Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: F1 & Motorsport

Agreed, that race was far from thrilling
    Piercings:

Left Ear: 15mm Lobe (Scalpelled @ 12mm) 2xCartellidge @ 1.6mm, Conch @ 3.2mm

Right Ear: 1" Lobe, 4mm dermal punched inner conch

Body:
    PA 4mm

Would like: More dermal punching, lobe scalpelling, more conch stretching and some more genital work perhaps?

Facebook
    DnB Project Myspace

Sunday's race was pretty boring. The top four places just remained the same all the way through except for Kimi slowing right down to let Massa through.

Fingers crossed Brazil will be a bit more lively

Fingers crossed ey.
    I hope its close between Massa and Hamilton, but Hamilton looks fairly dead set on winning this year unless he makes a cock up of it under pressure, which he is prone to do.
    James.

Stretched: 28mm Lobes. 8mm Labret. 9mm Septum. 3.2mm Nostrils. 4mm Navel. 6mm Helix.
    Pierced: Lower Navel. Nipple.
    Implanted: Throat. Navel. Anti-eyebrow
    Ink'd: Half Sleeve. Lip.

"Misery f*cking loves me, and i love her too."
    IAM: JamesX.

Yeah, I was hoping Massa would close the gap a bit in China to make the last race more exciting. I'd like to see Massa win the championship this year.

Yeh Massa deserves it.
    More than Hamilton i would say. He's gotten too twatish lately, and his driving has been far to aggressive.

Really, i wanted to Kubica to win. Well, if BMW really have put that much effort into next years car he has a very realistic chance. Kubica + Alonso would be the best team on the grid. They're the most reliable drivers on the grid IMO. Always score points unless circumstances just kind of, stop them, and Alonso is without a doubt the best driver on the grid.

Kubica + Alonso for BMW next year.
    James.

Stretched: 28mm Lobes. 8mm Labret. 9mm Septum. 3.2mm Nostrils. 4mm Navel. 6mm Helix.

I agree it would have been fab to see Kubica win but he's out of the running now :(

I'd love to see Kubica and Vettel in top cars to see what they could do if given the same car as Hamilton or Kimi.

Yeh Vettel is amazing.
    Be he regrets switching to RBR now Torro Rosso are beating them each race.
    James.

Yeah Kubica is going to be a force next year, as is Vettel who hopefully won't be let down by a poor RBR car next season. Plus new technology comes in next year, new aero packages and restrictions as well as KERS systems so it may allow BMW and Renault if they are able to implement those changes better, to be near the front.

What concerns me, is the recent talk of a tender going out so that all engines and drivetrains are made by a single manufacturer and then the teams buy them in. This is just a proposal by the FIA atm but I think it if goes ahead it could ruin a lot of the basis of what F1 is, the competition between both drivers and teams making a complete package to win.
    Piercings:

Body:
    PA 4mm

Would like: More dermal punching, lobe scalpelling, more conch stretching and some more genital work perhaps?

Facebook
    DnB Project Myspace

[quote=metal_tom;844574]Yeah Kubica is going to be a force next year, as is Vettel who hopefully won't be let down by a poor RBR car next season. Plus new technology comes in next year, new aero packages and restrictions as well as KERS systems so it may allow BMW and Renault if they are able to implement those changes better, to be near the front.

What concerns me, is the recent talk of a tender going out so that all engines and drivetrains are made by a single manufacturer and then the teams buy them in. This is just a proposal by the FIA atm but I think it if goes ahead it could ruin a lot of the basis of what F1 is, the competition between both drivers and teams making a complete package to win.[/quote]

God, it was bad enough when they did that with the tyres. F1 is all about showcasing what the manufacturers can do and moving technology forward. Making every team buy in the same engine would have a really detrimental effect I reckon.

I can't remember the name of it but there is a kids race that happens on touring cars days. Each car is exactly the same. It is really interesting to watch as you get a lots of different winners and everyone is on an even playing field. However, that's not what F1 is about at all.

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyBee View Post
    God, it was bad enough when they did that with the tyres. F1 is all about showcasing what the manufacturers can do and moving technology forward. Making every team buy in the same engine would have a really detrimental effect I reckon.

I can't remember the name of it but there is a kids race that happens on touring cars days. Each car is exactly the same. It is really interesting to watch as you get a lots of different winners and everyone is on an even playing field. However, that's not what F1 is about at all.
    Yeah absolutely. It's like with the engine freeze which they are now having to re-think as some teams are down in power to others, recently Renault engines being around 20bhp less powerful than Ferrari's. F1 is totally all about pushing the boundaries of engineering in all areas and someday that technology moving into road cars, flappy paddle gearboxes for example would be nowhere today without F1. With the budget and experience the guys in F1 have for research and development it's gotta be good to allow to develop this stuff.

The idea of reducing costs is a good thing, but making it a single make series for components is not really the way to do it in my opinion. I'm not sure how you could do it, I just don't like this idea.

Do you mean the Ginetta Junior Series? Yeah that is really cool, it gives the drivers a chance to show that they can make the difference on the track and in setting the car up, cool series. I wish I was good enough to drive one o those bad boys when I was 14!
    Piercings:

Body:
    PA 4mm

Facebook
    DnB Project Myspace