Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby Worldcup 2007

Burger may be banned for SA against us..... good news.... but then we might have vickery banned. hmm.

announcing england team for friday soon.... wonder if theyll decide to play jonny.
    Piercings:
    Right Ear: Lobe x 2 (1.2), Helix (1.2), Conch (1.6)
    Left Ear: Lobe x 2 (1.2), Tragus (1.2)
    Retired:
    Nose

Wearing a black denim straight jacket with silver and purple glitter all over!
    (made by the lovely debbie!!)

That'll definately hinder them more than us. I'd rather lose a dodgey, plodding prop like Vickery than a world class, if albeit slightly psychotic, blindside like Burger.

EDIT: I also reckon if Wilko's fit they should play him at 10 and more Olly Barkley into centre. And move Cueto back onto the wing and Lewsey into full-back.
    Last edited by Hazzard; 09-11-2007 at 11:52 AM.

id personally like robinson at full back.... but yeah might aswell play jonny at stand off until he gets another injury... haha

and vickery is our captain.... not good for team moral etc. to have him banned..... the plonker.
    Last edited by FakeFlower; 09-11-2007 at 12:04 PM. Reason: cos of dodgy wording
    Piercings:
    Retired:
    Nose

England team to play South Africa in Stade de France, Friday 14 September: Robinson, Lewsey, Noon, Catt, Sackey; Barkley, Perry; Sheridan, Regan, Vickery (capt); Shaw, Kay; Corry, Rees, Easter. Replacements: Chuter, Stevens, Borthwick, Moody, Gomarsall, Farrell, TBA.

there is the team! and robinson at full back.... same wavelength and all.
    find out this afternoon if vickery is banned or not, so for now he's in team.

and no jonny...
    Piercings:
    Retired:
    Nose

vickery is banned for 2 games.... not sure about burger yet... hmmm.

and yeah heard about barkley earlier.... i think hodgson is a good player they could bring in.... but then theyd have to send someone else home.

or i was reading they may consider farrell or catt for stand off. both i think would make an alright job of it.
    Piercings:
    Retired:
    Nose

Farrel as a fly? Sounds interesting... I'd have loads more faith with Catt there as he has sooooo much more experience at the game.

I agree with you about Hodgson though, everyone says how rubbish he is because of his tempremental place kicking, but he's really good at open play so would be a good choice if they flew him over.

Or Andy Goode the pieman, he makes me laugh. Not really good enough for international rugby, although he's immense for Leicester.

farrell is playing stand off apparently...

shaun edwards has faith in him.... and i have faith in shaun edwards.... haha.

Farrell will also be kicking so hopefully he's not lost his magic touch because in his days at wigan he was an awesome goal kicker.

oooooh im all excited about this game, as i was working last saturday and only got home for second half....
    Piercings:
    Retired:
    Nose

I assume you've heard that Berger has been banned for four games methinks. Not that it matters, because unless our forwards provide quick ball and our backs run decent lines we're screwed.

hmmm bad start for england

ouch.