Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The New 2 Tattoo's Thread

Right I've got my idea, my artist and I know I want this, I've wanted it for a long time.

But how do you bypass the 'OMFG this is a life time thing', I can't seem to bypass it even though I want this tattoo, ney I need it.

Its my back, which is ideal, its just for some reason I can't get past that stage, even though in June I'll be 20, probably by the time its finished.

I just wonder how people jump into the decision how they drove themselves to get their first tattoo.

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

tbh Steph I built myself up and up about getting my first tattoo, but it wasn't until the day of the tattoo that I started having my major freak out.

I think it's just natural progression. There is no set limit as to how long it takes you to process. I honestly, and know this sounds reckless, don't think think about the permanence much anymore. The issue I have is "Can I really get this done? I want to make sure I saw the skin for the right piece. Is this the right tattoo?" as bare skin will at some point be a rare thing for me.

Don't force yourself into it. One day I think you'll just wake up with that certainty and contact the artist
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by x-laura-c-x View Post
    My main question is this; should tattoos bleed when done? I've watched multiple programmes, and I'm very taken with the tattoo artists from Miami and L.A. ink. More so Miami Ink as I'm more familiar with that show, but anyway, getting to the point.

On their show, I have never, ever seen a tattoo being done, with any hint of bleeding. However, after watching other programmes, such as London Ink, I've seen other artists causing a lot of bleeding whilst they work.

Is bleeding natural and the first shows I mentioned are just covering up all signs of blood on the television, or are the latter just not as adapt at tattooing, thus inserting the needle too far into the skin, causing the blood?

I just want to verify that, so I can ask the tattoo artist some questions before getting anything done (I like to be kept in the know, and I don't want my first tattoo to put me off entirely and leave me feeling regret, after all).
    Your skin is being punchured by needles over & over again, of course there will be blood.

Quote Originally Posted by .Only.Streetlights. View Post
    tbh Steph I built myself up and up about getting my first tattoo, but it wasn't until the day of the tattoo that I started having my major freak out.

I think it's just natural progression. There is no set limit as to how long it takes you to process. I honestly, and know this sounds reckless, don't think think about the permanence much anymore. The issue I have is "Can I really get this done? I want to make sure I saw the skin for the right piece. Is this the right tattoo?" as bare skin will at some point be a rare thing for me.

Don't force yourself into it. One day I think you'll just wake up with that certainty and contact the artist
    Point made, I know the placement is perfect, the artist work is outstanding, but I keep wanting to find faults in his work just so I can say no.

Which is ridiculous, I've wanted this since I was 15, I'm going to see him regardless, I think once I make the transistion to sitting here to actually booking an appointment with him, it'll be better.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf View Post
    Right I've got my idea, my artist and I know I want this, I've wanted it for a long time.

But how do you bypass the 'OMFG this is a life time thing', I can't seem to bypass it even though I want this tattoo, ney I need it.
    Turn to Courage Wolf. Let him be your guide.
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.

Lifting big, getting bigger.

No use for an imaginary friend.

Thank you for this!

I still have much thinking to do before getting tattooed.

God, why do I have to have such irrational parents.
    I wish my mom would just let me get one done.
    She says she'll stop paying for my college, but at the same time, she really isn't, it's all student loans, so technically isn't she really in the wrong?
    Then my dad always says how until I know what industry I'm getting into, being tattooed and pierced is a foolish idea.
    But everywhere I'm getting a tattoo is where it can be hidden so I don't really see the problem.
    It's just so annoying when everyone around me is getting new ones, even people who are underage, but their parents just happen to be cool.
    It makes me even angrier that they are allowed to get tattoos when they're such sh*t, the ones I would get would be well done.
    It's just not fair.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Alexandra... just don't tell them! If they'll never see it, they have no need to know...
    IAM: hetty
    I has Facebook

I have:
    16mm lobes x2 / 1.6mm lobes x4 / 1.6mm scaffold / 1.2mm helix / 1.6mm conch x3 / 1.2mm snakebites / 2mm tongue / 1.6mm horizontal nipples x2 / 1.6mm VCH
    Omega symbol on my nape! 15-07-09 (20 mins)
    Dotwork ohm symbol on my leg! 08/08/10 (3 hrs)
    Pheonix backpiece! 20/08/10 (4 & 1/2 hrs) 18/09/10 (6 hrs) 30/10/10 (5 hrs) 04/12/10 (4 hrs)
    10/01/11 (4 hrs) 12/02/11 (6 & 1/2 hrs) 18/03/11 (2 & 1/2 hrs)
    Little duck on foot! 02/03/11 (5 mins)

I GOT MODBLOGGED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by het View Post
    Alexandra... just don't tell them! If they'll never see it, they have no need to know...
    yeah, i agree with het, i have some private tats for my own/partner only viewing that i havent told the parents about due to where they are placed!

3 x helix (1.6mm, 8mm), rook, snug, 2 x tragus (1.2mm, 4mm), 2 x daith, anti tragus, 2 x 16mm lobes, 6mm conch punch, 8mm helix punch

double nostrils, philtrum, double septum (2mm, 10mm)

3.2mm + 2.4mm navel, 2 x horizontal nipple, R vertical 2.4mm nipple, 2 x inner labia

want:6mm tragus