Thread: The Useless Tattooing Posts:

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Our (and Toni and Colin's) wedding photographer had some done by Thai monks when she renewed her wedding vows, she's on Facebook here and I'm sure she'd give you details on it all if you drop her a message, she's super friendly
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Name rings a bell but can't picture a face.
    There was a forum for these things kicking about in here a while ago but I can't remember what it was (or I'm imagining it) All I've found so far are really touristy ones that are either really shoddy or use the same needle for everyone and no way am I am going there! I know exactly what I want so guess I'll just keep searching!

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

There's a really nice tattoo forum over at www.lastsparrowtattoo.com Lyssa, mostly American people I think but maybe someone there will be able to help you?
    6/7mm lobes, 2mm second lobe (left), 1.2mm forward helix (right)

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley, 'Invictus'

BME is probably more suited to looking for unusual stuff as well but I find the site hard to navigate etc
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

BME! That's what I was thinking of! Il have a look on both of those. Thank you ladies

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Another 'can anyone help?' question. My partner wants to celebrate his achieving sensai by getting his club's japanese script tattooed. We love Joey Pang's style, so the ink looks literally brushed on, and the guys at temple tattoo. We're willing to save and travel to HK, but I wondered if anyone knew of someone closer to home? UK/Europe?

This is the inspiration http://tattootemple.hk/joey-pang-tattoo-temple#
    *EV*

Piercings
    Right lobe x 3
    Left lobe x 3
    Right helix 2mm x 2
    Right tragus
    Right rook
    Left conch

Left forward helix
    Microdermal behind right ear
    Right Transverse Lobe

Septum - first facial piercing!

Ink
    Left wrist treble clef
    Right ankle paw prints

Left full thigh piece

Wants!
    Full back piece (drawn, waiting to reach goal weight)
    Eyes, right forearm
    Anti tragus
    Helix spiral
    Daith

Just over a year ago I got my first tattoo on my left ankle, I love it and I'm now pondering my next one. The kitty stands for my pet cat Iris (as well as those who have passed), I love the minimalistic style of this tattoo and want to continue it for a tattoo on my right ankle... but am thinking that the idea might sound a bit stupid. Almost two years ago I lost my darling pet bunny - her registered name was Phoenix Rising, I was thinking of getting a tattoo of a rabbit to memorialise her but am now thinking of using the idea of a phoenix, maybe with the tail doing down onto my foot... with a little black/grey bunny hiding somewhere in there.
    Am I silly for having an idea like this?
    Current - 3 x L & R lobe, R nostril, L Industrial
    Retired - L helix, R lobe

Quote Originally Posted by Toady View Post
    Am I silly for having an idea like this?
    No, not at all, loads of people do that....!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by EBrooks131 View Post
    Another 'can anyone help?' question. My partner wants to celebrate his achieving sensai by getting his club's japanese script tattooed. We love Joey Pang's style, so the ink looks literally brushed on, and the guys at temple tattoo. We're willing to save and travel to HK, but I wondered if anyone knew of someone closer to home? UK/Europe?

This is the inspiration http://tattootemple.hk/joey-pang-tattoo-temple#
    I'm afraid I have no suggestions but those angel wings are beautiful!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Her work's amazing. I'm looking at Ema Sweeney in Glasgow as another option - any experiences there? She also does ahmayzing dot work, so might sneak myself in there too...
    *EV*

Piercings
    Right lobe x 3
    Left lobe x 3
    Right helix 2mm x 2
    Right tragus
    Right rook
    Left conch

Left forward helix
    Microdermal behind right ear
    Right Transverse Lobe

Septum - first facial piercing!

Ink
    Left wrist treble clef
    Right ankle paw prints

Left full thigh piece

Wants!
    Full back piece (drawn, waiting to reach goal weight)
    Eyes, right forearm
    Anti tragus
    Helix spiral
    Daith