Thread: The Useless Tattooing Posts:

Scarred_pierced

I changed my sheets in preparation lol. Never!!

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

hehe have you got a roll of kitchen roll in the loo to dry your arm?
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I'm finally going for my first tattoo in about 3 weeks time!
    It's just gonna be a crescent moon outline on my upper rib cage so it won't be too expensive but I still need some time to save and wanted to wait till after vacation where I'll be swimming in the ocean.
    I used to think tattoos should be meaningful, but now I see that it's okay to get something just because you think it's cute!
    I do have a few questions though.
    -How far ahead should I book an appointment?
    -Should I have an artist in mind before I do that? Considering the design is so simple, I'm not really bothered about who does it.
    -Do I have to put down a deposit?
    -What are do's and don'ts as far as preparation?
    -What is healing like? How long is it? What should I expect? How should I take care of it?
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

^
    -Depends on the place. Different places and artists have different policies on deposits and waiting times vary. Personally for mine the waiting list is only about two weeks, and i'm not required to leave a deposit.
    -Up to you really, provided you have faith that the artist can do it well, that's all that matters.
    -Already answered, but I don't know how much it varies across the pond.
    - Eat properly before going, take something sugary with you as well.
    - Varies for everyone. I'm a slooooow healer, and can only bep for a few days, before switching to moisturiser, which is the general advice. However, some people don't like using bep now they changed the ingredients. Gonna let other people give their opinions there though because I can't remember what they've said before lol.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

-Like Soph said, depends on the place. My artist has ~2 weeks wait, but if you know you want it on X date nothings stopping you booking now even if it's not the first available appointment.
    -You want someone who is good at crisp, clean lines so look through portfolios for similar work and pick someone you like and feel happy with.
    -Most probably, however it probably won't be too big for a small piece like that.
    -Eat well before you go (a bit sugar and a decent portion of slow release carbs will be your friends, esp if you're nervous or prone to fainting). Change your bed sheets and wash your bath towel, make sure you have ointment/moisturiser in, take a sugary drink/snack with you.
    -Healing is quicker than a piercing, but itchy and more hands on (you can't really litha like a piercing). Most people use bepanthen for a few days then switch to an unscented, hypoallergenic moisturiser (like E45). I use acriflex not bep because I'm allergic to lanolin in bep. Keep it clean and moisturised, don't pick the scabs/flakes and don't scratch it when it itches! Kitchen roll is good for drying it, towels can be fluffy and leave lint behind
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I desperately want my knee cap coloured in hah. And my mum's portrait. And my other calf. Which first? Hmm. Thinking about the portrait although I've messaged Steph about my knee cap already.. shall message Nick re. portrait now....
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Double post. Sorry.

Buttt one of them got back to me. So I guess I should be getting tattooed soon. Hmm!
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Scarred_pierced

I can't wait til august to get the background done!!!

So the other day, I just spontaneously got another tattoo. I would not go back to that place, but I guess it makes a good story?

Original artwork by Tanya Kozak (used with permission), tattoo by some dude who didn't even tell me his name at Inkwell Tattoos in Illinois.

I actually really like that tattoo Voltra!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram