Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Worldcup 2007

i dont think commentary can be "british"?!?! they are what nationality they are.... and like i said theyve had many different nationalities on the coverage. and theyre all rooting for their own teams.
    Piercings:
    Right Ear: Lobe x 2 (1.2), Helix (1.2), Conch (1.6)
    Left Ear: Lobe x 2 (1.2), Tragus (1.2)
    Retired:
    Nose

Wearing a black denim straight jacket with silver and purple glitter all over!
    (made by the lovely debbie!!)

Basically you'll never understand what it's like because your not from Scotland. If you ask anyone up here why they don't want England to win anything, they will tell you it's because they hate England. If you ask them why they hate England, 99% of them will tell you it's because we will have to put up with English commentators for 20-30 years to come, going on about it! It's nothing to do with the English team, and it's nothing to do with being bitter! hell, i was glad we even made it to the quarters!
    If it was Wales or Ireland in the final i can garuntee that most people up here would be rooting for them because they know we won't be hearing about it week in week out for the next century! which also shows it's not about bitterness that we didn't get through.
    The media in Britain is so biased towards England it's untrue!
    PEIRCINGS:
    SNAKE BITES 1.6
    SEPTUM 1.6
    BOTH LOBES STRETCHED 20MM
    TATTOOS:
    A FEW
    SPORTING A TARTAN STRAIGHT JACKET COMPLETE WITH METAL SPORRAN MADE BY DEBBIE.

Quote Originally Posted by FakeFlower View Post
    i dont think commentary can be "british"?!?! they are what nationality they are.... and like i said theyve had many different nationalities on the coverage. and theyre all rooting for their own teams.
    The commentary on the tv is the same for everyone in the UK... Scotland doesnt have its own commentary and neither does Wales, or Northern Ireland... we all have to listen to the ITV commentary. In that respect it is British commentary. The same goes for the 'national news'... the one for example, shown at 6pm on the BBC before the regional news broadcasts. The SE of England and England in general gets priority over any other area.
    It should be unbiased, and the fact is that far too much emphasis is put on the English teams. It's flipping annoying.

I have no problem with England... but when it comes to sport I really hope you lose. I wont appologise for that.
    My life of piracy was so profitable that I can retire and spend my days eating fruit.
    Wearing a navy blue duffle style straight jacket with big toggle fasteners and made of 100% new wool.
    Carrots are the banana of the vegetable world.

even if we lose, we still got further than u...ha ha
    www.myspace.com/38393485

metal up ur arse

Quote Originally Posted by G_diablo View Post
    even if we lose, we still got further than u...ha ha
    Piercings:
    Right Ear: Lobe x 2 (1.2), Helix (1.2), Conch (1.6)
    Left Ear: Lobe x 2 (1.2), Tragus (1.2)
    Retired:
    Nose

Wearing a black denim straight jacket with silver and purple glitter all over!
    (made by the lovely debbie!!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Outmode View Post
    Basically you'll never understand what it's like because your not from Scotland. If you ask anyone up here why they don't want England to win anything, they will tell you it's because they hate England. If you ask them why they hate England, 99% of them will tell you it's because we will have to put up with English commentators for 20-30 years to come, going on about it! It's nothing to do with the English team, and it's nothing to do with being bitter! hell, i was glad we even made it to the quarters!
    If it was Wales or Ireland in the final i can garuntee that most people up here would be rooting for them because they know we won't be hearing about it week in week out for the next century! which also shows it's not about bitterness that we didn't get through.
    The media in Britain is so biased towards England it's untrue!
    Do you wonder why the media focuses on the England team more than any other? When was the last time Scotland won anything worth talking about? The majority of the commentators are English, and most of them are ex-rugby players, so it's hardly surprising they want to talk about the England rugby team. And what country wouldn't want to celebrate its team winning the world cup? You can hardly criticise the media on that front, especially if we are the first to win 2 consecutive rugby world cups.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate_bob View Post
    The same goes for the 'national news'... the one for example, shown at 6pm on the BBC before the regional news broadcasts. The SE of England and England in general gets priority over any other area.
    It should be unbiased, and the fact is that far too much emphasis is put on the English teams. It's flipping annoying.
    About 1/4 of the UK's population lives in SE England, which is probably why there are more news stories from there than anywhere else.

i think the gods are smiling down on the anti-england sport fans here.
    england just lost against fricken russia and most likely, out of the euro championship..
    im talkin bout the footie
    www.myspace.com/38393485

metal up ur arse

I'm not sure about ITV, but the commentators for the Six Nations on the BBC are from each of the four home nations. And I have to say Jonathan Davies is the worst of the four, he's so biased it's unbelievable. So your commentary theory is flawed being as the world cup only happens every four years as apposed to the Six Nations which is every year.

It doesn't make a difference how well a country is doing....the England football team are woeful at the minute yet we still get more coverage of them from the 'British' media than the Scotland team up here who are actually playing well above their capabilities.

Should other British countries miss out on decent unbiased coverage about their team just because England is the biggest and most succesful home nation?!
    PEIRCINGS:
    SNAKE BITES 1.6
    SEPTUM 1.6
    TATTOOS:
    A FEW

Quote Originally Posted by archon_113 View Post
    Do you wonder why the media focuses on the England team more than any other? When was the last time Scotland won anything worth talking about? .
    In the football euro qualifiers this year, Scotland have beaten the world champions home and away, yet i see more footage of the england team training than i do of any of those games......
    PEIRCINGS:
    SNAKE BITES 1.6
    SEPTUM 1.6
    TATTOOS:
    A FEW