Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The New 2 Tattoo's Thread

Ok so my first tattoo session is in a month, and whilst I'm hella excited, I just had a little terrified panic about it! It's just that it's going to be 3 hours, and I'm just worried that I'm not going to be able to cope with the pain or something. I don't know, It's just because I don't know what to expect!
    Georgie
    Stretched ears, 9 piercings, 2 tattoos.
    facebook

tumblr
    portfolio

nosce te ipsum.

Its that terrified panic I get every time I get close to booking something! I hate that its an unknown type of pain and you won't know if you can handle it until it has started and by that point you can't go back!
    What are you getting done?

Quote Originally Posted by Geeorgie View Post
    Ok so my first tattoo session is in a month, and whilst I'm hella excited, I just had a little terrified panic about it! It's just that it's going to be 3 hours, and I'm just worried that I'm not going to be able to cope with the pain or something. I don't know, It's just because I don't know what to expect!
    Im worried too, i have my first in 2 weeks time! Mine wil take around 2 - 2.5 hours ah good luck to us both!! i will post my experience on here afterwards so i can say how bad it was! where u getting it? mines my lower back so hopefully the pain will be moderate compared to other places!
    Right Ear 4mm lobe, 2mm second lobe, 1.2mm helix
    Left Ear 14mm lobe, 4mm second lobe, rook-retired :(
    Retired double left nostril now just one nostril
    Horizontal nipples!!
    Right side of lip - retired again
    Septum!

Facial microdermal
    Navel-retired

Some ink...need more

Ah cool! Mines an autumn maple tree covering most of my back, so will see what all parts of the back feel like! Good luck for yours
    Georgie
    Stretched ears, 9 piercings, 2 tattoos.
    facebook

tumblr
    portfolio

nosce te ipsum.

Quote Originally Posted by holyoakelis View Post
    Haven't decided where yet. There are a couple of places in mind but being a uni student the people I know haven't been here long enough to have experiences in any studio - so recommendations would be much appreciated!
    Anybody got any suggestions for Cardiff or nearby?
    I had mine at Physical Graffiti, at the time the shop was being re-done so it didn't look very nice, but everyone was really friendly, and I'm very happy with it!
    They have a website but I think it's a bit out of date, and I'm pretty sure they have a myspace too, which would probably have more recent stuff on, but I can't find the link because it won't load on my work computer

Thanks!
    Is it weird to want a female artist? Every man I've come across so far has been quite intimidating to me, except one guy at home, but home is miles away unfortunately. There don't seem to be many women around though?

Sup, figured I'de post in here instead of creating a new thread.

Having never booked a tattoo, I turn 18 in less than 2 months, which sounds closer in my head but I'de like to know this before the time comes. I've looked at a lot of artists, but people I know who weren't particularly interested in their artist and just went to a shop and got what they wanted, got put with basically the first free artist in there. Would I be considered an arse-hole for asking for a specific artist or denying an artist at a shop? Even though I doubt I would, I'm probably being paranoid, but it's worth knowing I guess.

Cheers x

I think it's normal for people to request certain artists.
    I know sometimes they'll even ask you if you would prefer someone else.
    I would think they would realize it may not be because the customer thinks badly of their work, it's just certain artists do better with certain pieces than others would.
    I would find out ahead of time about the artists availability you may want though.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

So I've been thinking about getting a tattoo, but probably won't do so for a couple of years, just so I have the time to really figure out what I want. But in the mean time, how do you choose a good shop?
    This is the place that I would probably go to http://www.fattyscustomtattooz.com/fattyport.asp since I get my piercings there.
    If you take a look at his work, let me know what you think.

Senior Member Microdermal Melissa's Avatar

the tattoos on that link are amazing
    fabulous detail
    i would certainly get something done there
    I have:
    1lobe at 5mm & 3standard lobes -- 1 Tragus--- medusa --tongue -- tongue web---
    nipple--- navel--- vch --- fourchette - vertical labret

I used to also have:
    nape surface bar, 4microdermals, 2 lobes and hand web, madison

Tattoos
    Arabic on side rib cage
    Irish script top to bottom my spine
    Irish writing both feet
    Genital Tattoo ...