Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: The New 2 Tattoo's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tonguetied87 View Post
    I was wondering what could be causing tiny pimples (that don't look like acne ones) over and around my tattoo. I've had the tattoo since last August and it's on my upper back. I've never had any pimples on my back before and started getting them after I'd moisturise. They were on/off when I used bepanthen and disappeared altogether when I stopped using it and have now come back even if I don't put any moisturiser on it. Any ideas what it could be?
    Moisturising/bepanthen= clogged pores I should think!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Hello, I don't post on here often but I'm booked in for my first tattoo on Wednesday and I just wanted a bit of advice.. My best mate has told me to take pain killers before hand but being a pharm sci student I'm very wary of this as I know it will affect my blood, but then I know nothing about tattooing. Also I'm getting it on the back of my ankles and have been told this is really painful, any one got experience of this area? I've been booked in for an hour and I'm getting a quote of 8 words long, does this amount of time sound right? (The same mate told me her script tattoo of 15 words took 10 minutes so abit confused) I've researched the shop and the artist and I'm pretty confident with them. Thank you, any advice would be appreciated greatly :-)
    Hi! I'm Bekki.

I have: 8mm Lobes (L+R), Industrial (L), Anti-Tragus (L), Outer Conch (L), Forward Helix (R), 2x Helix (R), Inner Conch (R), Seconds (L+R), Nostril (R), Double Tragus (R), Tongue Web, 2 x Vertical Nipples, 2 x Horizontal Nipples, Inverse and Standard Navel

Quote Originally Posted by sonicthehedgehog View Post
    Hello, I don't post on here often but I'm booked in for my first tattoo on Wednesday and I just wanted a bit of advice.. My best mate has told me to take pain killers before hand but being a pharm sci student I'm very wary of this as I know it will affect my blood, but then I know nothing about tattooing. Also I'm getting it on the back of my ankles and have been told this is really painful, any one got experience of this area? I've been booked in for an hour and I'm getting a quote of 8 words long, does this amount of time sound right? (The same mate told me her script tattoo of 15 words took 10 minutes so abit confused) I've researched the shop and the artist and I'm pretty confident with them. Thank you, any advice would be appreciated greatly :-)
    Don't bother with the painkillers especially for something so small. Not sure what you mean by the back of your ankle...your Achilles heel? I've got one on the side of my ankle and yeah it was a bit pinchy but like all tattoos it's bearable! Same as piercing, what one person finds horrible another will find fine.

Did the artist say you were in for an hour, it would take an hour or you're paying for an hour? All different things, plus it depends on the size and detail. You have to remember that when you go in and they see to you, the clock is ticking, so you'll have to get your ankle out, they may shave you if needed, then they'll clean the area, then put the stencil on you and replace/reposition as many times as needed to get it right, get their gloves on etc and then start tattooing, after that they will clean youi up, let you look and the put a dressing on it. So even if it look 20 minutes to actually tattoo, there's another 10-20mins possibly of prep etc. Also most artists charge a set up fee for tattoos under 1 hour and some also charge their hourly rate for the first hour no matter how long it takes.

You'd have to communicate with your artist directly to know the specifics. Also depends on how long it takes them to tattoo.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I mean more lower calf than ankle I suppose, the bit where the tendon stops sticking out so much. I'm getting half the quote on one ankle and then the other half on the other one. I went in and asked about it and I told them I wasn't creative and he said he'll draw a few and then do it free hand, but to facebook them if I do come across something I really like which I have done he said it would be 30 mins on each side so I think he meant the actual tattooing, although I'm not 100%, I was having such an adrenaline rush booking a tattoo that I forgot to ask so many questions haha.
    Hi! I'm Bekki.

I have: 8mm Lobes (L+R), Industrial (L), Anti-Tragus (L), Outer Conch (L), Forward Helix (R), 2x Helix (R), Inner Conch (R), Seconds (L+R), Nostril (R), Double Tragus (R), Tongue Web, 2 x Vertical Nipples, 2 x Horizontal Nipples, Inverse and Standard Navel

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

I have both my calves done as well as my ankle and I'd say the 'worst' bits (uncomfortable) was nearer the back of the knee and right on the back of the ankle. An hour is totally doable though

like hazel said, no need for pain killers. You're adrenaline will last you an hour :p
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda