Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC this saturday woooooo

Randy Couture and Michael Bisping are in different weight categories at the moment though Although Couture might get greedy and drop down so he can have a go at the light heavyweight title again

Blood just makes fights more interesting It's ridiculous how much some fighters get paid - I read that for his last fight Tito Ortiz got $200,000 just for turning up, and he would've got double that if he won.
    Last edited by archon_113; 09-05-2007 at 06:04 PM.

Yeh i mean generally speaking fighting aint a good thing so why pay people that much to do it and encourage it!? Does make for good viewing tho!
    Current - 4x lobes, 2xtragus, conch, rook, & labret
    Retired - 2x lobes, tragus & anti-tragus, septum
    Ink - Emily the strange & 3 cats on my back and ankle

It's funny how you hardly ever hear anyone complain about boxing or wrestling, but as soon as you combine the two................

Very rarely does anyone actually get severely beaten up (it's generally only if they're severely outclassed in a fight), and it's a highly skilled sport. UFC fighters are arguably some of the greatest athletes in the world - maintaining that level of intensity for 25 minutes at a time requires such incredible fitness levels and most people just don't realise that these guys aren't the same people who go out to bars or in the street looking for fights.

Quote Originally Posted by archon_113 View Post
    It's funny how you hardly ever hear anyone complain about boxing or wrestling, but as soon as you combine the two................

Very rarely does anyone actually get severely beaten up (it's generally only if they're severely outclassed in a fight), and it's a highly skilled sport. UFC fighters are arguably some of the greatest athletes in the world - maintaining that level of intensity for 25 minutes at a time requires such incredible fitness levels and most people just don't realise that these guys aren't the same people who go out to bars or in the street looking for fights.

Paying to watch someone get punched and kicked repeatedly in the head is not right.

End of really.

Ah yes the uncounterable "end of" line

Who are you to judge what is and isn't right, and on what grounds have you based your decision that MMA "is not right"?

u obviously aint seen ufc mate
    www.myspace.com/38393485

metal up ur arse

Quote Originally Posted by G_diablo View Post
    u obviously aint seen ufc mate

No.

I've seen it, I've watched quite a few matches.

The ref never stops it fast enough.

I agree they are fit.

I agree they are professional.

It's human cock fighting though.

It's exactly the same style of fighting we now see on the streets of the world.

Carry on laying into someone once they are on the floor, was never like that even just 5 years ago.

Whoever gets true enjoyment out of seeing people being hit repeatedly in the face to the point of nose fractured and eye socket fractures, needs to seriously take a look at themselves.

You obviously weren't paying very close attention to the matches you saw then........

Fighters aren't allowed to continue beating on someone who's lying unconscious on the floor - as soon as one of the fighters becomes unable to defend themselves effectively, the fight is stopped. Yes there are injuries, but you get more injuries in something like football, which is supposedly non-violent.

Also it's not necessarily people getting beaten up that is the entertaining part. A lot of UFC fans are martial artists themselves, and it's amazing to see the skill levels of people who are truly at the top of their game. I might think my kicks are improving, but then I can take a look at Mirko Crop Cop or Georges St. Pierre and see just how much further I can take them.

Oh and one more thing - if you think MMA is "exactly the same style of fighting we now see on the streets of the world" then you've never seen or been involved in a street fight. You know why the UFC has rules like no biting, eye gouging, strikes to the groin, kicks to the head of a downed opponent, etc? It's to stop it becoming the sort of fight where people use those sort of dirty tactics to win. They're entirely necessary in a street fight, but that's not what MMA is - it's all about skill.

i dont see many technical street fights these days. more like shoot em ups. unless the public all have a black belts in jujitsu
    www.myspace.com/38393485

metal up ur arse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12