Thread: RANDOMNESS: Talk about your day

Scarred_pierced

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    Don't be silly, you're practically part of the furniture!
    Yeah I know but it's just when certain members start taking the piss out of personal posts on here and talk about them on facebook it kinda makes you apprehensive. I mean the reason why we post here is often because it doesn't involve the people we actually know and we can vent, hopefully without being judged but unfortunately the internet excuse comes out and we are to accept that it's supposed to be ok for people to be horrible on the internet because it's public. Not forgetting that anyone can post and can post whatever they life, yet when someone decides to turn that against you, it makes the whole argument null because why attack something they have put on a public forum where anything can be discussed if you are going to use the same excuse to justify shooting someone down on the internet.
    If that makes any sense.

Last night at like 9pm my flatmate randomly told me she's dropping out of uni. We have 5 weeks left until we finish our degree... She's done like 90% of the degree already, and is dropping out now with 5 weeks to go.

So this morning she moved out. She's left some of her stuff here because it wouldn't all fit in her mum's car, but she'll come get that in a few weeks.

But yeah... I had about 12 hours notice that my flatmate (who is also one of my best friends, and I thought that she could talk to me about this kinda shit!) was dropping out of uni and moving out.

It's so fucking weird. I don't know how to feel about this. I feel slightly betrayed to be honest that she couldn't talk to me about it, because it sounds like she'd been thinking about it for a while.

On the bright side, I now live on my own. For the next 6 weeks at least, I have a flat all to myself. And also, I'm the clean one... so I finally live in a CLEAN flat

Mixed feelings about this shit.

Wow.
    Left Ear: 3 x Lobe, Helix, Tragus, Forward helix (Remnant of a Scaffold)
    Right Ear: Rook, 3 x Lobe, Auricle, Conch
    Other: Tongue, Navel
    Retired: Thumb Web, L. Tragus, Botched VCH :(, Back hole of Scaffold.
    Future: Uncertain

Scarred_pierced

Wow that's really strange, did she give a reason why she is dropping out?? Had she spoken to you in previous weeks about how her course was going? That is really random to just decide so close to the end, I've been close to doing the same but there are only a few weeks left so whats a few weeks compared to a 3 year course!

Kinda. She said that she's had stomach aches for months and that they're getting too much. But to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it was diet related. She lives off like 2 litres of full sugar coke, cakes, frosties and ben and jerries. That's not an exageration - that is literally all she seems to eat. Also, I've lived with her for 8 months and she's never mentioned stomach aches ever. Plus her first exam is meant to be on monday and she hasn't started revision... you don't just sit there watching tv for days and not revise when you KNOW you've got an exam coming up, so I'm pretty sure she's been considering it for a while.

There's a group of four of us that are really close and we were all totally shocked - she'd not mentioned it to any of us. It's such a major decision... I can't imagine just keeping that to myself.

It's so weird. Urgh.

I can walk around the flat naked now though, which is nice :P haha
    Left Ear: 3 x Lobe, Helix, Tragus, Forward helix (Remnant of a Scaffold)
    Right Ear: Rook, 3 x Lobe, Auricle, Conch
    Other: Tongue, Navel
    Retired: Thumb Web, L. Tragus, Botched VCH :(, Back hole of Scaffold.
    Future: Uncertain

Going to look at two apartments to rent for university next year. I'm trying to get homework done, but I'm pretty excited to go look at them.
    Have:
    lobes

Want:
    lobes x2
    helix
    tragus
    nose
    rook
    navel
    Retired:
    left helix

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Hello! I feel like I haven't been on in ages!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Hello! I feel like I haven't been on in ages!
    Hello lovely, missed you! x
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I've missed loads of people! Some more than others haha!
    Been so many times I've thought 'ohh I'll ask the girls on the forum' and then realised I couldn't get on! :( for whatever reason the forum won't let me sign on on my phone
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

So I'm new here, and since I don't have 5 posts it won't let me post an intro thread yet, I'm trying to get up to 5 posts! Random enough? hahaha

I'm glad to be home

Now eating mini eggs and drinking coffee in my dressing gown, in utter peace and quiet.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue