Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse riding

I'm going to see Galaxy on monday! I can't wait.

I miss horse riding :(

Kinda the only thing I was ever good at...

I went to see Galaxy, MEGA let down.

I'm still searching for a new pony.

Quote Originally Posted by si_tragedy View Post
    I went to see Galaxy, MEGA let down.
    Why? Lol i'm being nosy :P

Quite alright, he was a plodder, I tried to get him to do trotting poles, he tripped 3 times in a 8 line!
    He was slow, out of form, didn't listen to basic instructions, was obviously taught heavy handedly (that's not a word...) because to get him to move I really had to kick, and I felt so bad.

Yeah, know what you mean. It's horrible when you see people having to boot their horses to make them trot.

Good luck horsey hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by si_tragedy View Post
    Quite alright, he was a plodder, I tried to get him to do trotting poles, he tripped 3 times in a 8 line!
    He was slow, out of form, didn't listen to basic instructions, was obviously taught heavy handedly (that's not a word...) because to get him to move I really had to kick, and I felt so bad.
    Sorry to hear it...my last horse was only the third I looked at, so I was quite lucky.

The first was a 6yr old Han x TB mare, in the ad it said "loves hunting, taken out by 13yr old girl". I went to see her and this young girl said that the owner wasn't there but she could ride her to show me. She then proceeded to plod round on her on a slack rein for about 5 laps of the school, before doing the same in trot. Then she said that she'd never actually jumped her. And she had a really swollen fetlock. I didn't even bother trying her.

The second was a 6yr old DWB x TB mare, hadn't been ridden for 6 months. e got there and her eye was half shut, and she told me that she'd got fly repellant in it earlier. There was no running water in the field she was in, and they had to get bottled water they'd been using for the dog bowl. Anyway I got on her, walked and trotted round in this tiny field, and then the woman told me that I could go abit further down but there were stallions running loose!

I don't have any pics of Kaifoon to hand, as I had him way before I had a digital camera....and I don't have a scanner. I will do at some point though, he was beautiful!

Lolly 14.2 Anglo-Arab. I've been riding for most of my life, got lolly about 4-5 years ago though
    I've not ridden in ages, i just wish something could get me motivated again! I realllly want to move yards. eurgh.

All that shines,
    Turns to rust.
    All that stands, in time
    Turns to dust.

She's GORGEOUS!
    You have to start riding again!

she IS nice, what have you done with her? I have a crabbet Arab, but I don't do much riding since my ankle problem of a couple of years ago.. I tell everyone that Rain pushed me out of the horsebox. I miss riding, I have no-one to ride with..