Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse riding

I used to ride but I have recently started carriage driving after a break from horses (I had some bad experiences and really lost my confidence to get back on a horse). Loving it!
    Piercings: Tongue and Nose
    Retired: Navel and Nipple
    Tattoo: Tribal tattoo on my lower back

My hubby and I are looking for a horse for the kids. I want one about 5 years old and gentle around kids. We found one in the newspaper and by the time I called the horse was already sold. I was bummed out for the rest of the day.
    piercings=5 piercings each ear, naval
    helix left ear
    vch --The best piercing ever
    tattoo= a rose on the ankle

Proud owner of a real white leather with black moo cow spotty bits, with a detachable udder made by Pagan Debbie

i ride, been doing so for bloomin' ages (12 years) and done competitions, mostly show jumping as my old horse was scared of water and fences (actual ones, not jumps) and dressage was not really suited him, plus i must admit it bores me so much. Training to be an instructor though, halfway through my ABRS exams xD
    Retired: Right ear 4th hole, Nostril right side x 2, Helix left ear, Christina , Naval

Current: Lobes x5 left ear Lobes x3 right ear, Reverse navel, Helix left ear x2, Tragus right ear , Nostril left and right, Septum, Tongue, Horizontal Left Nipple, Lip right side, Lip left side, Vertical Right Nipple, Beginnings of an MD chest corset x4

Want: Scaffold right ear, 2x MD's in the dimples in my back, Medusa

Maybe: Monroe, Eyebrow left side

Quote Originally Posted by ringless View Post
    My hubby and I are looking for a horse for the kids. I want one about 5 years old and gentle around kids. We found one in the newspaper and by the time I called the horse was already sold. I was bummed out for the rest of the day.
    If you want one for your kids, 5 year old horses/ponies can't really be trusted!
    I'd consider buying a schoolmaster/veteran horse, one which has lots of experience, is totally bombproof and can teach your kids at the same time, you'd want your kids to be safe right?
    And thanks for the secret santa card btw!

All that shines,
    Turns to rust.
    All that stands, in time
    Turns to dust.

Thanks for the information on a horse. Yes I want my kids to be safe. Someone had told us that 5 year olds were safe. Your welcome for the card. I am glad that you recieved it. That means that I addressed it right.
    helix left ear

Proud owner of a real white leather with black moo cow spotty bits, with a detachable udder made by Pagan Debbie

5 year olds are still young and quite unpredictable though

All that shines,
    Turns to rust.
    All that stands, in time
    Turns to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by another_goth_kid View Post
    5 year olds are still young and quite unpredictable though
    Yeah they are, you want one old enough to know better, but not too old lol.

What age would you recommend? My kids really want a horse. I want one also, but I am not looking forward to the work that one involves. I've been around horses some so I know some of the work that is involved.And I have been doing research on the rest.
    helix left ear

Quote Originally Posted by ringless View Post
    What age would you recommend? My kids really want a horse. I want one also, but I am not looking forward to the work that one involves. I've been around horses some so I know some of the work that is involved.And I have been doing research on the rest.
    you should try to find a good-doer, by that I mean a low-maintenence sort of horse, one which doesn't need lots of feed and can live outside without a rug for most of the year, but he'll need one in december/january time though! It'll cost you less too, i'd say a 8/10 year old cobby type, laid back, but not too lazy!
    And a patient horse has lots of benefits

All that shines,
    Turns to rust.
    All that stands, in time
    Turns to dust.

Id also say something over 8 would be much better than a 5year old