Thread: Hair Thread

A colour remover should take you to some shade of red, two or 3 should get you to a ginger. One bleach (NOT with 40 vol! 30 is plenty strong enough, I rarely use anything stronger than 20) should get you to some shade of gold/yellow (obviously it depends on how many layers of black dye are in your hair) You then have the option of quite a few bright colours (red, orange, hot pink, magenta, teal, purple, dark blue etc) although you will not be able to get a bright/light blue or anything pastel without bleaching further.
    Current piercings:
    Left ear: 7 x lobes, right ear: 2 x lobes, auricle, inner conch. Central labret, left nostril, right nostril x 2

Past piercings:
    Navel, right tragus, 2 x right helix

Future piercings:
    Right ear: Tragus, triple forward helix

Considering:
    VCH, tongue frenulum

Colour remover didn't touch my black except a bit on the roots! Sooooo many layers over the years!

I loved the colours mine went through when it was being lifted out ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Lifter didn't do squat to my "intense dark brown." Nor did two hours of 30 vol bleach, hydrogen peroxide, or a lightener.

It took a professional hair stylist a couple hours to get me to a decent looking brown with dark, dark blue streaks underneath (that turned brown in a week or two anyways) then a few months later took 4 hours in a salon to get purple and a chemical haircut.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

I dyed my hair blue-black once in my teens, after lightening it (not enough) to some sort of ginger. "permanent" dye, aye right. Six washes and I was back to ginger, which WAS permanent and I hated it :P I grew that out over several years and didn't do anything radical to my hair for a LONG time afterwards. I think my next dye adventure was henna oh the irony! Haven't touched black dye again.

I used Scott Cornwall Decolour Remover not too long ago on a semi-permanent but stubborn dye I got sick of, utterly foul-smelling but made a big difference.

I'm going to do a seek & destroy on my split ends but tbh I think I need a good trim as well. Getting very ragged. To be expected on bleached ends though, especially with hair this long.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I need to learn how to trim my own hair. Like you said, long bleached ends tend to need more than a S&D
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Colour removers do work, but they can be tricky to use. I think the secret is to fade as much as possible with shampoo etc first, then clarify like crazy to remove any silicones etc that may prevent it penetrating. Then keep it warm and keep it covered and keep it on the full hour. Rinse with really hot water, while keeping the hair moving for at least as long as recommended, preferably longer.
    Also most people don't realise they can be used more than once, and after bleaching. So if the bleach reveals dark ends you can do another colour remover just on those parts to even things up.
    I really need a proper trim. I have lost my good scissors though and I can't bear to use cheap nasty ones.
    Current piercings:
    Left ear: 7 x lobes, right ear: 2 x lobes, auricle, inner conch. Central labret, left nostril, right nostril x 2

Past piercings:
    Navel, right tragus, 2 x right helix

Future piercings:
    Right ear: Tragus, triple forward helix

Considering:
    VCH, tongue frenulum

I clarified mine to within an inch of it's life, then used 2 different removers around 5-6 times, it got my roots a little, a slight change on the mids in bright sunlight and nothing on the end. Even the hairdresser struggled with the remover/lifter/bleach she used on a test section of my hair. It was a fun ride but it was done well and I barely lost any hair from the ends too which was awesome.

Still loving mine, condition and colour is amazing despite all this swimming, still not cutting it either and have pretty much no split ends to remove when I S&D. Happy days! ^_^

I love how my hair clings to colour, except when I want to change it of course but I'm kinda past all that for now.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

This is the colour I'll be using

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...rch_detailpage

might be best just putting it over the black to make it blue black

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyQuinn7 View Post

Yeah you can put it over the black, it'll probably have a blue/black tint in strong light ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyQuinn7 View Post

Cheaper on Beeunique
    Only marginally cheaper if you just get one tub but the postage is flat rate so if you're getting more than one tub it works out cheaper-er.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue