Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse riding

This are the pictures I got sent by Galaxy's owner. Apparently they are quite old, from when he was about 8, he is now 10.

I'm not quite sure how high that jump is, but I know he can jump 4ft+! He is a very pretty boy, and gets quite dark in the winter. I like dark horses.

I don't think you can really see the Hanoverian in him, but he has a very dignified sports horse look about him.

Awww...he looks lovely!!! I will look for photos of philly to show you! I think she had the hanoverian look about her!
    Current - 4x lobes, 2xtragus, conch, rook, & labret
    Retired - 2x lobes, tragus & anti-tragus, septum
    Ink - Emily the strange & 3 cats on my back and ankle

One day, I will get a pure Hanoverian, with that gorgeous Havoverian stance.

SI_Tragedy,

Beautiful Horse!!

I've ridden off & on thoughout childhood & occassionaly as an adult...Now I volunteer with a group that conducts hippotherapy! Some of the kids are very stunted developmentally & sometimes seem terrified, but to see the excitement in their eyes makes it all worth the effort that I put into it.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    My Piercings: 2--> Both Nipples - Spiked Horseshoes

My Tattoos: 3--> Fox Racing & Children's initials on back, Flaming Browning Deer on Left Shoulder, & Wifey's name in place of wedding band

I have a purebred Crabbet Arab, bought her at 4 days, took her home at 6 months, backed her myself and she's now 10. The idea was for me to do endurance, and though sadly she's up for it, I didnt take into account that I wasnt...She gets ridden regularly, but its not the same somehow... I also have a 29 year old rescue Arab/new forest, and Rain and Reiyuu keep their two horses on my land too... So I have 4 in all..I hate winter when they all come in

yeah mucking out is a nightmare in the winter...my last 2 stayed indoors all year round but winter still seemed worse!
    At the yard i worked at at one point we had 22 stabled horses and had me and one other girl to do the stable work-it was exhausting! I never even got paid to do it!!! The things we do when we are 12 eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by imanindividual-justlikeu View Post
    yeah mucking out is a nightmare in the winter...my last 2 stayed indoors all year round but winter still seemed worse!
    At the yard i worked at at one point we had 22 stabled horses and had me and one other girl to do the stable work-it was exhausting! I never even got paid to do it!!! The things we do when we are 12 eh?!
    yeah, I bet you were fit though...

Yeh...shame it didnt last tho! There are only 4 stabled horses now...the rest are out in the field. Mind you its a fair trek if they are at the top of the field!

Ok here are some photos! (im sure i will have posted them on here before but never mind!)

Thats my 3rd horse Justice, 16.3 ThoroughbredxID. I look tiny on her but i was only 13 when i first got her! She was a proper ginger beast!

Thats Philly, 16.2 Hanoverian, acing a showjumping competition...the fences were too small for her!

And this is Raf, 17hh Throughbred x at his first x-country that i took him to. He was a star and jumped everything first time!

You're right, Philly does have that Hanoverian look.
    But I'm in love with Raf!
    I love greys, but have never had the pleasure to own one!
    He is gorgeous.
    What was he crossed with? Looks a bit warmblood-ish to me.