Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Worldcup 2007

Quote Originally Posted by pirate_bob View Post
    Thats pretty much my reason for wanting England to lose.
    It's the same for most people outside of England, they ruin it for everyone else.

You'll be watching the womans under 12's water polo world cup and the commentator will say "and can they emulate the england 2007 rugby world cup squad and come back from the brink! this woman is their johnny wilkinson!!"
    PEIRCINGS:
    SNAKE BITES 1.6
    SEPTUM 1.6
    BOTH LOBES STRETCHED 20MM
    TATTOOS:
    A FEW
    SPORTING A TARTAN STRAIGHT JACKET COMPLETE WITH METAL SPORRAN MADE BY DEBBIE.

well i personally think thats a rubbish reason for not wanting one of the home nations to win.

come on england.
    Piercings:
    Right Ear: Lobe x 2 (1.2), Helix (1.2), Conch (1.6)
    Left Ear: Lobe x 2 (1.2), Tragus (1.2)
    Retired:
    Nose

Wearing a black denim straight jacket with silver and purple glitter all over!
    (made by the lovely debbie!!)

Hard to believe Chabal is barely 30
    You've got to be kidding? That is hard to believe. I'm depressed France lost as no more Michalak =(

england to win.
    but south africa have the fastest player in rugby apparantly.
    he ran against a cheetah and obviously lost but by a whisker...eeeek. ha
    www.myspace.com/38393485

metal up ur arse

• What’s the difference between the all blacks and a tea bag? a tea bag stays in the cup longer.
    • Heard about the new All Blacks bra? All support and no cup
    • What do you call 15 guys sitting around the T.V. watching the Rugby World Cup final? The All Blacks
    Hehehehe.

i take it ur an all black fan..
    www.myspace.com/38393485

metal up ur arse

Quote Originally Posted by The Outmode View Post
    I want RSA to win and it's not because i dislike the England team....It's beacause the English commentators and media will never stop talking about it.....jesus! were still hearing about '66 everytime the english football team play! They ruin everything about English sport! If another British nation won it, it would be about how great this win was for Britain etc but if England win it's always about how great it is for England!
    I get annoyed when football commentators go on about 1966 all the time, but it's a bit different with the rugby seeing as we actually won the last world cup competition And did you hear anyone saying how great it was for Britain when Wales got a grandslam at the six nations in 2005? No, you didn't. Stop being so bitter because your team didn't make it past the quarter-finals and come up with a better reason not to like England.

Quote Originally Posted by archon_113 View Post
    I get annoyed when football commentators go on about 1966 all the time, but it's a bit different with the rugby seeing as we actually won the last world cup competition And did you hear anyone saying how great it was for Britain when Wales got a grandslam at the six nations in 2005? No, you didn't. Stop being so bitter because your team didn't make it past the quarter-finals and come up with a better reason not to like England.
    It's not a case of being bitter... what is it people dont get about that. The commentary and media are sooooo biased towards england that it is genuinely extremely irritating when they win anything. Yes, it is so bad that people outside of England hope for them to fail so that we dont have to put up with it.
    My life of piracy was so profitable that I can retire and spend my days eating fruit.
    Wearing a navy blue duffle style straight jacket with big toggle fasteners and made of 100% new wool.
    Carrots are the banana of the vegetable world.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate_bob View Post
    It's not a case of being bitter... what is it people dont get about that. The commentary and media are sooooo biased towards england that it is genuinely extremely irritating when they win anything. Yes, it is so bad that people outside of England hope for them to fail so that we dont have to put up with it.
    the english commentary and the english media?!?! what do you expect! of course they want their country to win

And i think itv have done well at getting someone from opposition teams on their coverage for pre/post match and half time discussion.
    Piercings:
    Right Ear: Lobe x 2 (1.2), Helix (1.2), Conch (1.6)
    Left Ear: Lobe x 2 (1.2), Tragus (1.2)
    Retired:
    Nose

Wearing a black denim straight jacket with silver and purple glitter all over!
    (made by the lovely debbie!!)

No, its the BRITISH commentary and the BRITISH media.
    My life of piracy was so profitable that I can retire and spend my days eating fruit.
    Wearing a navy blue duffle style straight jacket with big toggle fasteners and made of 100% new wool.
    Carrots are the banana of the vegetable world.