Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: F1 & Motorsport

A big cheer went round my living room yesterday when Hamilton retired in the pit lane of all places. Although I'd rather see Hamilton win than Alonso because of the cheating issues, I'm dreading having to listen to the media go on and on about the record breaking rookie even more than we already have. I'm sick of hearing Hamilton's life story already - imagine what it will be like if he wins the championship. I never ever thought I'd be supporting Ferarri but I hope Kimi comes through and snatches the title from both of them.

I love it when the season is decided on the last race I think that's what took a lot of the excitement out of the sport in the Schumacher years when the drivers and constructors championships were deiced half way through the season. It's nice to see some good competition.

I'm im sick of Hamilton. He was on the front of every newspaper today i swear. Even the metro! The media will ruin him if their not careful. It's really good he is doing so well, he is a good driver, but he is in the best car on the grid and his team mate seems very unhappy with the team as a whole. I'd like to see Kimi win it. He deserves it the most really. He is by far the best driver on the grid (if not a little boring to listen too when he talks) and has been very unlucky these past few years. If his car was better early season he would of won it hands down.

I forgot about JB. He had a fantastic race. Fought hard for his points and really well deserved. Especially when he was beating the BMWS, much faster cars.
    James.

Stretched: 28mm Lobes. 8mm Labret. 9mm Septum. 3.2mm Nostrils. 4mm Navel. 6mm Helix.
    Pierced: Lower Navel. Nipple.
    Implanted: Throat. Navel. Anti-eyebrow
    Ink'd: Half Sleeve. Lip.

"Misery f*cking loves me, and i love her too."
    IAM: JamesX.

I agree. I'm even warming to JB a bit more now that I don't have to listen to commentators talking about him non-stop. The media is making people resent Hamilton by ignoring other drivers to focus on him.

If Hamilton does end up being the first rookie to win the championship, it will be because he is the first rookie to go into F1 driving the best car on the grid. Everyone else has to start at Minardi, Spyker, etc and work their way up. I'm sure there are plenty of drivers who could have won the championship in their first season if they had a super duper car under them.

I didn't see any papers today but I can imagine he got some pretty outrageous media coverage. Thats kind of the problem with the British press when they get hold of homegrown talent, they tend to talk about them and build them up, just to see them fall back down again and abuse them when they possibly don't do so well, a case in point being the English Football/Cricket Teams or Tim Henman lol.

I'm not sure I'd be too impressed with Alonso winning to be honest, he's been whining too much this season for my liking, ignoring the obv dubious nature of his conduct regarding the spygate thing. Kimi would be a pretty good champ, he has had a hard year at times and he deserves it in his career, coming so close a few times. I'd be pretty happy with him winning.

Aye now JB is getting less coverage in the media rather than chatting to him before every race like they did last season he is more like-able in a way. I don't think I could get bored of him winning lol.

Yeah, that and the fact that he has been groomed for this for 9 years by McLaren and Ron Dennis so he would come in and be reet-good straight away. A rookie winning the championship would leave a bad taste in the mouth I think. Good driver or not.
    Piercings:

Left Ear: 15mm Lobe (Scalpelled @ 12mm) 2xCartellidge @ 1.6mm, Conch @ 3.2mm

Right Ear: 1" Lobe, 4mm dermal punched inner conch

Body:
    PA 4mm

Would like: More dermal punching, lobe scalpelling, more conch stretching and some more genital work perhaps?

Facebook
    DnB Project Myspace

Does anyone know the reasons behind Alex Wurz's retirement? I know it's for personal reasons but it seems strange he's not going to be finishing the season when there's only one race to go. I hope everything is ok with his wee baby!

Probably because he isn't doing as well as his team mate. Frank Williams said his future was unsure so he may of just quit so he goes out on a better note. I hope he stays in F1 like Schui seems to be doing.
    James.

Stretched: 28mm Lobes. 8mm Labret. 9mm Septum. 3.2mm Nostrils. 4mm Navel. 6mm Helix.

Ah I don't know, Ralfie is a bit crap. Thinking I might put a sly bet on Kimi to win.... 10/1 odds hmm.
    Piercings:

Body:
    PA 4mm

Would like: More dermal punching, lobe scalpelling, more conch stretching and some more genital work perhaps?

Facebook
    DnB Project Myspace

oo not bad odds, to win the gp or championship.
    James.

To win the Championship... with Skybet
    Piercings:

Body:
    PA 4mm

Facebook
    DnB Project Myspace

Nice one. The Mcclarens may end up taking each other out fighting, or some midfield teams could get in the way. Bring on Interlargos.
    James.