Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by urban_junglist View Post
    even so, it could still get torn out.
    don't go with "probably", cos you're gonna be pretty p**sed off if you've got a rip in your face/ body.
    what sport any way?
    not entirely sure yet, i have played rugby for 10 years as well as judo for about 10 years, jujitsu for a year and about 8 weeks of philipino boxing but haven't done anything for a few years now and want to get involved again.
    Rob <3's you all... except you.

Current
    Labret (1.6), Tongue (9) Septum (6), medusa (1.6), right nipple (1.6), left conch (1.6), right conch (7), vertical lowbret X 2 (1.6), helix (3.2), left lobe (18 & 2.4), right lobe (14)

Retired
    side lip x 3 (1.6), right lobe (6), pinna (1), naval (1.6), bridge (1.6), left nipple (1.6) old stupid black heart tattoo.

Ink -
    some ink...

IAM: NameLess

yeah i wouldn't touch jujitsu with even an earring in.

edit; misleadin type o
    bit late but oh well.
    Last edited by urban_junglist; 07-23-2008 at 12:30 AM.
    Jay
    Is this how we live, or is this how we die?

12mm Left Lobe ^.^
    1.6mm Labret
    1.6mm Septum **NEW**

neither would i. but i don't see how tygon could be ripped out without actually grabbing hold of it and pulling really hard... it wouldn't get caught because there'd be nothing on the end to catch if you know what i mean?
    Rob <3's you all... except you.

Current
    Labret (1.6), Tongue (9) Septum (6), medusa (1.6), right nipple (1.6), left conch (1.6), right conch (7), vertical lowbret X 2 (1.6), helix (3.2), left lobe (18 & 2.4), right lobe (14)

Retired
    side lip x 3 (1.6), right lobe (6), pinna (1), naval (1.6), bridge (1.6), left nipple (1.6) old stupid black heart tattoo.

Ink -
    some ink...

IAM: NameLess

tbh i think you should get an opinion from your sensei/ instructor
    Jay
    Is this how we live, or is this how we die?

12mm Left Lobe ^.^
    1.6mm Labret
    1.6mm Septum **NEW**

Sou capoeirista para vida!

Capoeira is my martial art, part of my life too really. I've been training for 13/4 months now and got my first corda (our version of belts) last year. Our group, Cordao de Ouro Capoeira, has 10 cordas, coloured pure green, green and yellow, pure yellow, yellow and blue, pure blue, green yellow blue and white, white and blue, white and yellow, white and green and finally pure white. Our teacher, Contra-Mestre Parente (who is like an 'almost master') has been training for 17 years and only has his sixth corda. So far in my life I've never seen anyone from anywhere in the world wearing anything higher than a blue and white belt. Not even the guy that started our group was wearing a white belt.

Capoeira has an incredible history and one of the things I love most about practising and playing it is how connected I am to it - my teacher's teacher is called Mestre Suassuna, and his teacher was called Mestre Bimba. Mestre Bimba created modern day capoeira and without him it would still be an illegal art associated with criminals and punishable by having your achilles tendon severed. But with the simple introduction of white uniforms for people to wear, and a more structured class to go to the fascist dictatorship of the 30s in Brasil sanctioned it and made it their national sport.

I could go on and on about the history and living history of capoeira but I won't unless asked.

For those unsure as to just what the hell I'm talking about, click here for highlights of Manchester group's recentish spring meeting.
    Look on bandcamp or myspace for my music musings.

Current left lobe : 2mm

I do karate, and I got a Scaffold over the break. LOL The bloody bar as well :(

Basically I am having to strap it very well and explain to my teacher my piercing :( I'm a black belt so they arn't going to be happy. However I have bought some plastic things to put in place as soon as it heals enough to remove the bar without too much trauma. How long should I wait? Weeks please.

Luckily they won't kick me in the head because of my age.
    Last edited by ImmortalNightmare; 01-04-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Decided to explain a little more and ask for advise.
    Lobes & Scaffold.. Many more to come too ^__^

i did karate when i was younger. it was pretty fun... don't know why i stopped with it. now i'm too old for that (28 lol)

I'm a brown belt in Taekwondo.
    Will a labret stud be okay? I'm thinking it should as we don't generally kick in the face lol.
    Does sweat actually harm fresh piercings? It stings but is it actually bad for them?
    Hey!

I have:
    10X lobes (4X at 10g; 3X cartilage (2X at 4g); tragus; bellybutton; tongue; center lip; eyebrow; microdermal on chest; 2 tattoos

I want:
    another tragus; 1X horizontal hood.

In WTF and ITF taekwondo there is contact to the face, both with kicks and punches. I presume you spar in class? Theres always gonna be a risk of catching a blow in the face. im a black belt 2nd dan in WTF Style and have had my share of hits in the face!
    MILF
    3 helix
    2 lobes 16g
    2 lobes 1g
    tragus
    daith
    lip
    navel
    tongue
    RIP:
    nostril
    smiley
    forward helix

Quote Originally Posted by Povallsky View Post
    Sou capoeirista para vida!

Capoeira is my martial art, part of my life too really. I've been training for 13/4 months now and got my first corda (our version of belts) last year. Our group, Cordao de Ouro Capoeira, has 10 cordas, coloured pure green, green and yellow, pure yellow, yellow and blue, pure blue, green yellow blue and white, white and blue, white and yellow, white and green and finally pure white. Our teacher, Contra-Mestre Parente (who is like an 'almost master') has been training for 17 years and only has his sixth corda. So far in my life I've never seen anyone from anywhere in the world wearing anything higher than a blue and white belt. Not even the guy that started our group was wearing a white belt.

Capoeira has an incredible history and one of the things I love most about practising and playing it is how connected I am to it - my teacher's teacher is called Mestre Suassuna, and his teacher was called Mestre Bimba. Mestre Bimba created modern day capoeira and without him it would still be an illegal art associated with criminals and punishable by having your achilles tendon severed. But with the simple introduction of white uniforms for people to wear, and a more structured class to go to the fascist dictatorship of the 30s in Brasil sanctioned it and made it their national sport.

I could go on and on about the history and living history of capoeira but I won't unless asked.

For those unsure as to just what the hell I'm talking about, click here for highlights of Manchester group's recentish spring meeting.

im confused, how do you "win"? it doesnt look like you even touch eachother? not dissin, just curious
    Emzii

current:
    lobes x 2 each (1 x 4mm)
    tongue
    Navel
    Outer Conch
    Septum

retired:
    scaffold
    8mm lobe
    sternum md
    left labret