! My artist has given me a sheet of instructions, but I trust you folks quite a lot to not ask you for "tried-and-triumphed" tips
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

No Body Shop stuff, got it! My artist has given me a sheet of instructions, but I trust you folks quite a lot to not ask you for "tried-and-triumphed" tips
    sounds strange but you may be able to find pure coconut oil in solid state at a grocery store or the likes because it can be used for cooking with
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

This is probably a stupid question that gets asked all the time, but do you just know when it's time to get a tattoo? I'm not sure and I definitely want to wait a few years first. As I'm unsure whether I'll regret it and I'm young I obviously don't want it enough yet, do you just know 'yep I want this on my body'?
    Becky
    Current: 2 sets of lobes, 2 helix, forward helix (l), conch, tragus (r), navel
    Want: helix, daith (l), lobe (r)
    Retired: rook (r)

'You can't plough a field by turning the soil over in your mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mints View Post
    This is probably a stupid question that gets asked all the time, but do you just know when it's time to get a tattoo? I'm not sure and I definitely want to wait a few years first. As I'm unsure whether I'll regret it and I'm young I obviously don't want it enough yet, do you just know 'yep I want this on my body'?
    My phoenix is a design I had for ages, I didn't get sick of looking at it and being what it stood for I knew I wanted it.
    Having said that, the first week after having it coloured, I was like "OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE, my arm will never be the same again" and started having mini panic attacks. But that calmed down and I barely notice it now, except for those awkward moment when someone points at my arm and I lift it up to look at my shirt and go "what?" and then they say "no your arm" haha.

I've found, because I'm the sort of person who changes my mind A LOT, have the design where you can see it, and every day ask yourself if you like it and if you would want it on your body, 9 times out of 10 I changed my mind and wanted something else by the second week.
    Like with my horse, I have an upload on my computer, and I tend to look at it at least once a day. I've had that design for as long as I had the phoenix design and I still want it done as soon as I have the money. Just need to work out the colours.

Edit: Sorry, my point was that if you are changing your mind a lot, when you find a design you really really want, you will know when you're ready. If you aren't sure, probably best you don't for the moment and just wait, you might find something you REALLY love.
    Last edited by Firedrake; 05-15-2015 at 12:55 AM.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed