Thread: The Useless Tattooing Posts:

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyMeadows View Post
    I saw a really cool cosmic piece in my search for an artist. It had the space and stars and junk but instead of planets in orbited something else, I want to say a rose. A nice twist on the average cosmic. As for the quotes I understand your pain, it is so hard to narrow it down to one quote. If I didn't set limits I would be a walking book!
    Haha, Cosmic is a shop . I meant i'd be going to Cosmic to get it done, not i'd be getting a Cosmic piece lol. Although looking through their fb, i'd probs go to Alan for my rib one. Seems really weird to consider going to a different tattooist. I may well mull that one over more, I want to space out getting my ribs done, it's like my favourite area so far to get tattooed .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    Haha, Cosmic is a shop . I meant i'd be going to Cosmic to get it done, not i'd be getting a Cosmic piece lol. Although looking through their fb, i'd probs go to Alan for my rib one. Seems really weird to consider going to a different tattooist. I may well mull that one over more, I want to space out getting my ribs done, it's like my favourite area so far to get tattooed .
    I would feel silly if I was from the UK, but I just think that's funny . Ribs=favorite? Mine was horrific, I need to finish it with a quote and I'm being a big chicken.
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    1st and 2nd lobes, both sides
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyMeadows View Post
    I would feel silly if I was from the UK, but I just think that's funny . Ribs=favorite? Mine was horrific, I need to finish it with a quote and I'm being a big chicken.
    I didn't say it for that lol, i'd have gone to that meaning if I was on your end probably! Well, I've only had ribs and hip, but yes, I enjoy getting my ribs tattooed .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

A friend of mine just shared this on Facebook and I am in love with it! I wish it was legal to completely steal this, haha. No idea who the artist is, sorry. :(
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love that
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I know, it's gorgeous! Is it okay to bring a tattoo to an artist and say "I would like something like this but a little different?" I would absolutely LOVE something like that for my next tattoo, maybe with some teal/purple instead of the orange/red.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    7 tattoos!

Can't see why it would be a problem for you to bring in a reference photo and then have the artist customize it for you. Only thing I think a lot of them don't like is if you bring in a non-flash pic of something another tattooist designed custom for a client and say "I want THIS tattoo EXACTLY."
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

Yeah, I think I read on the website of the studio I go to that they will never copy another artist's work. I'd like pretty much the same tattoo with different colored feathers and maybe different designs inside the bird. I'd probably just trust the artist with coming up with a design since I'm not that creative.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    7 tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by DehTripper View Post
    Not really tattoos but I'm going in to get my first scarification tonight
    Did you get it?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

^ I did!!!! With the holidays and all that rush I totally forgot to post about it. It wasn't all that bad, 1 hour of cutting felt like ~4+ hours of tattooing (you know when you start to get cold and restless?). But its healing away anyhow. I think I still prefer tattoos (aesthetically and less hassle) but I might change my mind as it heals further.
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos