Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The New 2 Tattoo's Thread

I've been thinking about it tbh.
    But she's bound to see it in the summer as it'll be on my shoulder blade, foot, ankle area, or side.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Just be really careful?
    IAM: hetty
    I has Facebook

I have:
    16mm lobes x2 / 1.6mm lobes x4 / 1.6mm scaffold / 1.2mm helix / 1.6mm conch x3 / 1.2mm snakebites / 2mm tongue / 1.6mm horizontal nipples x2 / 1.6mm VCH
    Omega symbol on my nape! 15-07-09 (20 mins)
    Dotwork ohm symbol on my leg! 08/08/10 (3 hrs)
    Pheonix backpiece! 20/08/10 (4 & 1/2 hrs) 18/09/10 (6 hrs) 30/10/10 (5 hrs) 04/12/10 (4 hrs)
    10/01/11 (4 hrs) 12/02/11 (6 & 1/2 hrs) 18/03/11 (2 & 1/2 hrs)
    Little duck on foot! 02/03/11 (5 mins)

I GOT MODBLOGGED!!!

There's always that haha.
    But I have another idea.
    I'm thinking about just telling her I got one to see her reaction, if she freaks out as much as I thought she would (or worse) I'll either not get one at all, keep bugging her about it until she is okay with it, or get one and hide it.
    Either way, I won't actually get it then and once she's done freaking out I'll tell her the truth.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    God, why do I have to have such irrational parents.
    I wish my mom would just let me get one done.
    She says she'll stop paying for my college, but at the same time, she really isn't, it's all student loans, so technically isn't she really in the wrong?
    Then my dad always says how until I know what industry I'm getting into, being tattooed and pierced is a foolish idea.
    But everywhere I'm getting a tattoo is where it can be hidden so I don't really see the problem.
    It's just so annoying when everyone around me is getting new ones, even people who are underage, but their parents just happen to be cool.
    It makes me even angrier that they are allowed to get tattoos when they're such sh*t, the ones I would get would be well done.
    It's just not fair.
    If you're parents don't like the idea now they probably never will, they just want what they think is best for you after all, and that's probably not going to change. But they might be able to learn to accept that it's the way you are, you know what you're doing, you're going to get tattooed and complaining and stuff won't do any good.

I have an appointment for my next one in December, it's going to be my most visible tattoo so far (my arm) I was originally going to keep it a secret from my dad because I knew he would hate it (rreeeaally hate it) but it felt like I was lying to him, so I told him anyway. He got angry, sighed a lot and gave me a huge lecture, but in the end he did accept that it's my choice, so now we just don't talk about it

...maybe just get it, have it for a few months, and then tell them after. Maybe if they could see how easy it would be to hide it if you needed to and that you didn't suddenly morph into a criminal or something, they'll calm down a bit...?

I think the mistake you made was telling them you were thinking about it. If you'd just got a tattoo and hidden it successfully for a few years, they'd have no choice but to live with it.

It took about a year for my mum to notice my first tattoo.
    She said, "What's that on your shoulder?".
    I said, "A tattoo. It's been there for about a year".
    She said, "Oh, well for God's sake don't let your father see it".

It took another 2 years for him to notice, by which point I was moving out anyway :p

Hmm..so I guess the general consensus is that I should just hide it.
    Good influence you lot are. :p

But yeah, I think I'll try what I said about pretending I got it done and then if she flips I'll just hide it haha.
    She can't really say anything about not paying for college as it's all student loans.
    All she has to do is co-sign, but I can hardly see how she'd actually f*ck up my life over something so dumb.
    Current

I think if you live away from home and care for yourself then they don't have much right to tell you what to do. Obviously I think you should respect their wishes to a certain point, but if you are responsible for yourself then you are also responsible for what tattoos you get. Your old enough to do what you want I say!

My mum found out on Facebook and I just went "oh I thought I'd told you about that?" but my mum is really laid back. My dad I haven't told but I'm sure he probably saw it on holiday but he never said anything to me, and he's the type of person that would KILL me.
    IAM: hetty
    I has Facebook

I have:
    16mm lobes x2 / 1.6mm lobes x4 / 1.6mm scaffold / 1.2mm helix / 1.6mm conch x3 / 1.2mm snakebites / 2mm tongue / 1.6mm horizontal nipples x2 / 1.6mm VCH
    Omega symbol on my nape! 15-07-09 (20 mins)
    Dotwork ohm symbol on my leg! 08/08/10 (3 hrs)
    Pheonix backpiece! 20/08/10 (4 & 1/2 hrs) 18/09/10 (6 hrs) 30/10/10 (5 hrs) 04/12/10 (4 hrs)
    10/01/11 (4 hrs) 12/02/11 (6 & 1/2 hrs) 18/03/11 (2 & 1/2 hrs)
    Little duck on foot! 02/03/11 (5 mins)

I GOT MODBLOGGED!!!

i didn't tell my dad i had a tattoo til 7 months after i got it. he rolled his eyes and said not to get anymore.

i have 4 now l0l
    Tattoos
    3 stars top of left leg
    star on back of neck
    rainbow on my back
    wee stick man on left leg
    full right leg sleeve
    1up mushroon on left leg
    deathly hallows on left leg
    mrs potts left foot (major ouch!)

Piercings
    1.2mm lobe x2
    10mm lobe
    8mm lobe!
    Industrial
    Tragus
    Belly button
    Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by het View Post
    I think if you live away from home and care for yourself then they don't have much right to tell you what to do. Obviously I think you should respect their wishes to a certain point, but if you are responsible for yourself then you are also responsible for what tattoos you get. Your old enough to do what you want I say!

My mum found out on Facebook and I just went "oh I thought I'd told you about that?" but my mum is really laid back. My dad I haven't told but I'm sure he probably saw it on holiday but he never said anything to me, and he's the type of person that would KILL me.
    I mean, she buys me clothes and other things when I need them, but that's because I don't have a job or much money. If I did, then I would be paying for all these things myself. However, I am living away from home and am responsible and get things taken care of here by myself.
    I don't think it's gonna be for over another year because I plan on getting all my piercings first, but still a lot sooner than in 4 years when I'm done with school!
    Current

lolz.. my parents don't even know about my tattoo on my forearm.. hah! but that's cause i live in a totally different country to them.. they'll find out soon enough though.. my mom'll prob think i'm going to hell
    Dream things that never were, and say why not?

-Christine-
    www.meetashlyn.wordpress.com
    http://www.facebook.com/christine.ong87
    Have:

Piercings: 2 on each lobe, helix (left), 4 microdermals on chest
    Tattoo: tattoo of my whippet, Ashlyn on my forearm

Want:
    Piercings:
    microdermals (navel area and 1 more on chest), tragus, conch, daith, helix, nostril, stretched lobes

Tattoos: full back piece design that I've had for a while