Thread: Hair Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I've decided I'm not dying my hair red anymore. I feel like I've grown out of it, as much as I love it I just don't feel like its me anymore! I'm going back as close to my natural colour as possible when it comes to redying at the end of the month.

Does anyone else get like this with hair colours or am I mad haha

Nope I gave up with colours a while back after 16 years of dying it. I'll occasionally put a ginger veggie dye on to cover greys and to pep it up a bit as my natural has gone a little ashy as I've gotten older.

Talking of hair, I haven't used the following for 1 year now:

Shampoo
    Silicones
    Hot hairdryer
    Straighteners
    Chemical dye

My natural growth is quite frankly gorgeous, so tempted to straighten it still haha!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    So once upon a time (over a year ago) i bleached the ends of my hair. I have since dyed the whole thing dark brown numerous times yet the ends always end up looking a sort of ginger colour... I dyed my hair dark just before i came over to Australia but alas the sun has lightened it so bad! My roots are my natural colour with golden sun highlights (fine with that) but the ends are this horrible ginger gold colour.. Do i a)dye the whole thing dark brown again and have the same problem in a month or b) buy some bleach and attempt to dye the ends again and hope it goes a nicer colour and then let the sun do its thing.

I also need some up do inspiration. Humidity and cow licks dont make a very good hairstyle.
    Trim the ends off?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I've decided I'm not dying my hair red anymore. I feel like I've grown out of it, as much as I love it I just don't feel like its me anymore! I'm going back as close to my natural colour as possible when it comes to redying at the end of the month.

Does anyone else get like this with hair colours or am I mad haha
    You ain't mad lol. I gave up dyeing my whole hair few years ago and now I am naturally grey/white. I do occassionally do dipdye with bright red or blue but always end up chopping them off. I decided that I wasn't going to do any more dipdye after last time of doing it as I got bored of it. I just prefer my hair being natural colour even if some people seems to think I am older than I actually am lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Trim the ends off?
    That would be a good half of my hair

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Nope I gave up with colours a while back after 16 years of dying it. I'll occasionally put a ginger veggie dye on to cover greys and to pep it up a bit as my natural has gone a little ashy as I've gotten older.

Talking of hair, I haven't used the following for 1 year now:

Shampoo
    Silicones
    Hot hairdryer
    Straighteners
    Chemical dye

My natural growth is quite frankly gorgeous, so tempted to straighten it still haha!
    well done you. I'd love to go no-poo but when it comes down to it - after about a week i end up washing it u__u

other half is trying nopoo though; he has really dry scalp and dry hair (he's a redhead) since going nopoo he's noticed a marked difference in the softness of his hair
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

Quote Originally Posted by beautiful-disaster View Post
    well done you. I'd love to go no-poo but when it comes down to it - after about a week i end up washing it u__u

other half is trying nopoo though; he has really dry scalp and dry hair (he's a redhead) since going nopoo he's noticed a marked difference in the softness of his hair
    Why do you go back to washing it?

I have used a lo-poo a few times usually before staining my hair but that's about it. The cleansing conditioner I use cleans my scalp effectively. I don't want to put the same stuff I wash my dishes with on my hair any more! It's also amazing how using a conditioner to penetrate the hair and feed it works unlike silicones that just sit on the hair to be scoured off by detergents. Whoever invented the detergent shampoo/silicone conditioner cycle was a very clever person and very rich too haha!

I wish I could go water-only but being a curly it's impossible.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

The more and more I think about it, the more I wanna get rid of the red sooner.

Blah, hurry up pay day.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

is it a pillar box red or a darker red you have sweetpea?
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

Its in the middle at the moment, it was dyed around 4 weeks ago. The top is very dark, the bottom is very light, kinda like an accidental ombre! It'll fade near to my natural colour in a few weeks so not too bad!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

My scalp has been horrible the past 2 weeks, scabby, itchy etc, no change in routine except for less swimming....

I mixed up some coconut oil, wonder oil, lavender essential oil and tea tree essential oil. Leaving it on my scalp for a while, will breakdown with conditioner in the shower and then do an organic ACV rinse.

Fingers crossed!

ETA: Also did a sugar scrub by mixing brown sugar in the remaining oil mix.

Also, I must have scratched my scalp more than I realise, the ACV STUNG. lol
    Last edited by Boo; 07-19-2015 at 11:04 PM.