Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The New 2 Tattoo's Thread

its k

i ended up getting it done on my footsie, though im seriously considering getting my leg done later
    I luffs tea

Have
    2 x Lobes on each ear | Right Helix |Right Inner Conch |Right Nostril | Left Tragus | Left Rook

Turtle Tattoo on left foot

Okay so I'm getting my first tattoo relatively soon-next couple months or so but I realize I know next to nothing about them!
    So first off, sunblock..it's summer and all that..so is it necessary to put on a tattoo? And for how long after the initial tattooing?
    Another thing that concerns me..swimming. Is it allowed? If so, is there something you need to do to protect the tattoo against water? If not, how long until it's okay?
    Also, color. Are there some colors that fade sooner than others? What causes fading and what can be done to prevent it?
    And lastly, clothes. My first tattoo could either be on my foot or shoulder blade. What to wear for the foot? Flip flops only? And for the shoulder blade one should I wear tank tops? What about bras?
    Those are the only things I can think of right now..anything else you can think of feel free to add
    Last edited by tacosareyummeh; 07-18-2009 at 12:13 AM.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    Okay so I'm getting my first tattoo relatively soon-next couple months or so but I realize I know next to nothing about them!
    So first off, sunblock..it's summer and all that..so is it necessary to put on a tattoo? And for how long after the initial tattooing?
    Another thing that concerns me..swimming. Is it allowed? If so, is there something you need to do to protect the tattoo against water? If not, how long until it's okay?
    Also, color. Are there some colors that fade sooner than others? What causes fading and what can be done to prevent it?
    And lastly, clothes. My first tattoo could either be on my foot or shoulder blade. What to wear for the foot? Flip flops only? And for the shoulder blade one should I wear tank tops? What about bras?
    Those are the only things I can think of right now..anything else you can think of feel free to add

Answer to both of those is sunblock should always be worn when tattoo is going to be out in sun as the sun fades tattoo's
    Pierced, Punched, Stretched and Scarified

i find that White and yellow ink fade quicker on me! my phoenix has white ink in it, and its never exposed to the sun or anything, so its not been damaged, its just the way i am!
    x

Thanks for the sunscreen info..I figured it was best to always put it on, but wanted to double check!
    I don't think any of my tattoos I've planned so far will have any yellow or white so I should be good on that!
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

The opening post of this is so damn helpful!
    I've read loads of stuff about getting a tattoo but I found this one the best, it really runs you through every step with a nice personal touch. Thanks Flexeh!

I have 7 tattoos planned lol and yet to get any of them done.
    Funny thing is, I'm not scared of getting the actual tattoo done, that bit doesn't phase me, it's just going into the shop to book the appointment that is stopping me.
    I have a bit of a phobia about unknown places and shops and can't get the guts up to go in there.
    yes, I'm an odd one

tacosareyummeh: i'm getting my first tat in a couple months too!! when you getting yours exactly?

I got my first one done at the end of June - it's still not completely healed (and it doesn't help that the last few weeks I stopped using the bepanthen) but I did clean it religiously for the first 5 or so weeks and i've only just started allowing my arm (i got it done on my forearm) to soak in the bath. I want so much more already! The problem is I've got so many ideas floating about that I just can't settle and I want them all done NOW! but there's money to think about and the fact that I have to be sure what I want.

I can't just sporadically go in with a half-baked idea and be like 'this is what I want' Saying that though, my first tattoo was the word 'UGLY' which has meaning, don't get me wrong - but my plan is for the rest of my right arm to be a following from that word, with everything dark, painful and 'ugly' to accompany it. There's just too many things buzzing about.... aaah tattoos and the addiction they create! I love 'em though
    "We must be the change we wish to see in the world"

current piercings:
    LEFT EAR:
    Retired almost all of my piercings

RIGHT EAR:

• 10 mm lobe stretch - temporarily retired
    • conch
    • daith
    • 2 self-pierced retired lobe piercings

OTHER:

• lip piercing - retired as of June 2010
    • tongue piercing
    • Right sleeve - work in progress
    • Half left sleeve - needs finishing

I wonder why it has taken so long to heal?
    Tattoos usually heal in less than 14 days (about 9 or 10 for me), although legs take longer for some reason!

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

I have been working on my thigh piece and the last session took about 3 weeks for it to lose ALL of it's scabs.

There's so much fluid retention in the legs, especially the thighs that things just really take their time. Plus all the extra movement.
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts