Thread: RANDOMNESS: Talk about your day

^ It's a UK-based website (as you can see by the spelling of "jewellery.") There aren't many from the US on here... I think most of us just stumbled upon it through Google when researching piercing/stretching or looking for jewelry. This is the best piercing forum I have ever been on by far, so I'm glad I found it!
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

I didnt know you spelt jewellery different, How odd.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

How do americans spell jewellery then?

This reminds me of an Eddie Izzard quote about the difference between american and british pronunciation...

They say oreeegano, we say oregaaano. They say bay-sil, we say bah-sil. They say 'erbs, and we say hhherbs. Cos there's a fucking H in it
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Jewelry or something isn't it?
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Well I seem to have failed at doing anything useful today (unless you count eating too much and watching a s**t load of Futurama). Need to revise more!
    Last edited by IckleNatStar; 01-18-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

Boring day till my mother in law came and then we had some family fun!
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    Jewelry or something isn't it?
    That is exactly how we say it in america and the pronunciation that Anne used is also correct for some of the words we use. Our schools teach us that is how things are, most of us figure it out and its hard to change your brains way of doing things after its been beat in there with 12 plus years of school and people tend to look at us like we're stupid when we try to do it right. Some things they teach us in history classes are also missing pieces of information and stuff so when we look it up we find out lots of other stuff.....its just crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    ^ It's a UK-based website (as you can see by the spelling of "jewellery.") There aren't many from the US on here... I think most of us just stumbled upon it through Google when researching piercing/stretching or looking for jewelry. This is the best piercing forum I have ever been on by far, so I'm glad I found it!
    Lindsay is correct, I am also from the US as she is and a slim few others on this forum but I am glad I found this forum, the people on here are great to talk to and offer really helpful advice or just someone else to talk to when you need it. They are friends from another place, that we've never met with different points of views just like everyone else from all walks of life and its great.....

It's wierd, when you're under 18 you pray nowhere will ID you . . .as soon as you've over that age, and people don't ID you, you just feel old xD. Haha, shouldn't complain really, if I get ID'd i'm annoyed that I look young.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I haven't been ID'd in aaaaaaages. Well, I am approaching 30 :(
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue