Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Worldcup 2007

Quote Originally Posted by The Outmode View Post
    In the football euro qualifiers this year, Scotland have beaten the world champions home and away, yet i see more footage of the england team training than i do of any of those games......
    You obviously weren't paying attention this evening then. As for your comment about the England football team being 'woeful'........aside from the Russia match (which we only lost because of a penalty being given for incident that was neither a foul nor inside the area), we've got a 12-0 record from our last 4 matches. That seems like a pretty good statistic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by archon_113 View Post
    You obviously weren't paying attention this evening then. As for your comment about the England football team being 'woeful'........aside from the Russia match (which we only lost because of a penalty being given for incident that was neither a foul nor inside the area), we've got a 12-0 record from our last 4 matches. That seems like a pretty good statistic to me.
    I paid enough attention to see that England are woeful at the minute, they never once looked like winning that game.. As for complaining about the penalty, yeah, fair enough it was never a penalty, but rooney was offside when he scored which if both goals were cancelled out would still make it 1-0 to Russia....England have some of the world's best individual players yet they are struggling to qualify from a group that includes Estonia, Macedonia, Andorra and Israel.

As for paying attention....they have a 14-0 record from the last 4 before the Russia game.

3-0 against Estonia
    3-0 against Russia
    3-0 against Israel
    5-0 against Andorra
    But bear in mind they could only manage a 0-0 draw with Macedonia?!? a 0-0 draw with Israel?!?! and a 2-0 defeat to Croatia.

England are in one of the easiest groups and at the minute qualification is out of their own hands! They are performing well below their potential and quite frankly are brutal to watch.

P.S - In my last post i said world cup holders....i meaant world cup finalists! shoot me with a massive gun!

Anyway....were completely off topic now....
    PEIRCINGS:
    SNAKE BITES 1.6
    SEPTUM 1.6
    BOTH LOBES STRETCHED 20MM
    TATTOOS:
    A FEW
    SPORTING A TARTAN STRAIGHT JACKET COMPLETE WITH METAL SPORRAN MADE BY DEBBIE.

They were in control for the entire match except for the 5 minutes where they conceeded two goals, but they failed to score. And well done for looking up all of England's previous results, that certainly makes you look more intelligent. If you're just going to continue to whine about England getting more media coverage than Scotland, there's not much point in continuing this conversation.

Anyone watching the playoff tonight?
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Present - 2x earlobe, rook, 3x VCH, 2.4mm tongue, daith, nose, conch

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

I am! Although I don't really care who wins it- whooo, Argentina just scored! Heh, I'll laugh if they beat France again.

They were in control for the entire match except for the 5 minutes where they conceeded two goals, but they failed to score. And well done for looking up all of England's previous results, that certainly makes you look more intelligent. If you're just going to continue to whine about England getting more media coverage than Scotland, there's not much point in continuing this conversation.
    I know because i follow football, nothing to do with being more intelligent, i watched the game and it was fairly even IN MY OPINION.....

if your not happy having a debate about British sport and listening to other people's opionions then thats fine......it won't quash my opinion.

I still hope england lose, doesn't matter if they do or don't. the world is still gunna turn and i'll still have my opinion wether you agree with it or not.
    PEIRCINGS:
    SNAKE BITES 1.6
    SEPTUM 1.6
    BOTH LOBES STRETCHED 20MM
    TATTOOS:
    A FEW
    SPORTING A TARTAN STRAIGHT JACKET COMPLETE WITH METAL SPORRAN MADE BY DEBBIE.

They were in control for the entire match except for the 5 minutes where they conceeded two goals, but they failed to score.
    That's not a sign of a very good team. You've actually got to be able to do something with the posession you have. But anyway, lets keep this thread about RUGBY.

its the finals tonight, is it at 8 on itv?

Yep, 8pm ITV... where is everyone going to be watching it? I'll probably be in the pub.
    My life of piracy was so profitable that I can retire and spend my days eating fruit.
    Wearing a navy blue duffle style straight jacket with big toggle fasteners and made of 100% new wool.
    Carrots are the banana of the vegetable world.

Chances are they'll beat us again, but whichever way it goes I hope it's a good match.