Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: F1 & Motorsport

Oh really... thats really interesting! Yeah, I agree, I don't Ron knew about the text messages and emails between Pedro De La Rosa and Alonso until the discussion he had with Alonso before the Hungarian GP so it has probably hit him hard. He is a very stand up guy tho from the looks so I think he has managed to keep the integrity of himself and the majority of the team intact. I guess him and Alonso won't be getting on all that well until the end of the season.

Anyone catch the GP on the weekend? Wasn't the most thrillin imo with the Ferarris' romping off into the distance particularly easy, altho Kimi was ludicrously fast all weekend and deserved the win. Button getting overtaken by the Super Aguri again was a downpoint most defro. Did anyone hear the mention of JB goin to McLaren next season should Alonso leave...? He has already said he is staying at Honda next year but oh wouldn't it be nice to have JB and Hammy in the McLaren's... one can dream.
    Piercings:

Left Ear: 15mm Lobe (Scalpelled @ 12mm) 2xCartellidge @ 1.6mm, Conch @ 3.2mm

Right Ear: 1" Lobe, 4mm dermal punched inner conch

Body:
    PA 4mm

Would like: More dermal punching, lobe scalpelling, more conch stretching and some more genital work perhaps?

Facebook
    DnB Project Myspace

Ooh, not heard the JB to McLaren thing before...

Tbh I can't see Alonso staying with McLaren for the remainder of his contract, especially since he and Ron Dennis haven't spoken since Hungary.
    Where would Alonso go though? Going back to Renault would be a step in the wrong direction based on their performance this season, and I don't see any other teams that could match his talent and ambition at this time other than the big two...possibly BMW.

As for JB, I think he would bite Ron's hand off at the opportunity to drive for him - although Honda would make it seriously hard for him to leave, I feel a move to a performing team would be perfect to see if he really does have what it takes with a championship chasing car, especially if Honda don't get back on the pace next season.

It was just something they said during the last race sometime, that people down the pitlane had said before.

This is true, with that tension it can't be good for the team. I would imagine it'll get better once he season has finished. Yeah Renault would be the obvious choice, get rid of Fisichella.. who lets be honest is pretty crap, consistently.

Haha yeh absolutely, and if they really wanted JB I'm sure they could buy him out of his contract with Honda somehow. Ah yeh definitely, would be real good to see, otherwise he could become another Coulthard who is past his best, racing mid field cars.

Anyone else get up early to watch the Japanese GP? If so, whatcha reckon?
    Piercings:

Body:
    PA 4mm

Would like: More dermal punching, lobe scalpelling, more conch stretching and some more genital work perhaps?

Facebook
    DnB Project Myspace

I've missed loads of F1 action this season :( I also like drifting (BEFORE that film came out btw...)

So hacked off about Hamiltons lack of Penalty. He deserved one, even if it was just a 10 place drop. It's rubbish. Kubica gets penalised and looses points for causing an unavoidable crash which both drivers came out of ok+, and Hamilton gets nothing for causing two drivers to retire.
    FIA have different standards for different drivers. I hope he doesn't win this year, he has had so many lucky escapes where he should of been penalised, and he has such a big mouth and needs to think before he speaks.
    Rant Over.
    James.

Stretched: 28mm Lobes. 8mm Labret. 9mm Septum. 3.2mm Nostrils. 4mm Navel. 6mm Helix.
    Pierced: Lower Navel. Nipple.
    Implanted: Throat. Navel. Anti-eyebrow
    Ink'd: Half Sleeve. Lip.

"Misery f*cking loves me, and i love her too."
    IAM: JamesX.

Haha totally agree mate. I'm surprised they said nothing over his conduct behind the other safety car, he was pissing about all over the place in front of Alonso, pretending he was going to go, then not, then going. All James Allen could say was 'thats what it's all about outwitting you opponents' I hate that guy. Plus in those conditions he really shouldn't have been messing about cuz altho he doesn't have tire spray in his face, everyone else does and so can see even less than him!

I would have liked to see him get a 10 place grid penalty just to see if he has the minerals to fight his way through what is a very close midfield this year. I hope he doesn't win this season as well, but not purely on the basis of last weekend. He does chat too much, but he has been groomed by Ron Dennis to handle the media well. Tbh I think him and Alonso have talked too much this year, too much bitchin' and not enough action on track!

We shall see what happens over this weekend I guess.
    Piercings:

Body:
    PA 4mm

Facebook
    DnB Project Myspace

Yeh, i imagine he would do alright in the midfield as theres no doubting he has some skill, but he has never had to show it this year. I believe he'll be f***ed next year when they Ban Traction Control. Have you seen the way he over drivers that car, it's stupid. It's an F1 car not a Drifter.
    IMO he should of started in the lower teams and worked his way up insted of just being put into the best car on the grid. Mcclaren will have their year when they generally suck soon and he will have no idea what to do. Alonso, Kimi and Massa all started in lesser low midfield cars, Hamilton has never had that as he came staright in to the best team on the grid. I can't wait to see it Alonso goes back to Renult, and i hope they keep Kovelinen (Sp?) alongside him as they will be a force next year along with the BMWs. If alonso leaves i hope Rosberg goes to Mcclaren to show Hamilton how its done. Fastest of the slower guys. He's good, very good.
    James.

Stretched: 28mm Lobes. 8mm Labret. 9mm Septum. 3.2mm Nostrils. 4mm Navel. 6mm Helix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesx. View Post
    It's an F1 car not a Drifter.

IMO he should of started in the lower teams and worked his way up insted of just being put into the best car on the grid. Mcclaren will have their year when they generally suck soon and he will have no idea what to do. Alonso, Kimi and Massa all started in lesser low midfield cars, Hamilton has never had that as he came staright in to the best team on the grid.

I can't wait to see it Alonso goes back to Renult, and i hope they keep Kovelinen (Sp?) alongside him as they will be a force next year along with the BMWs. If alonso leaves i hope Rosberg goes to Mcclaren to show Hamilton how its done. Fastest of the slower guys. He's good, very good.
    Haha this is very true, shown most obviously at Monaco where he was drifting the back out like I've never seen before. He overdrives that car too much.

BOLD: This is exactly what I think, alright he is a rookie and he has just joined the sport so to be doing this well he has undoubted skill and talent behind the wheel. But c'mon, you'd expect this when he has been groomed by Ron Dennis and McClaren for 9 years! All because he had the balls to go up to Ron at some awards dinner when he was a kid, also because he is in the best car on the grid it's pretty telling. Having said that tho, Alonso is in the same car and he appears to have a cracked a little this year. This has not been the season of a double world champ, but everyone has their off days.

Exactly, Alonso drove for Minardi at one point in his career and most of the top drivers had to work their way up... hell Jenson Button is still working his way up. Ah yeah defro, if Alonso goes I suspect it will be Renault taking him back and yeh Kovalinen would be a good team mate for him, he's good. Fisi should just retire now haha. Oh yeah, fair play... interesting thought. I'd REALLY like to see JB in McClaren to see what he can really do, but as he has (stupidly?) signed himself up again for Honda I guess thas out of the question. Rosberg is sick fast, although not so much this season. Kubica has kinda showed him up a few times.

Yous getting up early for the race on Sunday?
    Piercings:

Body:
    PA 4mm

Facebook
    DnB Project Myspace

The Gp today. AHAHAHHAHAHA @ Hamilton. Come-on. You have no grip, radio the team and TELL them to let you have a pit stop, in the long run it will make you faster. And why race kimi? He was no threat. And why overtake Trulli into the pits. God rookie mistakes all round today. He had pride at stake, and he blew it. Arse.

Heres a not so trickey one, whos better: Vettel or Hamilton. The answer is obvious. Who can get an Ex Minardi up to 4th place, and come back from a 5 place grid drop and last weeks fuji accident. Get Hamilton out of the Mclaren and into a Toro-rosso and then see what he can do. Vettel should be snapped up by one of the big 3 (or 4) soon enough. He has raw talent that Hamilton does not have.

Also, poor Kubica :(. I hope next season his luck improves, he has had a rotten one this year.
    James.

HAHAHA I couldn't help but laugh as well. That was a rookie error by the whole team!! I couldn't believe they didn't pull him in a lap earlier when he started sliding around instead they "waited until it was absolutely necessary".... errr boya, that was a lap ago.. DOH. Really even if they were waiting see if it rained again, any tired they put him on woulda been faster than those inters.

Yeh exactly, there was no need to race Kimi anywhere near that hard, he should have just let him go, Kimi was on knackered tires as well anyway. Faaaar too fast into the pit lane entrance and what happens... oh he can't turn, what a surprise! Pretty unlucky that the only place they still have gravel traps is the pitlane entrance but even if it had of been tarmac I'm not sure he would have been able to top/turn anyway. So now down to Brazil with 3 people in with a chance of the championship... can Hamilton do it now?

Hahah yeh what a drive by Vettel, he has to be driver of the day for me, to come back from punting Webber in the arse last weekend and then to finish 4th is incredible. He may have had something to prove this weekend, by my god did he do it well. Hah yeh, that would be interesting, having started at the top if the McLaren have poor pace next year, what will he do... get frustrated I imagine.

Yeah he has, he's a good driver as well, can be bloody quick. With more experience in F1 tho he will come good. Good race for ol JB as well, started 10th, dropped down at one point to 15th, worked his way back up to 5th then had to have a pit-stop which dropped him back down again, then in the end finished 5th... good work son. I really hope he has a better season next year, he properly deserves it.
    Piercings:

Body:
    PA 4mm

Facebook
    DnB Project Myspace