Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ballet

Default Ballet

I'm not too sure if this is the right place to post, so if it isn't.

Ok, so I was wondering if anyone here does ballet and their experience of going on pointe and how long did it take you to go on pointe? (Different people, diifernt times) I go to senior freestyle at the moment for my P.E GCSE, (I had to do something outside of school to be assesed on) and I as also wondering (I'm asking alot sorry again!) what exercises do you do to do box splits, because I'm fine the other way, just not the box way.

I've read that it takes about 5 or 6 years to go on pointe, but could it be less?

I'm sorry if these questions sound stupid.

Love Wolfie
    xxxxx

i used to do ballet when i was yonger but had to stop because of my hip problems, i used to have a firend who did it i can't rember how long it took her but i rember her showing me all the blisters and stuff on her feet but i think its supposed to take a few years to devleop you muscle properly
    Last edited by wizzy; 09-20-2007 at 01:24 AM.

umm my friends who do ballet have been doing it since they were tiny and they're both 16 now and are on pointe now, but they were demi-pointe (i think) for like 2 years.

and for box splits i think it's just you can do them or you can't. just any exercises that would stretch those muscles and all really i expect.

Senior Member death threat girl 1's Avatar

I did ballet GCSE O_o
    Piercings
    self done left lip x 1
    ears x 7 (some self done, some not)
    self done 12mm flesh tunnels x 2
    nose x 1
    Rook x 1
    Bottom navel x 1

retired
    right side lip
    self done ear x 1
    self done surface arm
    self done thumb web
    self done 4mm second lobes

Tattoos
    Hello kitty wearing a teddy bear hat on wrist

Do you mean 5-6 years from scratch? I've been doing ballet for 13 years, and I'm still not on pointe. This is partly due to that fact that I don't go to any classes on the night of pointe work, but it still takes a lot of work. You need to be very stong on demi pointe, have good posture and balance, and strong ankles.

Obviously, it all depends on the teacher as well. I have friends who went on pointe at about 12 or 13, but my teacher wouldn't even consider it until you're 16/17 (once you've stopped growing)
    Right ear: 3x lobe [1x 8mm], rook.
    Left ear: 2x lobe [1x 8mm], auricle, tragus, conch
    Other: Septum, nipples

I am Flo, the short and buttery one

I want Pat's babies

No one misses the quiet kid...

[quote=IllumineTheShadows;390260]Do you mean 5-6 years from scratch? quote]

No, like a couple of years after you've started (sorry I didn't make my self clear )

mightyrhi_16 and for box splits i think it's just you can do them or you can't. just any exercises that would stretch those muscles and all really i expect.Yesterday 01:16 AM

AWE!!! Nevermind, I can't have everything. I can do them the other way, just have to stretch I guess.

Senior Member NarcissisticDramaQueen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieXx View Post

mightyrhi_16 and for box splits i think it's just you can do them or you can't. just any exercises that would stretch those muscles and all really i expect.

AWE!!! Nevermind, I can't have everything. I can do them the other way, just have to stretch I guess.

No you would be able to achieve box splits if you put in plenty of work. I used to be a gymnast and have coached gymnastics and i was lucky in the fact that i was weirdly flexible and could do three way splits right from the start. But i coached girls who weren't naturally flexible and with time they managed box splits. Its just a case of warming up properly so you don't pull a muscle and then stretching till it hurts and staying there till it stops hurting then stretching more. You need to do this everyday as much as you can, making sure you are completely warmed up beforehand so you don't injure yourself. You should start to see a difference, you can also do other exercises to help with your flexibility. I used to do splits at random times to make sure they stayed perfect, if i was sitting on the floor doing homework/eating dinner, you could guarantee i would be in splits lol

Wow, that's quite amazing being able to do the splits (all ways) from the start! AND to coach girls when they're not that flexible to get them to do tye box splits, well done to you I'll have to do the exercises, thankyou for the tips. ... mind coaching me, rub off your magic :P

Quote Originally Posted by death threat girl 1 View Post
    I did ballet GCSE O_o
    Cool
    what was that like?

Senior Member NarcissisticDramaQueen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieXx View Post
    Wow, that's quite amazing being able to do the splits (all ways) from the start! AND to coach girls when they're not that flexible to get them to do tye box splits, well done to you I'll have to do the exercises, thankyou for the tips. ... mind coaching me, rub off your magic :P
    Hehe thank you There will be alot of information on the tinterweb about flexibility training particularly on gymnastics website if you have a good mooch around. It really is just about putting in the hard work and not giving up when it hurts. Don't over stretch though, its a gradual thing and will take time to do it properly. Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast