Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Martial Arts

Hey,

I do Tae Kwon Do and its my life! Partly the reason why I havent got as many piercings as I would like!

I have been doing Tae Kwon Do for 3 years and am a Blue Belt Red Stripe, thats 3 belts from Black.

I have sparred in the South East Championships and the British and have many trophies, its a wiked sport! I love fighting! lol

The club wasnt pleased when I got my lip done! opps, oh well.....hehhe

Anyone else do martial arts here!?

Nina

I did carroty, was 1st kyu (the on below black, although I think the way my club worked i was relly like 0.5kyu)

edd (archon) does many.
    Ross
    Once known as ash_scotland88

oo i used to do tae kwan do.. my uncle was a grand master aswell... :]
    current
    12mm lobe
    11mm lobe
    1.6mm tragus
    1.6mm labret
    ink
    star on elbow

I only do one! I just know a bit about quite a few.......

I train in a form of Kung Fu called Zhuan Shu Kuan, which is actually fairly similar to Muay Thai in a lot of the fighting techniques, but it still has a strong traditional element with forms and such, which use a lot of the original techniques such as ridge hand strikes, claw hand strikes and things like that.

MidnightRaven are the competitions you do full contact?

Touch Contact I think, we have head guards etc...I have come away with many facial bruises etc, which is why I am concerned about having more piercings incase they get ripped out!

What country is Zhuan Shu Kuan orginate from? I have never heard of it.

Tae kwon do is korean and my dad trained in Sho Ta Kan when he was a lot younger.

Zhuan Shu Kuan is Chinese but also takes inspiration from TKD - as far as I know techniques like spinning hook/back kicks aren't used in most styles of Kung Fu, but we use them a lot. It's a fairly obscure art and I think the class I go to at Warwick uni is the only one in the country outside London.

Your comment about facial piercings makes it seem like you're allowed to keep them in during sparring.......surely this isn't right?

Quote Originally Posted by archon_113 View Post
    Zhuan Shu Kuan is Chinese but also takes inspiration from TKD - as far as I know techniques like spinning hook/back kicks aren't used in most styles of Kung Fu, but we use them a lot. It's a fairly obscure art and I think the class I go to at Warwick uni is the only one in the country outside London.

Your comment about facial piercings makes it seem like you're allowed to keep them in during sparring.......surely this isn't right?

I have my lip and my ears pierced, we have to take piercings out, but my lip piercing is new so I cant take that out for another...ummmm...2 weeks I think I have left, then I will remove it for sparring. At the moment I can not do any contact sparring, if I do i have to wear a plaster and its at my own risk, but they are very strict about things! They have changed towards me since i got my piercings back! lol

I want to get a surface piercing on my neck, but I know I cant due to Tae Kwon Do...

Ahhh, the spinning kicks! lol The one thing I struggle soooo much with!!! lol

How often do you train?

What piercings do u have? Im interested because I wanna take up kick boxing again but I highly doubht that I could with my piercings..

I'm thinking of taking up Kendo or Akido this year at uni, my mate's joined the Kendo team in Edinburgh and it seems pretty cool.
    Entre rêve et réalité, entre terre et lune, il y a ne petite chanson que je chante pour toi; Parmis les étoiles; parmis les nuages, il y a ton âme qui rêve de moi......

Stay away from aikido if you actually want to be able to fight or defend yourself

As for piercings, I doubt any martial arts club would let you train with any piercings in, although my instructor lets me keep my tongue bar in unless we're doing anything above light contact sparring.

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast