Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts

Ah ok I see what you mean now, but then I guess a lot of martial arts schools are going to be alright with piercings as long as you take them out whenever there's a risk of contact with another person. Still, some instructors won't let you have them in at all, because it's going to end up being their responsibility if you get hurt.

NetherSpirit

I trained under Michel Tester, who's like 6 times EKKA Champion or something; really nice guy.

I practise Jeet Kune Do. Wing Chun based wing chun, but incorporating a lot of thai boxing and some Kali. Amongst other lovely little tidbits!
    I love it there, it's quite high risk because you get partnered with focus mitts and it's all too easy to get a blow to the face.

Hence my instructor does not like piercings.
    Plus when he trained Muay Thai in Thailand he got his eyebrow bar torn out sparring. Sucks for him!
    Jay
    Is this how we live, or is this how we die?

12mm Left Lobe ^.^
    1.6mm Labret
    1.6mm Septum **NEW**

This 1 time in PE class this fat chump wanted to get it started so I messed with him a bit, he got all aggressive so I hit his ass up!!!!!!# I hit him with so many hooks it was tight, he got shook he was all running so I popped one as he tried to get away and he got this black eye. Then as he recovered I let out a roar and said what the **** you wanna do?!?!?! to assert my dominance. No one in PE liked him so it really helped me get my rep up.

I also did martial arts before, it was cool it's good it teaches self defense discipline and respect.

That's freaking awesome! We all love you Bigg
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

gandy

Quote Originally Posted by BiggLJ View Post
    This 1 time in PE class this fat chump wanted to get it started so I messed with him a bit, he got all aggressive so I hit his ass up!!!!!!# I hit him with so many hooks it was tight, he got shook he was all running so I popped one as he tried to get away and he got this black eye. Then as he recovered I let out a roar and said what the **** you wanna do?!?!?! to assert my dominance. No one in PE liked him so it really helped me get my rep up.

I also did martial arts before, it was cool it's good it teaches self defense discipline and respect.
    wow, i bet the teacher got a real hard on while you where doing that.

wait a min "teaches self defense discipline and respect" and yet you did all that to a kid, and u perv over anything with 2 legs and tits????? hahaha you really are a joke kiddy
    Last edited by gandy; 07-18-2008 at 10:35 AM.

He's not a joke, he's tha bigg one

wing chun vs. traditional shaolin

the big 2!

but what are peoples preferences?

personally, i prefer wing chun just because there's no messing about, it's straight down to business. I love the idea of getting uncomfortably close in a situation as well, instead of staying out of harm's way.
    in terms of physical fitness and body/ mind conditioning though i'd say that shaolin was better, although it's a little too arty farty to apply in a modern day fight.
    Jay

12mm Left Lobe ^.^
    1.6mm Labret
    1.6mm Septum **NEW**

Wing chun has no messing about? That's a bit of a laugh

In my opinion they're both useless for fighting and it's hard to say which is worse as there's a lot of dancing around in both. I'll take muay thai or kickboxing over traditional kung fu any day.

Also in what sense are wing chun and shaolin the big two?

theyre the big two in terms of the fact that theyre the two styles you hear about the most.
    we do an hour of wing chun at my JKD class, so its probably adapted as its JKD, but what we do has zero dancing around. its in, punch, trap, combination.
    in wing chun you can deliver a fairly powerful fun sau/spade palm/vertical punch combination in less than a second, disorienting most opponents for long enough to go for more brutal moves like muay thai cutting elbows, or even a flurry of knees to the chest.

my point in this post is, while most of traditional kung fu is dated, when incorporated with other styles it can be the ultimate form of self defence.

like your style, while ive never heard of it, isnt strictly one style, as it incorporates TKD and muay thai.
    Jay

12mm Left Lobe ^.^
    1.6mm Labret
    1.6mm Septum **NEW**