Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby Worldcup 2007

Japan FTW!

New Zealand society and culture totally revolves around rugby... our first game is against Italy, 11.40am NZ time, and you can guarantee that literally half the country will be up watching it. My mum's staying up to watch, no doubt she'll be screaming at the TV so we'll all hear it.

Seriously, NZ goes so overboard when it comes to rugby. We're hosting in 2011, and it's practically all we're going to hear about till then. I enjoy watching it, but with the constant hype, I'm not going to be too sorry when the World Cup ends... but we'd better win!

EDIT: 1 min 5 secs into the game - NZ has scored a try and converted it. Haha, I wonder how this game's going to go.
    Last edited by taters; 09-08-2007 at 01:52 PM.
    Katie

Proud owner of a black silk straitjacket with silver stars and moons all over, courtesy of the wonderful Pagan Debbie.

My parents were over in NZ visiting relatives recently and they said that the only people in NZ who dont play rugby are 3yr old girls with sicknotes... I think that may explain why their team is so good.
    My life of piracy was so profitable that I can retire and spend my days eating fruit.
    Wearing a navy blue duffle style straight jacket with big toggle fasteners and made of 100% new wool.
    Carrots are the banana of the vegetable world.

Scotland FTW.
    or well Ireland i suppose but scotland ftw then ireland
    Right Ear: Tunnels&Lobe
    Left Ear:
    Tunnels&Lobe.

Oral: 5Tongue&Labret.
    Surface: Microdrmal.
    Wishlist: VCH!
    Retired: Eyebrow. Tongue. 4Helix. 2InnerDaith. Smiley. LeftLip.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate_bob View Post
    My parents were over in NZ visiting relatives recently and they said that the only people in NZ who dont play rugby are 3yr old girls with sicknotes... I think that may explain why their team is so good.
    I've actually never ever played rugby, believe it or not... more kids play soccer for clubs than rugby I think, and we were only allowed to play touch rugby in PE, never tackle. However, being in the school 1st XV rugby side makes you a demi-god within the school. Stupid rugby boys.
    Katie

Proud owner of a black silk straitjacket with silver stars and moons all over, courtesy of the wonderful Pagan Debbie.

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

mmmmmmmmmmm rugby players!!! Thats what i call attractive hehehehe
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

not the Portugese ones though... well i didnt think so.
    My life of piracy was so profitable that I can retire and spend my days eating fruit.
    Wearing a navy blue duffle style straight jacket with big toggle fasteners and made of 100% new wool.

Yay Scotland won wheeeee!!!!! It'll all go terribly wrong from here on in...

No, I think we should beat Romania... then it will go horribly wrong, starting with the match against NZ.

The problem is, is that Scotland only have four days rest before Italy after playing the All Blacks whereas Italy themselves have a weeks rest I think after playing Portugal. Fair.

I'm not sure if Scotland will even reach the quarter finals.