Thread: Hair Thread

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I got some cleansing conditioner in boots today those of you who have switched to CO washing how did you find the transition period? How long did it take to get used to? So excited to start!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    I got some cleansing conditioner in boots today those of you who have switched to CO washing how did you find the transition period? How long did it take to get used to? So excited to start!
    Was fine for me, I have found though when I was shampooing or lowpooing I could get away with doing it once every 7-10 days with a cleansing conditioner I am having to clean more often but I think that's just because of my scalp and with conditioner only I found getting the balance of what to leave in and what to wash out hard sometimes.

I'm not the best person to ask, I have a fussy scalp and my hair is probably very different to yours I would assume? When I did just CO I could just splash a few handfuls of water over my head to "rinse" and I'd just leave the rest in ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Does anyone know what happens if you stop using shampoo and conditioner all together and just wash your hair with water?
    I dunno about using just water, but I've heard of people quitting shampoo and conditioner all together by washing their hair with baking soda and vinegar, and they've had amazing results.
    A little mayhem never hurt anyone, I'ma gonna get some...

What I Have:
    Left ear: 3 x Lobes, 1 Helix.
    Right Ear: 3 x Lobes.
    Right Nostril
    Navel

What I'm Considering:
    Tragus, Rook, Daith, Triple Forward Helix.
    Eyebrow /Labret /Septum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally Stitch View Post
    I dunno about using just water, but I've heard of people quitting shampoo and conditioner all together by washing their hair with baking soda and vinegar, and they've had amazing results.
    Yeah it's not far from WO but I worry the baking soda might be a touch harsh/abrasive. Keep meaning to use some ACV though, see if it helps my scalp.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I can attest to the fact that bicarb will make your hair feel like straw and tangle like you just came out of the woods! Tried it once to see if it would strip my hair (it didn't), thought it was going to all snap right off (it also didn't but felt disgusting)
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

First CO cleanse done, hairs still wet at the moment but was SO much easier to comb through after the shower, will report back later with how it looks/feels when dry too
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Purchasing bleach and blue dye tomorrow, decided the whole lot is going bright blue
    Emzii

current:
    lobes x 2 each (1 x 4mm)
    tongue
    Navel
    Outer Conch
    Septum

retired:
    scaffold
    8mm lobe
    sternum md
    left labret
    navel
    stomach surface x2
    Nostril x2
    right labret

tattoos:
    several! ask me..

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake View Post
    I can attest to the fact that bicarb will make your hair feel like straw and tangle like you just came out of the woods! Tried it once to see if it would strip my hair (it didn't), thought it was going to all snap right off (it also didn't but felt disgusting)
    See I know people who don't have that problem. Maybe it depends how much you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    First CO cleanse done, hairs still wet at the moment but was SO much easier to comb through after the shower, will report back later with how it looks/feels when dry too
    Yay! I can only detangle my hair when it's wet and preferably covered in co-conditioner or conditioner, such a pain!! And yes it means I go a day or 2 sometimes without detangling :/

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyQuinn7 View Post
    I'm after a curl cream or something like that to use with my bendy rollers, any recommendations please?
    Anyone? I don't find mousse very good for it